Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

JOHN
    Sometimes you have to talk it out and think long and hard about things like this. I don't think I am having heat issuses like your experiencing . My bike get very hot at the glovebox area and by my wife's leg as a passenger. Also I here gas boiling in the tank after short rides I have not started touring yet because I just don't trust the bike enough. Right now I am concentrating on getting mine to handle better.
    I have thought a lot about what to do with mine also. I am going to work on the handling right now and wait to see if BRP comes up with something for our heat issues. It was just last week that we all filled out the survey and they see what is being talked about on this forum. I don't want to take a loss either so I am going to wait and see what happens. If BRP does nothing and my bike starts to run even hotter where I can't ride it. I will take it back to the dealer and walk away from it and stop making payments!!! Also I would contact Nydia Hahn Consumer advocate from Channel 6 action news Philadelphia.
    As for you I think you should wait and see what BRP comes up with and not make any Hastie decisions.

GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by RBS66; 10-16-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

John

Life is short, sometime you just have to walk away from something and find something else that pleases you, good luck with whatever decision you make

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default i was wrong

i just got back from the dealer and they are still working on the bike and it is the first time i have seen it fully apart, the way the pipes are run on the left side is just dumb. right by the gas tank with no heat shields. the thing i was wrong about is the anti freeze, they are not changing it as i thought the new anti freeze is being used in their 4 wheelers and he has a call into steve from brp to see if they want to try it, but they don't have it in stock so if he wants to change it brp will have to send it. there doesn't look like there is any heat damage to the MC or the canister and they are getting ready to put the band aids on them. the buds report was sent to brp and i guess they are waiting t see what brp says. so that's it so far and i did tell them i changed my mind and will give the bike another chance.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good luck and keep us posted.

Spyder Garage

Default Great News

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i just got back from the dealer and they are still working on the bike and it is the first time i have seen it fully apart, the way the pipes are run on the left side is just dumb. right by the gas tank with no heat shields. the thing i was wrong about is the anti freeze, they are not changing it as i thought the new anti freeze is being used in their 4 wheelers and he has a call into steve from brp to see if they want to try it, but they don't have it in stock so if he wants to change it brp will have to send it. there doesn't look like there is any heat damage to the MC or the canister and they are getting ready to put the band aids on them. the buds report was sent to brp and i guess they are waiting t see what brp says. so that's it so far and i did tell them i changed my mind and will give the bike another chance.
    That's great news that nothing has begun to get damaged. And here is my "no tech savy" 2 cents. Last week went to our dealer (which I believe is one of the best), Clem's in Enumclaw, Washington. Ended up purchasing an extended warranty for my 2011 RT S SE5. But was very tempted with the pricing on the 2013's. Plus, Randy, our spydee tech is waiting to hear from BRP because he has come up with a solution for a heat shield type of protection for the pipe area because he believes that has been behind a lot of the heating problems. Clem's believe BRP will be coming out with some sort of fix based on his technique. Clem's is already using the protection on any new 2013's going out the door now. Not sure if this is different from the BRP fix already out there but believe it is. Best wishes to you and all the luck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzermom View Post
    That's great news that nothing has begun to get damaged. And here is my "no tech savy" 2 cents. Last week went to our dealer (which I believe is one of the best), Clem's in Enumclaw, Washington. Ended up purchasing an extended warranty for my 2011 RT S SE5. But was very tempted with the pricing on the 2013's. Plus, Randy, our spydee tech is waiting to hear from BRP because he has come up with a solution for a heat shield type of protection for the pipe area because he believes that has been behind a lot of the heating problems. Clem's believe BRP will be coming out with some sort of fix based on his technique. Clem's is already using the protection on any new 2013's going out the door now. Not sure if this is different from the BRP fix already out there but believe it is. Best wishes to you and all the luck.
    Can you elaborate more on his new heat fix? Or, please advise what he's doing after you get more information.
    2013 RT Ltd. SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by wetmountainman View Post
    Can you elaborate more on his new heat fix? Or, please advise what he's doing after you get more information.
    That's all I've got, unfortunately. Since I have a 2011, I did not go into detail with them on the fix. I was semi seriously thinking of trading my 2011 and when I was asking them about the heating issues, this is the information they gave me. I then decided to get the extended for my 2011 and bide my time to see how the 2014's perform.

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well my current situation has not changed, dealer won't help and BRP wont call back. Last trip to the dealer netted me the hottest temp on the gas cap yet and it was only 74 degrees out that morning! (153 degrees on a plastic cap) I did a long ride this past sunday and had to stop about 60 miles in and place a towel over the front of the seat to keep the heat off of my nuts! They was a roasting.... now later that evening when it got cool that heat was kinda nice but not so much when it was 85 out. I rode about 220 miles to another dealer to see if they have seen any issues with the heat, their response was kinda beating around the bush, like they have but don't want to talk about it??? He kept changing the subject and avoiding my questions, weird....

Spyder Garage

Default phone call

i just got off the phone with steve from brp. according to the buds report he received from my dealer my bike is running hot, lol i knew that. he also told me that the report shows i am shifting at the right rpm's and running the bike in the right rpm range, but he said the tec's are working on the problem and they hope to have a solution in the next couple of weeks, just when the holidays are coming and i said i was going to supply the roasted chest nuts
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

i just got off the phone with steve from brp. according to the buds report he received from my dealer my bike is running hot, lol i knew that. he also told me that the report shows i am shifting at the right rpm's and running the bike in the right rpm range, but he said the tec's are working on the problem and they hope to have a solution in the next couple of weeks, just when the holidays are coming and i said i was going to supply the roasted chest nuts

Well, maybe, just maybe they can find something john. It would sure help alot of people including you.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default amazing

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Well, maybe, just maybe they can find something john. It would sure help alot of people including you.
    what really amazed me was they could tell what rpm's i was shifting at and what rpm's i was cruising at
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

what really amazed me was they could tell what rpm's i was shifting at and what rpm's i was cruising at

yeah, they get that info from the buds readout....It sounds like they were at the very least, honest about your issue.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default WOW

That was fast. They had my BUDS rpts a week before they got yours. Just got off the ph with BRP Steve who told me basically the same thing he told you... Steve said the BRP Techs were analyzing several Buds rpts to find the issues...JOHN IT'S NOT US.....

It's to sad that the dealer techs can't read the BUDS rpts...

Wait a couple weeks and it will be so wet and cold that I won't be able to ride...talk about timing

It would be nice if BRP came up with a fix...
    Last edited by OWISE1; 10-17-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    Illegitimi non Carborundum

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow with Black Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default new-new update

i just called the dealer about hearing from brp. he told me the canister was melted and one is on order so no bike until it comes in being the bike is all apart so now it is just a waiting game to get the bike back. i was really starting to think i was going nuts with everyone not having problems saying the people with problems have the poor me's and we were cry babies, so believe it or not i feel a lil better knowing they did find a problem and that i was not loosing it
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default HEY BRP STEVE

there are bunch of people following the outcome of this issue--sure hope brp is on this one. congrats to cuz john for being so persistent, I sure hope it works out well for the "cuz" and the rest of the 2013 owners with problems.

Spyder Garage

Default persistent

Quote Originally Posted by frenchek View Post
    there are bunch of people following the outcome of this issue--sure hope brp is on this one. congrats to cuz john for being so persistent, I sure hope it works out well for the "cuz" and the rest of the 2013 owners with problems.
    i was only persistent because i have a health problem with my feet due to diabetes and i can not have my foot burnt because diabetics don't heal well, if the problem with my feet didn't exist i might of just learned to live with the heat problem. but being my brother in law lost toes due to a burn and he was a worst diabetic than i am i said i will not lose body parts and put my health at risk over a bike that i bought because of not being able to ride two wheels anymore. so lucky for me and us, that i did have concerns and i pushed the issue to the point where i am getting something done. i just hope they find a fix for us 13 owners and we can ride till our hearts are happy again.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

i just got off the phone with steve from brp. according to the buds report he received from my dealer my bike is [PHP]running hot[/PHP], lol i knew that. he also told me that the report shows i am shifting at the right rpm's and running the bike in the right rpm range, but he said the tec's are working on the problem and they hope to have a solution in the next couple of weeks, just when the holidays are coming and i said i was going to supply the roasted chest nuts

So if it is running hot is it running too lean or is there a problem with the cooling system?Just my thoughts.

Spyder Garage

Default don't know

Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    So if it is running hot is it running too lean or is there a problem with the cooling system?Just my thoughts.
    i get really bad gas millage but i don't know what is going on with brp and what they are thinking. as long as they can come up with a fix that's all that really matters. when a friend of mine looked at the muffler the other day he thought the bike was running rich by the black in the rear baffles. i just hope a fix is soon found
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm curious about the whole "running lean/running rich" issue as well...
    John,
    If you're talking with BRP about it; ask them:
    If the bike is running lean, and heats up...
    Does it then go to some sort of enrichening mode, to add fuel to cool the combustion chamber?

Lousy fuel mileage could also be the purge valve (I think...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default well

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    John,
    Does it then go to some sort of enrichening mode, to add fuel to cool the combustion chamber?

there has to be a good reason for everything that is going on. so i guess if they can see what rpm's that i am shifting at and what rpm's i am cruising at than they can see everything the bike is doing and try to find a fix. i just hope they can't see that every tine i ride i stop at a donuts shop or a pastrami sandwich i eat because that can really be embarrassing
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

John, get that thing on the rode and we can meet up for a ride....
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    John,

with all the codes the spyders throw, you'd think that it would throw one for a bad purge valve, wouldn't you?

Spyder Garage

Default There may be Hope

This is unbelievable.

At 0730 this morning I got a ph call from.....wait for it......
    Yves Leduc, Vice President General Manager North America Division.

He was responding to a customer survey, "Share Your Story". He said he would make things right and he would be contacting Steve for follow ups.

Maybe we are making progress...
    Last edited by OWISE1; 10-18-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Illegitimi non Carborundum

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow with Black Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

GREAT news!
    Chuck,
    It can't throw a purge valve code if there's nothing speaking to the computers about it's operation.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdromaine View Post
    This is unbelievable.

At 0730 this morning I got a ph call from.....wait for it......
    Yves Leduc, Vice President General Manager North America Division.

He was responding to a customer survey, "Share Your Story".
    He said he would make things right and he would be contacting Steve for follow ups.

Maybe we are making progress...
    Can any of our canadien friends tell us what that means when it's said north of the border?
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons