Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    just what would the power commander do for our bikes. i have looked into them and even put one on my triumph and never noticed a difference. can someone explain how it could help a bike with heat problems, i would think to keep the bike running right it would be built into the software of the ecu
    The power commander and Juicebox pro maps richen up the stock fuel mixture and this makes the engine run cooler, IF it was running too lean to begin with.I run an Evo race air filter and Hindle exhaust with the Juicebox Pro.I just recently installed an air fuel ratio gauge to be able to know just what the JB pro is doing.All the maps richen the lower and midrange rpms at the lower throttle settings by 10%.I know when I am cruising this is where I am running on the map settings 4,500 to 5,500 rpms and probably less than 15% throttle position.My a/f ratio is running an average of 13.0-13.2 cruising.In this cooler weather I am only running 3 bars and maybe 4 at stops.Now if the problem Spyders are running too lean say above 15.0 afr this would cause a hotter running engine.Keep in mind I also did the canisterectomy years ago.The easiest way to know if you are running to lean is to check the spark plugs.The best way would be to install an afr gauge.

I would think a reflash of the ecm to richen up the bike would be an easy fix if this was the only problem but there must be more to it than that. Jmho.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    I don't know, Snoop. Bob D. probably posts most of them.

Good point, i rescind that part of my statement.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hchays View Post
    I spend a lot of money on my 2013 RS and have heat issues too. It is basically the same design as the ST so why wouldn't we? I don't post on a lot of the "complaint forums" because people seem to exclude us RS owners. No we did not spend $25,000 but we spent enough to buy damn near any other motorcycle on the market and still choose to get screwed by BRP just like everyone else. Enough of that rant...... As I stated I have a 2013 RS with heat issues also. I have made a couple of mods that have helped the situation, but it still pisses me off that I would spend this kind of money to have an issue that does not seem to be a major concern of BRP.
    My memory ain't what it should be... you might just have the first 2013 RS with a heat problem that has been mentioned in here... The problem has been more widely reported with the other models, because it seems to be FAR more prevalent in them.
    Or do you have information that I am lacking?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    After reading these many pages of posts perhaps Lamont should split this site in two....

One for Spyderlovers and one for Spyder owners.
    Just because I am having heat issues doesn't mean I don't love my Spyder . . . it is the most fun I've had in my 60's . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Just because I am having heat issues doesn't mean I don't love my Spyder . . . it is the most fun I've had in my 60's . . .
    And we will find a fix
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"AMEN" to that!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Can't believe how many people are not happy with their 2013 RT. That's too bad. I am in love with my 2012 RT. Tell you what though. Me being a helping kind of guy. Will buy your 2013 RT you are having problems with, at wholesale of course. Bring it to Canada. Take it to my dealer who is totally awesome. Have it fixed up, and sell it at fair retail up here without any issues. I have been on a couple of 2013's. I never noticed a heat problem. Can't say I like the handling. I find it loose by comparison to anything from 2008 to 2012. But still manageable. They kind of remind me of Ford steering in the early 90's. I used to say if you sneezed you could drive off the road by accident. Anyways, my offer stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    If you and Snoop wanna play please take it to off topic This is my thread and I really would like to keep it on subject. I do not want any Ice Cream.
    magdave, I've heard enough anger. It is time for you to remind yourself of what you learned as a child: you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Your angry demeanor is unbecoming.

as for me I'm done with SL. I don't need this kind of negativity in my life.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe