Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Radio and a CB with Bluetooth Solution

I am a prospective buyer of a 2014 RT. One of my concerns for my long trips is the use of a CB. Currently I use the Sena SMH10 paired with my iPhone for Cell and music. I also pair the SMH10 with a SR10 and a portable CB for this option. I contacted SENA Support to check on the following possibility (as the CAN AM CB will not work with the blue tooth dongle in the Spyder - which is the Sena SM10).

"
    Hi,At this time the only solution to CB via bluetooth on a Can Am Spyder is to use the SR10 with the proper cord to portable CB being used. I use this on my motorcycle.Can the SR10 AND the SM10 on the Can Am (if equipped) be paired at the same time with the SMH10?Thanks
    Chuck"

Sena Response:
    "Hello Chuck,
    Yes, the SR10 and the SM10 can both be paired to the SMH10. You can pair the SMH10 to each device using the Standard Phone Pairing method.Standard Phone Pairing: Hold down the Phone button for 5 seconds until both red and blue LEDs starts to flash rapidly then let go of the Phone button. You will hear the headset say "Phone Pairing".
    Chris Woodyard
    Technical Support Engineer
    Sena Technologies Inc."

So there is a way to use a portable CB with Bluetooth and all the other Electronic Media from Can Am entertainment/GPS stack.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vidman View Post
    I am a prospective buyer of a 2014 RT. One of my concerns for my long trips is the use of a CB. Currently I use the Sena SMH10 paired with my iPhone for Cell and music. I also pair the SMH10 with a SR10 and a portable CB for this option. I contacted SENA Support to check on the following possibility (as the CAN AM CB will not work with the blue tooth dongle in the Spyder - which is the Sena SM10).

"
    Hi,At this time the only solution to CB via bluetooth on a Can Am Spyder is to use the SR10 with the proper cord to portable CB being used. I use this on my motorcycle.Can the SR10 AND the SM10 on the Can Am (if equipped) be paired at the same time with the SMH10?Thanks
    Chuck"

Sena Response:
    "Hello Chuck,
    Yes, the SR10 and the SM10 can both be paired to the SMH10. You can pair the SMH10 to each device using the Standard Phone Pairing method.Standard Phone Pairing: Hold down the Phone button for 5 seconds until both red and blue LEDs starts to flash rapidly then let go of the Phone button. You will hear the headset say "Phone Pairing".
    Chris Woodyard
    Sena Technologies Inc."

So there is a way to use a portable CB with Bluetooth and all the other Electronic Media from Can Am entertainment/GPS stack.
    I have the SMH10 on my helmet. I use the SR10 for my portable cb and also paired my smh to the bluetooth dongle. Not 100% ideal as you dont cant use the built in PTT button or squelch controls, but you are have everything else. I really have a hard time understanding what is so difficult about having full built-in bluetooth support inside the radio itself. The only reason it isn't done is they haven't wanted to do it yet.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Default Portable cb

Quote Originally Posted by Vidman View Post

"
    Chuck"

Sena Response:
    "Hello Chuck,
    Chris Woodyard
    Sena Technologies Inc."

What portable cb do you use. I am looking for one to use on my 2011 rt