Thread: Fault Codes

Spyder Garage

Default Fault Codes

My 2010 RTS SE5 has thrown a few codes that I can't find an answer too, I have booked in for a service next week however in the meantime can anybody explain?

Code P0000
    EBD Fault
    ABS Fault

It is also showing P 1614 which I believe is "Throttle idle position failure on throttle release"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

P0000 refers to the CLS (cluster) indication is no codes thrown after issue. In many cases you may have an issue and will find no code. It will be stored and you need BUDS to sort it out. P1614 is like you said. This could be a glitch and things will function normally on a restart. Hope the dealers can clear things for you.

Rattigan Roger has an app you can download to androids free with all the codes and possible solutions. I think it is WWW. opap/spydercodes.htm if not check past posts...good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The EBD Fault (Electronic Brake Distrubution) and the ABS Fault indicate some sort of brake system problem...or possibly that you are riding the brake pedal (touching it without applying brake pressure). It could also be a result of low brake fluid level, especially if it appeared while brakibg hard or on a steep hill (or both). Check the brake fluid level first. Even a tiny bit low seems to have bad effects on the alarm. If that is OK, have your dealer attach the Spyder to BUDS, to look at the occurred codes. You can only display currently active codes manually.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for the replies, the ABS & EBD fault appeared on start up after sitting for about three hours from being ridden. When I placed the bike in 1st gear in was shuddering as if the ABS was trying to brake even though I wasn't moving. I'm aware of riding the brake pedal which is something I have never done. The day before I topped up one side of the brake fluid reservoir with a very small amount as the inner plastic top was showing, prior to this everything was normal. One explanation I have had from a friend is, I live very close to the coast and their maybe some corrosion in the ABS wheel sensors from the salt air.

Anyway it's going to the service department tomorrow for a checkup, will let you know the outcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Spyder Garage

The shuddering is likely not related. Sounds like low rpm or a centrifugal clutch mechanism problem.

Check for dirt or debris in a wheel sensor, too much clearance to a sensor, a damaged sensor wheel, or a loose or wet sensor wiring connector. Also check for damaged wires.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Codes App

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    P0000 refers to the CLS (cluster) indication is no codes thrown after issue. In many cases you may have an issue and will find no code. It will be stored and you need BUDS to sort it out. P1614 is like you said. This could be a glitch and things will function normally on a restart. Hope the dealers can clear things for you.

Rattigan Roger has an app you can download to androids free with all the codes and possible solutions. I think it is WWW. opap/spydercodes.htm if not check past posts...good luck..!!
    Here is the tag to the Spyder codes app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pyderCodes.pgm

For God So Loved the world...

Started 2014 with a 2013 RT-S SE5. Wrecked it April 2019 with a 200lb hog! I am Blessed because if that was a two wheel motorcycle, DPS said without a shadow of a doubt I would have been dead! Thank you Can-Am! The issue I had with GIECO is they told me not to take anything off the Spyder when I brought it in to their claims center because they paid it out as a total. I just had ELKA put on all around and over $7,000 in Farkle that I am having to replace all that I could have taken off the '13. Bought a 2014 with only 3728 miles! Love it! My therapy!