Spyder Garage

Default FLOORBOARD OR PEG HOTFOOT ?

For those of us experiencing right hot foot: do you have floorboards or pegs? I was just wondering if maybe it's the floorboards making your foot hotter. Because I have an RT and I don't experience a lot of right foot heat but my wife as the passenger has experienced right calf heat. Most of my heat seems to be coming from the glovebox area. After a ride pop the seat and the backbone of the bike is very hot to the touch even sounds like the gas is boiling. Our rides have been all under two hours.

Spyder Garage

Default boards

i have the floorboards and find it very hot and today i ran into a member here with the boards and he said it doesn't really bother him. so who knows, my bike runs very hot
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I have both

I have both and I am not bothered by heat, I just move my foot to a different

Spyder Garage

I have ridden with both and there's not a lot of difference except with the boards, you can easily move your foot around to find a cooler spot.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

I have Seal Deluxe and lots of room to move my feet around. They got hot on the pegs.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...tra-insulation
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

I have Seal Pup Floorboards, Spyderpops Cat Shield, and SpyderKool passenger board plugs. The wife no longer complains about right foot/calf heat.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

As far as the gas tank goes the answer is here

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...tra-insulation
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment