Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    If it fails.

Oops, just misunderstood your wording.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball79ST2013 View Post
    Do you feel your bike is hot, not the engine because is a different type of heat, one that is coming up from the sides of your seat...that is the heat that we feel on our ST, also after riding for 45 minutes or so.

I think you're referring to trapped in heat from little airflow. Mine wasn't that bad, but as precautions I added some heat shield to my side panels near my seat and leg areas, wrapped most of my upper exhaust tubes, and drill some large holes in the plastic pans under the bike.

All just in hopes of alleviating any discomforts in the future.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I think you're referring to trapped in heat from little airflow. Mine wasn't that bad, but as precautions I added some heat shield to my side panels near my seat and leg areas, wrapped most of my upper exhaust tubes, and drill some large holes in the plastic pans under the bike.

All just in hopes of alleviating any discomforts in the future.
    First I added heat shielding insulation to the side panels near my legs and I don't think that did any good at all. Then I blocked the airflow with some close cell foam weather stripping from the hardware store. I sealed the area between the inner plastic panel and outer side panels. Also between the top of the frame and the top center panel. There is no more hot air coming out from under the seat. I no longer have excess heat comfort issue at all anymore. The foam cost me 15 bucks and I have half a roll left.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    First I added heat shielding insulation to the side panels near my legs and I don't think that did any good at all. Then I blocked the airflow with some close cell foam weather stripping from the hardware store. I sealed the area between the inner plastic panel and outer side panels. Also between the top of the frame and the top center panel. There is no more hot air coming out from under the seat. I no longer have excess heat comfort issue at all anymore. The foam cost me 15 bucks and I have half a roll left.

Sounds good

What did you mean by "inner panel and outer side panels" ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Sounds good

What did you mean by "inner panel and outer side panels" ?
    What I am calling the inner panels are the 2 black plastic panels under the seat that cover the gas tank on both sides of the frame. The outer panels are the 2 upper mid tupperware beside your knees when you are sitting on the Spyder. The 2 upper side panels above that and the center panel is the one with the accessories switches in it. What I did was fill the gap between the very front of the inner panels, frame and the outer tupperware.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

It would be nice if the fan could be reversed in slow or stop and go traffic.I think that there is an aftermarket kit for Goldwings to do this

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    What I am calling the inner panels are the 2 black plastic panels under the seat that cover the gas tank on both sides of the frame. The outer panels are the 2 upper mid tupperware beside your knees when you are sitting on the Spyder. The 2 upper side panels above that and the center panel is the one with the accessories switches in it. What I did was fill the gap between the very front of the inner panels, frame and the outer tupperware.

Gotcha

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
    It would be nice if the fan could be reversed in slow or stop and go traffic.I think that there is an aftermarket kit for Goldwings to do this
    We've got a couple of folks in here looking at that option... and figuring out how to make it happen!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Heat bars ....

Quote Originally Posted by ZRCAT600 View Post
    How many bars are people showing who are having big heat issues on their ST's. I show any ware from 3 to 5 depending on where I am driving. It feels warm but not unbearable. Just curious if some people are showing more than 5.
    Never ... my problem is the heat being trapped under the plastics with no way to escape!

Spyder Garage

Default Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by charles4690 View Post
    E
    I have 2013 st-s and the heat bars usually stay at 5-6. Today it was 48 degrees when I went for a ride and within 30 minutes the heat was coming out of the seat and right side so much I needed to move around on the seat. The fan was coming on and off while riding in below 50 degrees. It was also very windy on the highway.
    That's scary ... how's your coolant level?