Spyder Garage

Default I like this ,right on my brother, Vets will overcome.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But it's still an insult and a dang shame that this happened...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 10-10-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Clearly things, programs, and sites were picked and chosen to maximize aggravation and political leverage for some.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Clearly things, programs, and sites were picked and chosen to maximize aggravation and political leverage for some.

Clearly, the whole shut-down was engineered for "political leverage for some."

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default We have lost our country

The country that I knew as a child is no longer here. It has been lost.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fin View Post
    The country that I knew as a child is no longer here. It has been lost.
    The Country I bleed for is no longer here. It has been lost.
    I love my Country, I fear this Goverment/mob/???
    Oldmanzues

Spyder Garage

My dander is also up more than usual--but so far--I have not caused any thread to be shut down.

RE: Political Aggravation: Take Mt. Rushmore in S.D.--one of my favorite "sacred" national sites.

I was listening to a talk show the other evening on the way to class. In addition to closing the Mt. Rushmore monument to public access, they have went so far as to put cones at all the pulloffs where you could pull out and photograph Mt. Rushmore from the road--on the way to the actual monument. Heck! Why don't they just put blue tarps over all the monuments? The game playing is at a new level, and I so wonder what is happening to our country. I am sure that we have become the laughing stock of the entire world.

I will not forget the next time these people ask for my vote. TTBO!!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

: TTBO!!

Last edited by Bob Denman; 10-10-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    : TTBO!!

Thank you. I am a fan of Ray Stevens but was not aware of this song. Boy--it says everything about the subject. Way to go.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is a privately owned fishing pier on the Outer Banks. It's located in the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. The Park service ordered the owner to close his establishment forcing him to layoff eight employees. The Avon Pier juts out 600 feet in to the ocean. The parking lot and entrance are on private property but the pier house sits on park property. The Park is closed to visitors. This is the prime fall season for fishing.

I've seen news clips of people berating Park Rangers for enforcing the closures. You can't blame the Rangers. They're doing what they've been told to do, without pay. Guy I graduated high school with works for the Federal Governmant. He was furloughed but was told to come in to work w/o pay. He told them to piss off.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    There is a privately owned fishing pier on the Outer Banks. It's located in the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. The Park service ordered the owner to close his establishment forcing him to layoff eight employees. The Avon Pier juts out 600 feet in to the ocean. The parking lot and entrance are on private property but the pier house sits on park property. The Park is closed to visitors. This is the prime fall season for fishing.

I've seen news clips of people berating Park Rangers for enforcing the closures. You can't blame the Rangers. They're doing what they've been told to do, without pay. Guy I graduated high school with works for the Federal Governmant. He was furloughed but was told to come in to work w/o pay. He told them to piss off.
    There are lots of these horror stories from all over the country. My favorite in Alaska is they are trying to keep fishing boats out of Federal waters. They are also trying to delay the King Crab season--supposed to start Oct 15th. What are the guys on Deadliest Catch going to do now?

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Adding another insult...

To this fiasco.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
    Caveats: NONE

JPAC Admits To Phony Ceremonies Honoring 'Returning' Remains
    Stars and Stripes
    October 10, 2013

The Department of Defense unit charged with recovering servicemembers' remains abroad has been holding phony "arrival ceremonies" for seven years, with an honor guard carrying flag-draped coffins off of a cargo plane as though they held the remains returning that day from old battlefields. The Pentagon acknowledged Wednesday that no honored dead were in fact arriving, and that the planes used in the ceremonies often couldn't even fly, and were towed into position. The story was first reported on nbcnews.com.

The ceremonies at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in Hawaii are held up as a sign of the nation's commitment to its fallen warriors. They have been attended by veterans and families of MIAs, led to believe that they were witnessing the return of Americans killed in World War II, Vietnam and Korea.

In a statement sent to NBC News, the Pentagon wrote:

"Part of the ceremony involves symbolically transferring the recovered remains from an aircraft to a vehicle for follow-on transportation to the lab. Many times, static aircraft are used for the ceremonies, as operational requirements dictate flight schedules and aircraft availability. This transfer symbolizes the arrival of our fallen servicemembers.

"It is important to note that recovered remains ceremoniously transferred from the aircraft to the [bus] have been in the lab undergoing forensic analysis to determine identity. When remains first arrive in Hawaii, JPAC cannot confirm if the remains are those of an American servicemember."

NBC writes that the ceremonies have been known among some of the military and civilian staff at the base as The Big Lie.

Read the Stars and Stripes article at http://www.stripes.com/jpac-admits-t...mains-1.246322

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Let's take a different tack

I agree, let's throw the bums out. But, if/when we do, we won't be any better off than we are today.

We are where we are because of gerrymandered congressional districts and when we TTBO, we'll just elect a new set of bums who will need to be thrown out next time.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I believe this country needs statesmen/women in the halls of congress, not the ideologues "representing" us now.

Regards,

Dan

Spyder Garage

Last night on NBC News--their poll said that 60% of Americans want to TTBO.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Dancote you're right. Been a federal employee since 06, last 3 years I've had all 5s in my evals this year they not only sent us home 5 unpaid days before the shutdown, they took my bonus. All cause a whole other dept was rightfully investigating 501c4s. Overturn Citizens United and maybe we stand a chance but until then we no longer matter.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    To this fiasco.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
    Caveats: NONE

JPAC Admits To Phony Ceremonies Honoring 'Returning' Remains
    Stars and Stripes
    October 10, 2013

The Department of Defense unit charged with recovering servicemembers' remains abroad has been holding phony "arrival ceremonies" for seven years, with an honor guard carrying flag-draped coffins off of a cargo plane as though they held the remains returning that day from old battlefields. The Pentagon acknowledged Wednesday that no honored dead were in fact arriving, and that the planes used in the ceremonies often couldn't even fly, and were towed into position. The story was first reported on nbcnews.com.

The ceremonies at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in Hawaii are held up as a sign of the nation's commitment to its fallen warriors. They have been attended by veterans and families of MIAs, led to believe that they were witnessing the return of Americans killed in World War II, Vietnam and Korea.

In a statement sent to NBC News, the Pentagon wrote:

"Part of the ceremony involves symbolically transferring the recovered remains from an aircraft to a vehicle for follow-on transportation to the lab. Many times, static aircraft are used for the ceremonies, as operational requirements dictate flight schedules and aircraft availability. This transfer symbolizes the arrival of our fallen servicemembers.

"It is important to note that recovered remains ceremoniously transferred from the aircraft to the [bus] have been in the lab undergoing forensic analysis to determine identity. When remains first arrive in Hawaii, JPAC cannot confirm if the remains are those of an American servicemember."

NBC writes that the ceremonies have been known among some of the military and civilian staff at the base as The Big Lie.

Read the Stars and Stripes article at http://www.stripes.com/jpac-admits-t...mains-1.246322
    I had not seen this before. Thank you for posting