Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT Audio System Questions

I am a new owner of an RT Limited and have some questions about the audio system...

I have the Sena Bluetooth SMH10 headset and the SM10 Bluetooth dongle. The SMH10 headset is paired with an iPhone and the Bluetooth dongle.

1) Should the passenger volume controls function? Currently, they do not although the forward and advance buttons work.
    2) Should the fader controls affect the headphone feed?
    3) Do the Headphone Mix controls do anything?
    4) I set the preferences to display the audio information on the main screen, but about every day or so it resets and I have to reconfigure this option - any ideas?
    5) Is there a more optimal pairing strategy? The Zumo 660 is also installed.
    6) Are the aftermarket/third-party accessories that would enhance the sound quality or add functionality?

Thank you....

Spyder Garage

I cannot answer your questions, but you should answer mine to help others help you.

What year is your RT?
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Year of RT

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    I cannot answer your questions, but you should answer mine to help others help you.

What year is your RT?
    I have a 2013 RT Limited...
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickhooton View Post
    4) I set the preferences to display the audio information on the main screen, but about every day or so it resets and I have to reconfigure this option - any ideas?

Thank you....
    Known problem with no fix yet. When you turn the key off and then turn it back on again, for example when you forget to set the parking brake, some of the settings will get blown out. For sure the audio display on the main screen every time and sometimes, speed to volume, bass and treble settings.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

The passenger volume controls and the headphone mix control only apply to the wired BRP system.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    The passenger volume controls and the headphone mix control only apply to the wired BRP system.
    Correct but the passenger forward and back for song select or channel select still works!
    Odd.....

I actually looked at the pin outs of where this is connected to the radio and there are 2 dead pins labeled as volume control that "I think" could allow the passenger to control the radio volume if re-wried. Without the entertainment harness the passenger cannot control volume. But "I think" if re-wired to the radio port, they could.

Oh and FYI, if you don't want the passenger to be able to change the song/channel, just unhook them!

Personally my wife likes to control way too much stuff in my life so I unhooked that ability

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black