Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Wow, like I said, you must be in a much larger area than me. I can't see them ever doing that here.
    I was referring to car dealers, not Spyder dealers. You surely have a Ford or Lincoln dealer in your area. They provide loaners. Its corporate policy and included with Lincolns, extra cost option on Ford (its called first day rental coverage). But ALL dealers have to provide. I know Lexus and several other companies do the same.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Just submitted my survey. I would hope that BRP takes the responses seriously and can come up with solutions quickly. I've submitted surveys in the past where you never see anything change. The real key is what will BRP do with the information and how quickly can BRP provide solutions based on what they've read. Talk is cheap. I think BRP will really gain some credibility with users who are seeing problems if they act and fix the issues.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

Hi Steve

My UK phone number does not lend itself to xxx-xxx-xxxx but I faked it!

You won't be able to call me on the number I posted but I had to put some darn thing in your standardized box before my entry form would send.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarPlayer View Post
    Just submitted my survey. I would hope that BRP takes the responses seriously and can come up with solutions quickly. I've submitted surveys in the past where you never see anything change. The real key is what will BRP do with the information and how quickly can BRP provide solutions based on what they've read. Talk is cheap. I think BRP will really gain some credibility with users who are seeing problems if they act and fix the issues.

Tony
    I think you will eventually see some credible 'fixes' for the current issues. The original Spyders had some serious issues (including mine). It took awhile but BRP got them fixed. A good fix takes time. Quick fixes usually have unintended, negative consequences.

My feeling is, BRP is taking this survey to better quantify the good and the bad so that they can work to improve both.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default serious thought

how many of us that are having problems would trade in their bikes for the new bikes if we were offered a nice incentive from BRP. i understand this would be a big loss for the company, but if they understand that some bikes are having really bad heat issues along with ball joints, hemi links, front shocks, boiling gas, bad smell of gas, fires, melted master cylinders and melted canister's, etc...and the people that own them like me, are really upset with their bikes and have spent money and time trying to make our bikes right, would make the deal if offered from BRP.

I FOR ONE WILL DO IT. WHO ELSE WOULD.

just a thought
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarPlayer View Post

Tony
    Look how we got the '14 RT with the bigger engine, etc, etc. If the new RT turns out as good as it appears to be, BRP must have taken our previous requests seriously.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Done

Spyder Garage

Survey submitted. Thanks for the opportunity!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default ron

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I think you will eventually see some credible 'fixes' for the current issues. The original Spyders had some serious issues (including mine). It took awhile but BRP got them fixed. A good fix takes time. Quick fixes usually have unintended, negative consequences.

My feeling is, BRP is taking this survey to better quantify the good and the bad so that they can work to improve both.
    ron i sure hope you are right, my bike is going in on tuesday for a complete work up to see what my heat is so high, i really don't see a fix for the bike it could be something with the cooling system but engines do produce heat, saying that i just think it is a design fault and to rework the entire bike to stop heat from melting parts and your right foot will just cost them too much to take care of
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sent my story in to, lets hope for the best?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure that much of this is down to poor quality components that BRP outsource.

I hope their aircraft aren't subject to the same variance in overall reliability and
    parts quality!

Spyder Garage

Default oj

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    I'm sure that much of this is down to poor quality components that BRP outsource.

I hope their aircraft aren't subject to the same variance in overall reliability and
    parts quality!
    i really don't think it's parts quality i think it is a design problem. you have a engine that is enshrouded in plastic and heat builds up. as far as ball joints and shocks you get what you pay for and i think they have learned that lesson already
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    Look how we got the '14 RT with the bigger engine, etc, etc. If the new RT turns out as good as it appears to be, BRP must have taken our previous requests seriously.
    I agree with you, the 2014 RT fixes many of the issues from the previous years (of course, who knows what new issues will appear ). However, the 2014 RT does not help the 2013 RT owners who have the problems. All of these problems have soured many people on the 2013 RTs and STs and I think that it'll be difficult to sell our 2013's without taking a huge financial hit and with the depreciation, most of us can't afford to purchase a 2014, or at least I can't. Except for the recall, which does not solve the heat issues some people are having, BRP has been pretty silent in regards to the 2013 RT and ST heat problems.

BRP was very responsive in fixing the ball joint issue so we know that they can solve a problem quickly. I don't know maybe the heat issue is a tougher problem to solve. They have had 4 or 5 months to look at the issue. You'd think they could provide some solutions by now.

Now I like my RT. I have some heat issues but they don't prevent me from riding. I sympathize with those owners who can't or are afraid to ride because of the heat issues. I've put on over 9600 miles since April and have enjoyed every minute.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what BRP does.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

If BRP wants to make the 2013 owners happy they should be sending out ceramic coated headers to be installed on them. That ..and only that..will solve the heat issues along with a cat cover to keep the gas from boiling. Will they do it, it ain;'t cheap, but it is what Corvettes and racers have done to keep the headers cooler and in turn the engine bay and all the plastic and rubber inside it. Ain't gonna happen is it?
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Steve and I 'm sure this is what most of our owners been waiting for.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

I think some of us may be missing the whole point of this effort by Steve and BRP. They are looking for ALL owner experiences. Like any good manufacturer, they want to know what you like about their product as much as they do about what you don't like.

They are trying to make the good BETTER and the bad go away.

That means they need to hear about both the good experiences as well as the less than ideal.

Not trying to speak for Steve or BRP, but by all means, if you've had a great, trouble free experience with your Spyder, let them know about it! I think there are a lot more of you than might appear by reading this (or any other) forum.
    I agree ron. I'm sure there are many more good exp.. I'd like to see them concentrate on the bad ones
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

I do wish to commend Steve at BRP for posting the survey to get current opinion from those on the SpyderLovers website.

I am sure that the survey will give them data they might have not received previously.

Regarding my situation--I consider myself very fortunate. Have been with the product since day one, have owned 4 consecutive year models, two variations of the , both flavors of transmissions, and driven over 90,000 miles in 7 years so far. I cannot complain about any major mechanical problems, have had a great dealer to work with, and they have taken care of all the issues that cropped up over my time of ownership.

That said, as a consumer advocate type, I did mention high accessory prices, and seemingly slow to react times when it came to issues that owners have experienced on the 2013's. I commended them on the new 2014 RT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Sent my Lovey Dovey story in.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    If BRP wants to make the 2013 owners happy they should be sending out ceramic coated headers to be installed on them. That ..and only that..will solve the heat issues along with a cat cover to keep the gas from boiling. Will they do it, it ain;'t cheap, but it is what Corvettes and racers have done to keep the headers cooler and in turn the engine bay and all the plastic and rubber inside it. Ain't gonna happen is it?
    What do you think?I think not.
    2012 RT-S SE5 with Web Boards, custom graphics and battery tender leads

Spyder Garage

Default price

once again it comes down to money. the headers would be to expensive to do the bikes with labor involved also just my thought
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Share your story with BRP

I sent my story in. Although I had a melted master cylinder and evaporator canister, I've never had the hot foot problem. I did put the Baker Air Wings on at 400 miles and I'm at 8000 miles, now. That may have had something to do with it. I'm a satisfied customer.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I sure would like to know what BRP gets out of these "reports from the field"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    Thanks, Steve.

Just be aware that some of the "horror" stories you'll receive are the fault of unsatisfactory dealers rather than BRP. I think BRP could improve the perception of Spyders if dealers were required to have BRP certified technicians. You might also do as Ford and other auto manufacturers do. That is send a survey out every time a Spyder is serviced by a dealer. That way BRP would find out pretty quickly which dealers should no longer be servicing Spyders.
    with you specially the last sentence.
    I did have a bad experience with a
    dealer ( Land Air in Essex, Vermont ) in Vermont. Lucky all the work that was done was covered by Warranty. Last year I bought a 2012 RT-S SE5. Deanna777
    Last edited by Deanna777; 10-10-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I sure would like to know what BRP gets out of these "reports from the field"...
    A BIGGER HEADACHE
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME