Thread: Spyder Trip

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Trip

A couple of Spyders and some other assorted bikes are heading to Jasper Ar. this morning for some fun fall riding.

See you there.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    A couple of Spyders and some other assorted bikes are heading to Jasper Ar. this morning for some fun fall riding.

See you there.

JT
    jt, have a blast! safe trip!

Spyder Garage

We were there two weeks ago what a great ride. Have a wonderful time. Penny

Spyder Garage

We took Hwy 7 heading towards Russellville. That is a great road!! Around there is the abandoned Dogpatch USA amusement park.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    We took Hwy 7 heading towards Russellville. That is a great road!! Around there is the abandoned Dogpatch USA amusement park.
    That would be a pretty cool place to wander through after all these years. Too bad no one ever picked up the ball and ran with it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    That would be a pretty cool place to wander through after all these years. Too bad no one ever picked up the ball and ran with it.
    It seems to be a popular motorcycle route (I saw a few AR provided panflet explaining motorcyle routes). It is nicknamed "The Arkansas Dragon". We enjoyed it more than the Tail of the Dragon IMHO.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default Good news..!!

be safe and enjoy the trip...time is running out for the good weather so make the most of every good/almost good day...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    It seems to be a popular motorcycle route (I saw a few AR provided panflet explaining motorcyle routes). It is nicknamed "The Arkansas Dragon". We enjoyed it more than the Tail of the Dragon IMHO.
    We just got back and for sure it was some fun riding on the Dragon. Where else can you see a wild herd of Elk, the Grand Canyon and ride the Dragon in one day except Jasper? Saw a few other Spyders while we were down there. Very friendly people and lots of places to go and things to see. We will be going back to that area again for sure.

When the temp gauge on the Spyder says 35 after riding for a 1/2 hour you know it is going to be some cool riding.

JT

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you had a great Ryde this week, John. How did you handle the cold weather? Do you have heated gear? Just wondering. You really put on some miles this week. Glad you made it back home safe.
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderfever View Post
    Sounds like you had a great Ryde this week, John. How did you handle the cold weather? Do you have heated gear? Just wondering. You really put on some miles this week. Glad you made it back home safe.
    I wear boots and jeans an undershirt and jean shirt and a bomber jacket when cold and add my frog toggs on top of that for added insulation. Just heated grips that do come in handy. I did pick up this week from Dunhams an underarmor head cover thingy that many were wearing Friday and Saturday. Wore it this morning for my mountain bike ride and it kept my head warm.

As it warms up I start peeling things off... it's a bit easier to have a few thin things to remove to adjust the heat retention.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...pid1223223-001

If it is really cold I put my Carhartt insulated bibs on and a thicker jacket.

Yea, I just did a calculation and I'm up for an oil change again. I hope Midwest Sports has their laser alignment up and going by then and I'll get both done.

JT