Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Boots-comfortable and walkable?

What do you recommend for a lightweight, comfortable ladies riding boot, that can also be walked around in after arriving at destination? I also notice the heat on the right foot and leg on our new RT-Se5. See many types for sale, but hate to buy on line without a recommendation. Thanks for input.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vrooom View Post
    What do you recommend for a lightweight, comfortable ladies riding boot, that can also be walked around in after arriving at destination? I also notice the heat on the right foot and leg on our new RT-Se5. See many types for sale, but hate to buy on line without a recommendation. Thanks for input.
    My wife got a pair of Harley riding boots that have a short heal that she loves. There so comfortable that she wears them to work and dancing. I think we paid around $135 for them at a local cycle shop.

Spyder Garage

Default women's Riding Boots

Just bought my wife a pair of Vega riding boots. They look strikingly similar to the men's Can-Am riding boots. She loves them. I think they were $79.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I love my Ariat boots. There are lots of styles to choose from. They are sturdy and very comfortable even when walking around sight seeing.

Spyder Garage

I wear a Ladies double-zip Harley boot... totally comfortable for me -- whether walking or riding. Another benefit -- easy to take off or slip on by opening just one zipper. Hate laces. I ride a 2012 RTS-SE5. Good luck with your search! Not waterproof though...
    Last edited by Luvs2Ride; 10-16-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cruiserworks riding boots are great.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife uses an old pair of smooth sole Dr. Martins that she's had since college. She said she didn't like the tall sole/heel of some of the other boots she's tried because it didn't give her the ability to move her feet around on the pegs like she likes. They are a nice boot but can be pretty pricey when buying an authentic pair new. Lots of Chinese knockoffs...

Spyder Garage

Ariat Fatbabies!!!! They are alot cooler that the motorcycle boots, I've six pair of HD in my closet I need to get rid of! The shank on the Fatbabies is wider, therefore you get some airflow on these hot bikes. The Original Fatbabies work better for me cuz I have a hi instep. And, you can them in other colors rather than just black! Oh, I also buy them a bit on the big side, that way when it's cold I can wear a thin sock over my regular ones for a bit of layering. Comfortable on the bike, and light weight to walk around in when off of the bike.
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    BRP 1" riser, Trunk liner & Fog Lights. NMN Triple Play & Turn Signal LED, Double Play, Front Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Light Kit, Center Tail Light. 3" Handlebar Riser Kit, Adj. Footrest Brackets & Axle Caps, and Chad Windshield. Kuryakyn Spider pegs & mounts, ISO Grips, & Throttle Boss. J&M radio (Custom Bracket). Evoluzione Power Bus. DEI Exhaust Wrap. AudioVox Cruise Control (Custom Bracket). Gerbing Electric clothing socket.

Spyder Garage

I wear my combat boots.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDeb View Post
    Ariat Fatbabies!!!! They are alot cooler that the motorcycle boots, I've six pair of HD in my closet I need to get rid of! The shank on the Fatbabies is wider, therefore you get some airflow on these hot bikes. The Original Fatbabies work better for me cuz I have a hi instep. And, you can them in other colors rather than just black! Oh, I also buy them a bit on the big side, that way when it's cold I can wear a thin sock over my regular ones for a bit of layering. Comfortable on the bike, and light weight to walk around in when off of the bike.
    Who carries fat babies and are they sized regularly? Water proof, price? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Riding Boods

Vietnamese wear Thongs (Jap Flaps)

some times they have 5 toes sometimes they have 4

I'm wonderin if they had too much
    "TOE OUT"

Just sayin! That's my Wooden Nickels worth!
    If it Feels Good, Do It !!

Too Much Is Just Enough !
    2011 RS~S Pure Magnesium / Black ~M~

Spyder Garage

Check out BRPs boots. They are the very light and comfortable ! A lot of dealers are blowing out their old stock now .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default I'm sure ...

I'm sure you've already bought boots by now but I have ICON Tarmac Boots for the summer (protection with lots of air flow) and Tour Master Women's Solution Waterproof Road Boots for colder days. Both are very comfortable and easy to walk in - all day if necessary!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've pretty much given up on boots. I have to use a custom orthotic insole, and must have shoes with removable insoles so I can use my own. If anyone knows of something like that, and that are good for walking in, I'd be interested in learning about them.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I've pretty much given up on boots. I have to use a custom orthotic insole, and must have shoes with removable insoles so I can use my own. If anyone knows of something like that, and that are good for walking in, I'd be interested in learning about them.
    Patti I also wear custom orthodic insoles, both feet, and the boots I told you of work. both brands and models I told you of. I just removed the the insoles that came with the boots and replaced them with my custom ones. Very comfortable, don't give up ...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Found a great boot at home

I used to horse/endurance ride, so got out a pair of Ariat Terrain short laced boots I wore back then, and wa-la, perfect! Very protective, but soft and comfortable. I would recommend. I see they still make them-saw a waterproof version online.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Roomy Ariats

Prairiespyder, I also put extra insole cushioning in these Ariats. They are roomy and still comfortable that way.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How about Dr. Martens 1460 Originals?
    I bought these in amazon to use when riding my motorcycle. They are much cheaper than boots specifically made for riding bikes. They protect my ankles and feet and I'm sure will last forever!

Dr.-Martens-Womens-1460-Originals-8-Eye-Lace-Up-Boot2-260x300.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Boot barn arita boots

Who carries fat babies and are they sized regularly? Water proof, price? Thanks
    I also wear the fat baby's to ride in. I love them and can wear them all day .. Mine have bling on them. I bought mine on eBay. But look at any western store or online.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go to your Local Cycle Gear Store they have the best prices on
    motorcycle touring boots that are comfortable and will block that heat you can
    sit down and try them on.. BUT they are sized in foreign sizes so you will have to try
    on a few to get the right size. You can also find them on line at www.cyclegear.com
    Dave

Spyder Garage
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV