Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Red face Hey Now

I had problems with my 2013 RT and said what I had to, at least more people heard me here than my dealer or BRP... sh_t happens, and you move on. I wouldn't give up my machine for anything, Just love it, went out this weekend, no issues great ride, can't wait to get back out there, just put a Kenwood sub in the trunk, gives my music some punch and ordered my BajaRon sway bar and just installed back arm rests from Rivco for my wife just awesome !

Spyder Garage

Thin skin in the low country?

Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Default Decided on 2013

I was going to wait for the 14's but did not see any significant improvements to warrant the extra cost. I pick up my 13 STL on wednesday 11/6 and I cannot wait. This will be my 1st Spyder and I plan to ride until the snow starts flying here in PA. I saved about $5000.00 going with a 13 over a 14.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 ST-Ltd

Dave you will love it!!!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!!!!

Congrats, you are going to love it! I totally love mine. 770 miles only so far but no problems, just pure excitement! Best ride ever!!! People who haven't owned one cant understand!!!

Spyder Garage

Congratulations Dave!

Spyder Garage

Default MY Spyder Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmemakeit View Post
    To me the st limited is a great looking machine. Had my heart set on getting one. After researching, its one problem after another. Can Am have made changes on the 2014 models. I really doubt they have fixed all the problems. Time will tell. I think I'm going to back away and forget making the purchase. Good luck to those of you going through this experience. With heat problems and what I have read about can ams customer service, I don't want any part of dealing with these issues.
    I have a 2013 ST-L I got in June ... had some heat issues, spent about $200 fixing the heat on my left leg - am going to buy some new 2014 panels to address the poor air circulation in the engine compartment! Worth every penny I spend - I love my Spyder and would not go back to not owning one - I specifically love my 2013 ST-L It's worth every penny I've spent making her mine. I guess perhaps you should actually own one before you bash one! Yes, it's time for you to move on and get something you'll be happy with, of course just about any machine you get are going to have naysayers so beware or you'll end up without anything.

Spyder Garage

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    I have a 2013 ST-L I got in June ... had some heat issues, spent about $200 fixing the heat on my left leg - am going to buy some new 2014 panels to address the poor air circulation in the engine compartment! Worth every penny I spend - I love my Spyder and would not go back to not owning one - I specifically love my 2013 ST-L It's worth every penny I've spent making her mine. I guess perhaps you should actually own one before you bash one! Yes, it's time for you to move on and get something you'll be happy with, of course just about any machine you get are going to have naysayers so beware or you'll end up without anything.
    And Congratulations Dave ... you're going to love your new machine!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    I was going to wait for the 14's but did not see any significant improvements to warrant the extra cost. I pick up my 13 STL on wednesday 11/6 and I cannot wait. This will be my 1st Spyder and I plan to ride until the snow starts flying here in PA. I saved about $5000.00 going with a 13 over a 14.
    Good for you, I love my STS-SE5. All in all I've had no real problems, especially no heat issues. I'm doing the same, riding tell the snow falls! Enjoy it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ST- S

The ST-S is a great bike the only reason I would sell the one I have now is to get the new color ( Cognac ) I think is a great color, my take regarding some of the bike issues is that some have it some don't my friend has the same one I have color Yellow, and so far only one issue the HEAT, but if we ride in the winter is a good thing...lol I have to admit I love my bike issues or not is a great looking machine, by the 13 or 14 you will have fun...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I like the ST more than the RT and am quite disappointed the new engines are only in the RT. I guess I'll wait until they upgrade the ST to buy one, hopefully next year. This model split must be killing sales of non-RT models.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    Do the new air deflectors work well for you Benggolf?

Was thinking about getting them but then I'm also pretty sure they will not work with the new panels from BRP, unfortunately.

Carl
    Carl, can't tell you how much of an improvement they make, but just installed them because I liked how it looks on the bike.

You are right, these deflectors will likely not work on the new panels. By the way, any updates on availability of the new 2014 panels for ST models?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Dave~~Congratulations on the purchase of your new Spyder....you will love it!

Been riding my ST Ltd since June and have had no issues whatsoever! 10,000 miles on my baby and looking forward to many more. I hope you have the same luck as I have and enjoy it just as much!!

Good luck and be safe out there!!
    ST Ltd black current added touring windshield, akrapovic ST exhaust, upgraded BRP seat, fog lights, sport rack just for starters

Spyder Garage

Still in love with mine too! I even managed to get it out on the 12th, last Monday here in the Detroit area. Snow was off the roads, they were pretty dry and it was 40 degrees. Not ideal but when you are having withdrawal it was a quick fix. Wife got me these "cheek/neck protector and it did the trick. Still looking to the spring and summer though.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ffun View Post
    Dave~~Congratulations on the purchase of your new Spyder....you will love it!

Been riding my ST Ltd since June and have had no issues whatsoever! 10,000 miles on my baby and looking forward to many more. I hope you have the same luck as I have and enjoy it just as much!!

Good luck and be safe out there!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Like 900Dave...I'm looking at buying my first Spyder this year....was waiting to see if the changes on the 14's would steer me that direction. After reading other post...the only change is adding the extra air scoop on the side panels. I figure I could save some serious cash and add the side panels myself per 'quickster47' post. The only reason I would buy a 2014 ST-L would be for the new Cognaq color....it looks awesome! Will probably just get a 2013 ST-L in the Pure Magnesium Metallic. Hopefully by April I will pull the trigger...jonesing real bad to get one!

Spyder Garage

Love my 2013 RT and my new frunk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Weissenbrunn, OberFranken, Bayern, Germany
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear, Ronbo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    MISSING A LOT OF FUN!! I've got a 2013 rt limited. No problems. Lots of great rides with terrific rides with great people!
    Just bought a 2013 ST LTD, with a super offer from Can-Am here in Germany. Got 3000 Euro off the new trike, and an extended warranty to 4-years! The forums here in Germany are full of praise and joy with this Spyder model. Hope that I have good luck with mine. Have already planned to customize with a nice Lightning 41 wrap on the pearl white beauty, and some cool vent covers all around. And from Lamonster I've ordered the IPS and Spyder decals front and back and for the safety message board too. And I've got the LED spoke lights in red on the way too. Anyone use them? Am off to my first Can-Am SpyderRiders Day in the Altmuehltal from 7-8 June, and really looking forward to meeting other ST LTD drivers to compare notes. Being a retired US soldier/civil servant here is different but I'm at home in Bavaria, and the new Spyder is going to make my day(s) in the summer months! Best from Bavaria! Rick (Bavarianami)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianami View Post
    Just bought a 2013 ST LTD, with a super offer from Can-Am here in Germany. Got 3000 Euro off the new trike, and an extended warranty to 4-years! The forums here in Germany are full of praise and joy with this Spyder model. Hope that I have good luck with mine. Have already planned to customize with a nice Lightning 41 wrap on the pearl white beauty, and some cool vent covers all around. And from Lamonster I've ordered the IPS and Spyder decals front and back and for the safety message board too. And I've got the LED spoke lights in red on the way too. Anyone use them? Am off to my first Can-Am SpyderRiders Day in the Altmuehltal from 7-8 June, and really looking forward to meeting other ST LTD drivers to compare notes. Being a retired US soldier/civil servant here is different but I'm at home in Bavaria, and the new Spyder is going to make my day(s) in the summer months! Best from Bavaria! Rick (Bavarianami)
    Good for you Bavarinami! I'm jealous, your 4 year warranty. My bike has been a good one so far, (fingers crossed)! So hopefully I won't need the 2 extra years. Can't wait til the weather warms up! Drive safely!

Spyder Garage

Default Pick any machine...

and you'll find people who are having problems and not happy with them. There simply are no guarantees.

One thing is for sure, there are some GREAT deals on 2013's out there. And there are a great number of very happy 2013 owners.

Yes, there have been more issues with the 2013's than anyone would have liked. But problems are always magnified on any forum environment.

If I wanted a great deal on a new Spyder, I would look hard at a 2013. I don't think you're ever going to see deals like this in the future.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

my 2009 RS SE5 with over 38,000 miles has had ZERO issues...
    people generally don't talk about 'good' things... seems like only 'negative' issues are posted... the reason is, those with the problems, are asking for help.... most, not all, i'd say, 85% of SPYD3R have had relatively few issues... those that are BIG issues, are usually advertised here to the MAX....

so what you wish, it's your decision, but don't base it on just the things you read here... speak with others who own SPYD3Rs and talk with the Service Manager at the various dealers...

good luck....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC

Spyder Garage

Cool Sorry, Magnesium

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN9 View Post
    Like 900Dave...I'm looking at buying my first Spyder this year....was waiting to see if the changes on the 14's would steer me that direction. After reading other post...the only change is adding the extra air scoop on the side panels. I figure I could save some serious cash and add the side panels myself per 'quickster47' post. The only reason I would buy a 2014 ST-L would be for the new Cognaq color....it looks awesome! Will probably just get a 2013 ST-L in the Pure Magnesium Metallic. Hopefully by April I will pull the trigger...jonesing real bad to get one!
    Sorry, the 2013 ST Limited comes in only Pearl White or Black Current. If you want Magnesium, it will have to be a ST S or reg ST or a 2014 model.

Spyder Garage

Post love my spyder

I love my 2012 Rt se5.....don't believe everything you read on internet blogs , go test ride one yourself ! and BELIEVE...
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Only the problems get reported

To me the st limited is a great looking machine. Had my heart set on getting one. After researching, its one problem after another. Can Am have made changes on the 2014 models. I really doubt they have fixed all the problems. Time will tell. I think I'm going to back away and forget making the purchase. Good luck to those of you going through this experience. With heat problems and what I have read about can ams customer service, I don't want any part of dealing with these issues.
    I own a 2013 ST-Limited. I too was concerned about the problems reported but my desire for this unique machine won out. Some food for thought. More often then not, especially with the internet, it often is only the "complaints and problems" that get brought to light. The folks that are motoring along with no problems don't have as much to say.

Think about it again, the more miles, the more smiles !! I am 3k miles in with no problems. And I did most of my riding in some very warm weather.

Registered Users jeffblackmore1's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I love mine 2013 st spyder limited

We have a 2013 st spyder limited. Had the recall work done. Have had really no problems other than my belt guard came off and have not had that replaced as of yet. Our dealer hear in Lexington,Ky is pretty good to deal with so far. Really enjoy mine.

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

My 2013 ST-S (well not quite mine yet!) is still at the dealer 450 miles away whilst they figure out how to do the adaptations, so how do you think I feel seeing this thread? Well, pre crippledom, I rode Buells so I feel quite at home already
    I do need to get a list of what I need the dealer to sort (recalls, issues etc.) before they drive 450 miles to deliver it as popping back in to sort small issues isn't exactly on!