Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats

Enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmemakeit View Post
    Ill be the one to decide when its time to move on buddy. Will still check in to see how the 2014 models perform. Just because I dont own a syder doesnt mean I wont be visiting sites to keep up with the times. By the way seems every forum has a smart @$$ like you to make stupid comments. In the future keep your comments to yourself that would be directed towards me. I know a couple of spyder owners that are very disappointed with there purchase. Im sure there are more in the same boat. Well its beer thirty. You folks have a great weekend.
    I hope not but you sound like a j--k. We frown on people here who make pesonal attacks.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Bye bye
    Who cares

Not me by the way you said it

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

After two years of waiting and researching, I finally purchased my dream spyder st limited. Dealer said he could get a 2014 from a warehouse in Va. Waiting to assemble when aftermarket parts arrive. 2014black current st limited. Accessories include can am dongle,fog lights,spyder pops sway bar,two bros carbon fiber single slip on, juice box and passenger backrest. Hopefully it will run fine with no major issues. Im like a kid waiting for Christmas.
    Ride Safe.
    Enjoy!
    -iSpyder
    2014 Spyder RTS - Cognac

2012 Spyder RTS - Blue (17,700 miles)

Current Mods:
    BRP Backrest

ISCI Hand Brake w/ cup holder

ISCI center screw RAM mount w/ universal holder

ISCI driver and passenger floorboards

FZ-1 fuse block

Powerlet 12-volt socket installed in front speaker grill

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn

Hopnel dash bags and saddle bag nets

Spyder Garage

Glad you were finally able to decide ... mine is a 2013 ST-L withthe 2014 Air Flow Panels. You'll enjoy your new toy ... ride safe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've noticed that our unfriendly guy STILL stops in...
    Sooo... What are you riding now?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

After two years of waiting and researching, I finally purchased my dream spyder st limited. Dealer said he could get a 2014 from a warehouse in Va. Waiting to assemble when aftermarket parts arrive. 2014black current st limited. Accessories include can am dongle,fog lights,spyder pops sway bar,two bros carbon fiber single slip on, juice box and passenger backrest. Hopefully it will run fine with no major issues. Im like a kid waiting for Christmas.
    Ride Safe.
    Why the juice box?
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No Juice Box.

Since the engine is a closed loop system dealer said I really didn't need it. No heat issues at all. Rode home from dealer this past Wed. Heat index was around 110 degrees. Temp bar was two to three marks below the middle. As for me being handicapped, the heat was tough. I have problems with using my left leg due to accident when I was LEO. The spyder works good for me because of minimum use of left leg. So far so good. I have around 400 miles on it with only one problem. Engine stalled 3 times leaving dealer. Topped off tank with Sunoco Ultra 93. After that it runs fine. Thanks to those of you who offered congrats. There are great deals on the 2014's. Thanks.
    RIDE SAFE.

Spyder Garage

Since the engine is a closed loop system dealer said I really didn't need it. No heat issues at all. Rode home from dealer this past Wed. Heat index was around 110 degrees. Temp bar was two to three marks below the middle. As for me being handicapped, the heat was tough. I have problems with using my left leg due to accident when I was LEO. The spyder works good for me because of minimum use of left leg. So far so good. I have around 400 miles on it with only one problem. Engine stalled 3 times leaving dealer. Topped off tank with Sunoco Ultra 93. After that it runs fine. Thanks to those of you who offered congrats. There are great deals on the 2014's. Thanks.
    RIDE SAFE.
    Congrats and enjoy. My wife and I really like riding our ST
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I live in Florida and have a 14 RTL. I don't know where the complaints come from, the Spyder is significantly cooler than the 14 Harley Limited I traded for it, and any of the other 20+ motorcycles I've owned over the last 50 years. I'm one happy rider in the Florida heat on my spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I agree

Had a Heritage Softail. Would use plenty of anti Monkey Butt Powder. Kept a spare container
    in saddle bag. I was really expecting serious heat issues with the Spyder. Complete opposite.
    The Harley with its design generates way more heat than the Spyder.
    Ride Safez.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Come On Now!

Spyder ryders....Come on the guy comes on here and post a concern. There are many people here who are very "happy" with their Spyders. But not all are happy. The fella has concerns. It should be addressed like adults. This is a very complicated new machine that is only out 7 years. I have been in this forum since it first started. This is my first post. I have read for years about several concerns. What i look for are trends....heat, tire wear, steering, boiling, insurance, manufacture issues. I look at it all. That is what makes me and people like the fella you are addressing informed consumers. I don't drink the cool-aid for anything. I was in the US Army for 27 years. I learned to be cautious and look thru the veil of passion at what may be the truth.

That aside i think Spyders are a truly innovative pieces of technology. It should be more popular than it is. But it isn't, it's not for everyone. Fine...there are other products. Please look those over. But guys don't be so defensive to the point where people think you have a vested personal interest in Can-Am, other than just owning the product. Some of you act as if you are dealers and lawyers for Can-Am. It make you read like you are immature and can't defend the product you love so much. Like religious fanatics...not good salesmen for a product that may be innately...GREAT!

As for me i cant' wait that after so many years of waiting for my kids to finish school, i can finally get my Spyder either a ST-S or an RT-S. Then i too will be baptized into the cult of The Mighty Spyder.
    Be well everyone, Ride safe...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Good Post

All of the negative comments made towards me are just ignored. Those kind of people are on every forum. I'm still enjoying my spyder. Ride a lot at night when its cooler. Going to a local club meeting next month. Several spyder owners are members. Thanks for the post. Maybe some people here will change their attitudes towards others and be a little less negative.
    Ride Safe.

Spyder Garage

Default You have made a very wise decision !

To me the st limited is a great looking machine. Had my heart set on getting one. After researching, its one problem after another. Can Am have made changes on the 2014 models. I really doubt they have fixed all the problems. Time will tell. I think I'm going to back away and forget making the purchase. Good luck to those of you going through this experience. With heat problems and what I have read about can ams customer service, I don't want any part of dealing with these issues.

From the beginning I had nothing but issues with my 2013 sts , I have always said I spent way too much money for nothing but issues ! In 2013 the Spyder was more in the shop than I rode it . If it was not for the wife I would of sold the pos long time ago , since she rides it and loves to ride it I decided to keep it only with an agreement that she would take over in dealing with the issues , so I have a love hate relation ship with my machine . I have learn to deal with the issues only because I still have my gsxr1000 , when the Spyder starts to behave badly , I jumped on my gixxer ! I do have to admit some time the Spyder are fun to ride

Spyder Garage

Default Black current

Ride Safe.
    I just bought a ST Limited Black Current...I Love Her! Enjoy yours

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mine is black. Friend has a black also. We are both enjoying the heck out of them. I find it more fun than riding two wheels. Enjoy yours. Ride Safe.

Spyder Garage

Enjoy your new ride!!!!!! Most of all, ride safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Ammie View Post
    I just bought a ST Limited Black Current...I Love Her! Enjoy yours
    Dittos !!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I owned an 2012 RS for 3 years and resently traded for an F3. Loved my RS and it was trouble free but was ready for something different. My friend has a 2013 ST and everytime I get on the ST I tell him how comfortable the bike is. He has not had the ST panels replaced yet and it does get hot but he works nights so he is driving home at 2 a.m so it is not to bad but he is looking forward to getting the panels. You might want to go to Elka shocks and the swaybar otherwise the ST is a little lossey goosey in the turns and on uneven roads. He also put in HID's and it really lights up the roads at night.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I hope not but you sound like a j--k. We frown on people here who make pesonal attacks.

Jack
    Jack, Why was the OP a jerk? He was clearly influenced by the cloud of negative stuff about Spyders... ST in particular that seem to swirl. I think he has seen that while the amount of product complaints seem overwhelming, they are in fact not really the dominant feeling about the product. How many owners pop in and make a post saying NO PROBLEMS OR ISSUES? As has been pointed out, the nature of a forum, any forum, is a bit contentious with owners very parochial and defensive. The OP was responding to a what I consider a pretty off-putting remark and was not out of line. I don't agree with anyone buying an all-black vehicle as it will be a dust displayer but to each his own. I was initially attracted to the looks of the ST; especially the one with the hard bags (still haven't gotten all the model nuances straight).

Good luck with the new ST, Mr. OP! And for goodness sake, change your username now that you are on board. wg
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Asked dealer to install baja ron sway bay when puchased. Looked underneath and noticed the factory end links we not replaced with the billet aluminum ones pictured with sway bar. I'm wondering whether or not they even installed it. Going to inquire at the 600 miles service.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I like my spyder... but, am somewhat disappointed about the cost of maintaining one..

osm

Spyder Garage

Default Check the color of the sway bar!

Look under the front of your Spyder, if it is a BajaRon sway bar it will be red, the stock is black. You will want the billet links installed, much stronger than stock.
    I hope the dealer did not mess with you on the sway bar, it is an important improvement in handling. Your Spyder being a 2014, you have the FOX Podium shocks on the front,
    and they are preload adjustable, so with the sway bar upgrade and the FOX shocks your handling should be excellent! Good luck!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Default What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    Why the juice box?

Whats a juice box?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    Look under the front of your Spyder, if it is a BajaRon sway bar it will be red, the stock is black. You will want the billet links installed, much stronger than stock.
    I hope the dealer did not mess with you on the sway bar, it is an important improvement in handling. Your Spyder being a 2014, you have the FOX Podium shocks on the front,
    and they are preload adjustable, so with the sway bar upgrade and the FOX shocks your handling should be excellent! Good luck!!!
    Black sway bar with factory links. Will have it changed on 600 mile service. I sure hope the dealership with be straight up and not attempt to tell me something like you really don't need it or you won't be able to notice any improvement. Calling Monday to schedule service. Not going to mention sway bar until I get to dealership. Thanks for the heads up.