VETERAN’S DAY PARADE - INVITATION

On November 11th (Monday), I will be participating in the Columbia, South Carolina Veteran’s Day Parade.

Last year I rode my Gold Wing representing Rolling Thunder Chapter #1 of Rock Hill.

This year, I will be riding my 2013 Can Am Spyder RT Limited with trailer. I will be accompanied by several people who honor our Veterans by giving them quilts that are hand made by loving patriots. They are the Quilts Of Valor Volunteers, who will be walking and handing out literature, bringing QOV awareness to the public and Veterans. A Gold Star Mother (Robyn Dudley) will be riding with me and I will also be displaying a QOV Quilt during the parade.

The quilts are given to veterans and wounded warriors. One of their immediate goals is to provide quilts to those who, in the 60’s & 70’s, never received a Welcome Home. The quilts are hand crafted with special quality requirements and all funding is voluntary and by donations.

QUILTS OF VALOR is a 501(C)(3) not for profit foundation. They can be researched on the web at: http://www.qovf.org/. At this writing, QOV has awarded 90,950 quilts to veterans.

I invite all Spyder owners/riders to join me in this Veteran’s Day Parade as a reach out to our veterans and education of the public. With the Spyder motorcycles unique design and appearance, having several in a mass, it would really make a statement. Other motorcycle riders have expressed an interest and are also welcome to participate. If you have large flags, you may fly them.

What an adventurous and enjoyable ride it will be in support of our troops and all veterans. I should have the Parade line-up location and times toward the end of October. JUST AS SOON AS IT IS AVAILABLE TO ME – IT WILL BE SENT TO YOU.

If you would like to participate, please let me know A.S.A.P. – I have presented the application with an estimate of 20 Motorcycles. Feel free to share this message with other Spyder owner/riders who may want to participate.

I will also be riding in the York, SC Veteran’s Day Parade on SATURDAY November 9th. Parade time is 11:00 AM – Suggested line-up by 10:30 AM on South Congress Street next to the Court House. You are welcome to join me there too.

Harvey C. Mayhill USAF 1961-1965
803-980-2454

HCMAYHILL@AOL.COM