Spyder Garage

Default Laser alignments in CO

We are officially open for alignments in Kansas and neighboring states.
    A couple of owners are set for this coming weekend already.
    We have a list started in the KC Metro area as well as another list of Spyder owners in Colorado.
    Once we have a few in each area we will begin alignment trips. If you want to get on a list please PM here or visit our website and use the contact form (remember to include city and state in message)

Visit our new Facebook page HERE and say Hi if you Like (hint hint)

Ryde Straight and True with...
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest 2014

Are you going to Spyderfest this year as a vendor or rider - or both?. I would like to get mine aligned.
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS - SE5 & Escape XL Trailer. Various Bling: PowerSportsWrap dash kit, Spyderpops grills, lower RT block off plate, Elka 1+Rs, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light, BajaRon sway bar, Diamond R armrests, Web Boards floorboards, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner, Custom World Front Vent Trim, SpyderFlap Mudflap, Alaskan Buttpad, F4 Sport Wide Windshield and SENA SMH-10's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by usn97ret View Post
    Are you going to Spyderfest this year as a vendor or rider - or both?. I would like to get mine aligned.
    We plan to be a vendor at Spyderfest. However, we have several who are wanting alignments done in CO already. I am keeping a list. Once we have numbers to justify a trip (and the weather improves) we will come to CO to do some alignments. Please go to Precisyontrac.com and use the contact form or just PM us here with contact and location information and we will include you on our list.
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders

Spyder Garage

I got a laser alignment from Lamont and Harvey Clark, yesterday, in Remington, VA. I thought my Spyder was handling well . . . man, was I surprised at the difference. You really owe yourself a good laser alignment . . . the handling difference is like night and day!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I thought my Spyder was handling well . . . man, was I surprised at the difference. You really owe yourself a good laser alignment . . . the handling difference is like night and day!
    You are correct, most Spyders will notice a marked improvement in handling. Ours was an example we had 27K on front tires with pretty even wear and thought it handled pretty well. We noticed a huge improvement after the alignment.

2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm in western Nebraska and am trying to decide if KS or CO would be closer. Where in CO are you planning to do the alignments?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    I'm in western Nebraska and am trying to decide if KS or CO would be closer. Where in CO are you planning to do the alignments?
    Locations yet to be set, we have several from all sections of CO that have inquired. We wont set a date or location and ask people to be out on slick roads, life is too precious and we will be available after the winter weather eases up to do these alignments.
    Once again use our contact form at Precisyontrac.com or PM with your information to get on a no obligation list of when and where we will be doing alignments.

2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thank you. I sent my info via your contact form.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What is a Good Laser Alignment

Can someone explain the laser alignment. How do I know if the right laser alignment process was followed. I have a local dealer who suggests that they do the laser alignment. Is there a specific brand of equipment I should be looking for when I go to the dealer.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    check out the 'spyder alignment imposter' link on this website. http://www.spydercomfort.com/independant%20dealers.htm
    Just for clarification, the link posted goes to the independent dealers using the True Laser Trac System. The one that shows the imposter equipment is http://www.spydercomfort.com/pirate.htm.

In Tennessee, Lamont and East Tennessee ATV in Elizabethton use the True Laser Trac System.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by manttila View Post
    Can someone explain the laser alignment. How do I know if the right laser alignment process was followed. I have a local dealer who suggests that they do the laser alignment. Is there a specific brand of equipment I should be looking for when I go to the dealer.

Thanks
    OK, I will. There is one patented system out there. True laser Track, by Spydercomfort.com
    This is the one Lamont uses, Harvey uses, and the other dealers listed on the website. It connects a laser to the hub; the true center. Our dealer used a laser that he got at home depot, and it was horrible! Unless they are using the real thing, results are suspect, at best.
    To explain it: Can Am knows they do a poor job of aligning Spyders - they even say "uneven tire wear is normal" in the service manual! I am a manufacturing professional - I have worked for a few companies you might have heard of: GM and GE. At GM, our vehicles were aligned, checked, and then checked again. We would never say something like that! So, the front wheels need to be parallel. If not, the vehicle tracks poorly, and turns better one way or another. It should track straight and true, and feel the same in turns going either way. The Laser from Spydercomfort allows a technician to adjust the wheels in perfect alignment. Sure, you can eyeball it. Not calibrated, but gets it close. You can use string, light tubes, straight edges, and any number of ways to get it close. A properly connected laser will be as straight and true as possible. Part of the system is the machined mandrels that hold the laser to the wheel. This system is patented, and the original. If your Spyder darts about, feels different going left or right, or eats tires, you owe it to yourself to contact a dealer who specializes in alignments. They also make this guarantee: If it is checked, and does not need an alignment, it is free! So far, the data indicates that most do need it, and owners all report a fantastic improvement in handling. We are getting it done next week in Las Vegas, and I will post results.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Laser alignment

Does anyone know if Lamont is going to laser alignments at the owners event in June?