Quote Originally Posted by Microjedi View Post
Hey. Not so loud.
This is my very first bike since I had a scooter at 15! Two friends with a BMW and a Yamaha have been after me for years to get a motorcycle. At 69 I wasn't up for going back to the classroom for a motorcycle license, which costs over 2000 Euro here in Bavaria. So they put me on to Can-Am. I was lucky that we have a local dealer (there are very few here in Germany). He had a beautiful pearl white ST LTD sitting there and had just put the price down 3000 Euro on a special deal from Can-Am! I fell in love immediately with the bike/trike, and came back the next day and bought it off the floor. It is now sitting in my garage waiting for 1 March to roll around, as I have a seasonal registration which runs until 31 October. The ST L has it all, and I'm adding some of Pete's PowerSportWraps, a mono rear seat cover, shortee antennae, dash/windschield pouch, nice mesh-metal covers for the intakes, from Lamonster his spider decals and an IPS, and have purchased a beautiful glossy white Schuberth C3 helmet with their SRC Bluetooth system so I can hear my Garmin 660 give me voice directions. Already have the US and Bavarian flags on the helmet and will add them to my ST L too. I going to my first SpyderRidersDay meeting in the Altmuehltal, about a 2-hour drive from home, from 7-8 June and really looking forward to meeting other Spyder riders. Another Bavarian dealer is putting me in contact with a retired Marine who drives an RT too. Off this weekend to the big show in Munich, the IMOT. Hope to see some Can-Am folks there and meet some new friends. I may just buy a helmetCAM so I can record some of my tours around Bavaria and Thuringen. Next year I'm planning a two-week tour of Ireland with my Yamaha buddy. Will share my pic with ya'll down the road!
Best from Bavaria! Rick/Bavarianami