Thread: Home at last!

Spyder Garage

Default Home at last!

Malissa & I made it home from Florida today about 4:30pm after 2566miles. The spyder ran perfect for the entire trip. The only glitch happened about 100miles from home. The Brake Failure screen came on with a code C1282. I checked the brake fluid level, didn't find any leaks, & the brakes worked fine. We made it home fine. Had to put on several layers of clothing to stay warm. It was 30deg saturday morning in Macon, GA, what a difference from 88 deg in Florida 2 days earlier. Enjoyed a delicious lunch with Colleen(GOS) from Atlanta @ the Twisted Taco & made it to Nashville saturday evening. Left Nashville this morning around 9am. Just a little saddle sore, but very happy with our first cross country vacation on our spyder. Looking forward to many more. Thanks to everyone for their prayers & well wishes. Dennis & Malissa! P.S. pictures are of Malissa with some of her Girls on Spyders friends, the sponge docks in Tarpon Springs, & me loading up our trailer.IMAG0795_BURST002_COVER.jpgIMAG0804.jpgIMAG0785.jpgIMAG0763.jpg
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Great..!!

glad you had a great trip and made it home safely. That is what it is all about and I'm sure you will have many more..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome home Happy to hear that there was only a small"glitch" in the whole time you were gone!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say Congrats on your first Long Distance Adventure

Great to hear that a few of the GOS members got to show you around a bit
    And we're glad to hear that all went well

No worries on the Brake Failure Code, even tho your resivoir may look full, add an ounce or two of DOT4 Brake Fluid to it & that should take care of your issue, as we've had the same in the past & it just needs to be topped off

Gosh, its been since 2010 since Teddy & I had been back home in Florida ...... & we miss it

Spyder Garage

Default Stats

Thought it might be interesting to keep tabs on mileage & cost for our trip. We traveled 2,566 miles, used 91.738 gallons of 93 octane gas, $3.62 average per/gallon, &27.97 average/mpg. Not bad for riding 2 up & pulling a fully loaded trailer. I thought we'd get 25 or 26 mpg. We seemed to get better mileage coming home in cooler weather. FYI
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Glad you guys made it back in time for the rains this week. Sounds like you had a good time.

That is about 2 mpg better than I get pulling the trailer...

JT

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Shewhoprays's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad you made it home safe. Hope to see you at the meeting on Saturday.

Spyder Garage

Default Break Fluid

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Great to hear that a few of the GOS members got to show you around a bit
    And we're glad to hear that all went well

No worries on the Brake Failure Code, even tho your resivoir may look full, add an ounce or two of DOT4 Brake Fluid to it & that should take care of your issue, as we've had the same in the past & it just needs to be topped off

Gosh, its been since 2010 since Teddy & I had been back home in Florida ...... & we miss it

Check your break fluid reservoir, it may be low BUT also check your break pads first. As breaks wear, it allows more action in the calipers which require the fluid in the reservoir to drop.

If you add brake fluid to the reservoir then later replace the brake pads, you will have to take the reservoir cap off to get the new brakes into place. this will cause the reservoir to over flow.

You don't want Brake Fluid to spill on paint. Brake Fluid is good at removing paint.
    If it Feels Good, Do It !!

Too Much Is Just Enough !
    2011 RS~S Pure Magnesium / Black ~M~

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your posts. I talked to Len from Pit bull yesterday & he said the same thing about the pads. I've got almost 16,000 miles on my RTS & because it's a manual I probably use the brakes more than an automatic. So that's where I'm starting. Thanks Again!