Thread: 2010 RT TROUBLE

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 2010 RT TROUBLE

My Spyder has been on the shop for 2 weeks and the dealer is baffled. Here are the symptoms.
    1 engine light and limp mode flash on , but go off within 3-5 seconds
    2 trouble codes said O2 sensor & barometric pressure sensor were tripped, but they can find no cause
    3 the engine surges. Cannot find cause
    4 on 80 mile trip the last 10 miles the engine stalled and did the surging
    5 oil was seen on the cuff of my left pant leg. No oil seen when I stopped on the way home only when I got home. A few drops on the ground
    6. Before I left for the run I checked the oil, fluids & all were normal. It never ran hot & no error messages other than a flash of engine light that went out in a few seconds.

The ECM WAS replaced a year ago last March (2012). I purchased an extended warranty T that time. I have only traveled 2,500 miles on that ECM due to surgery. The dealer has contacted Can Am for tech support. I am really upset as I spent a great deal of obey on this unit and I love riding it.

What at do you think?

Spyder Garage

Maybe a bad o2 sensor. I have heard lots of people that had theirs replaced for similar issues.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Default Still flashing "check engine"

Quote Originally Posted by Chikez View Post
    My Spyder has been on the shop for 2 weeks and the dealer is baffled. Here are the symptoms.
    1 engine light and limp mode flash on , but go off within 3-5 seconds
    2 trouble codes said O2 sensor & barometric pressure sensor were tripped, but they can find no cause
    3 the engine surges. Cannot find cause
    4 on 80 mile trip the last 10 miles the engine stalled and did the surging
    5 oil was seen on the cuff of my left pant leg. No oil seen when I stopped on the way home only when I got home. A few drops on the ground
    6. Before I left for the run I checked the oil, fluids & all were normal. It never ran hot & no error messages other than a flash of engine light that went out in a few seconds.

The ECM WAS replaced a year ago last March (2012). I purchased an extended warranty T that time. I have only traveled 2,500 miles on that ECM due to surgery. The dealer has contacted Can Am for tech support. I am really upset as I spent a great deal of obey on this unit and I love riding it.

What at do you think?
    I had the check engine lite start last Spring when I left Spyderfest 2013..First dealer said BUDS show o2 sensor but didn't have time to work on...so kept ryding with check engine flashing...14k miles later (by now had had one limp mode -- did remove key walk away routine) new dealer (old dealer went out of business) says appears O2 sensor but all this surging..running ragged .by now I was fouling plugs (running lean they say).. they got with BRP tech...tried many things (2 weeks in shop)...finally by passed the evap canister...I went maybe 1000 miles without any lites...then check engine started in again...once in a while...for the past 1500 miles it has come on and is permanently on...BUT is running fine in all other aspects...last time I stopped by dealer they put it on buds and said still running lean BUT ... because of my communication with BRP and the same for dealer and BRP I made the decision (I have BEST warranty) to ryde "her" like I own her and when she finally craps out then they can FIX it...I am not willing to give up my ryding time to sit in the shop and "look" for a cure. So I have been doing just that...Friday did a great run (400+) miles over Stevens Pass to see the fall colors. Yesterday went N into Canada (another 400+) miles...today Ms Spyder gets a much needed bath and probably only a short ryde up south shore of "my" lake. And all this time she is flashing (from the time I turn on) "check engine". What do you do with this information? Haven't a clue just guess I wanted you to know that you are not alone and for me I'm not letting a check engine lite that started almost 20k miles ago to stop mine. Find what fits for you and do it...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Purge Valve??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black