Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I think this is the most positive thing that I've seen from BRP. To recognize that gathering places like this are a wealth of information is outstanding.

Told my story...

Thanks BRP

JT

Spyder Garage

Mine sent, I gave them my 3cents worth.
    Thanks BRP
    Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I sure would like to know what BRP gets out of these "reports from the field"...
    It was a "Feel Good" to tell my story to BRP......
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I have not sent mine in, just found this thread. Maybe later.
    Short version
    2008 GS/rs no real problems, one recall, fix with no problem about 16K
    2010 RT 22K (slowing down due to being 78 years old), Some recalls, all taken care of just fine. Old "breakdown" problem was a lose battery conection at my house.
    Survey after each service could turn into a nightmare, But, a newcomers survey ( I may have had one, but do not remember) would be nice. Dealer set up seems to ba major problem. I have had doings with three dealers, no problems other then waiting for parts.
    Quaility control for some batches of Spyders at factory ????
    Oldmanzues
    Spyder lover
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

2012 rss with very little problems. a little vibration at first, but they put two new tires on the spyder and it went away. mostly a very positive experience. gave brp a little flack for those of you that are having serious issues. they've heard my story!

Spyder Garage

Default Sent mine in

Told them all the good...and the very imprtant (to me) good.
    Told them about the dealer that charged me for a 600 mile service but did't change the oil.

told them I very happy
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback to BRP.
    2012 CanAm Spyder RT-S SE5
    SENA SMH5 Bluetooth Headsets
    Diamond R Armrest, Passenger Tour Mug, Driver Tour Mug
    Opitma Driver-Backrest
    Seal Deluxe Floorboards
    RIVCO-Trunk Mounted Flag Holders
    Ram Ball GPS Mount
    AST3 Ultimate Towing Trailer

8th Air Force
    96th BG, 413th BSq

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    I think this is the most positive thing that I've seen from BRP. To recognize that gathering places like this are a wealth of information is outstanding.

Told my story...

Thanks BRP

JT
    I did the same. I like to see if BRP responds.

Mike

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarPlayer View Post
    I agree with you, the 2014 RT fixes many of the issues from the previous years (of course, who knows what new issues will appear ). However, the 2014 RT does not help the 2013 RT owners who have the problems. All of these problems have soured many people on the 2013 RTs and STs and I think that it'll be difficult to sell our 2013's without taking a huge financial hit and with the depreciation, most of us can't afford to purchase a 2014, or at least I can't. Except for the recall, which does not solve the heat issues some people are having, BRP has been pretty silent in regards to the 2013 RT and ST heat problems.

BRP was very responsive in fixing the ball joint issue so we know that they can solve a problem quickly. I don't know maybe the heat issue is a tougher problem to solve. They have had 4 or 5 months to look at the issue. You'd think they could provide some solutions by now.

Now I like my RT. I have some heat issues but they don't prevent me from riding. I sympathize with those owners who can't or are afraid to ride because of the heat issues. I've put on over 9600 miles since April and have enjoyed every minute.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what BRP does.

Tony
    and said so in my response. The issues with the '13's will be keeping me from buying another Spyder if they carry over to the '14. I feel sorry for the '13 owners and am so glad that fortune had it I got a big insurance check and moved my plans on upgrading a year earlier

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    ron i sure hope you are right, my bike is going in on tuesday for a complete work up to see what my heat is so high, i really don't see a fix for the bike it could be something with the cooling system but engines do produce heat, saying that i just think it is a design fault and to rework the entire bike to stop heat from melting parts and your right foot will just cost them too much to take care of
    Like everyone else, I very much sympathize with all those having issues, especially the 2013's. But we all know how far sympathy will get you. And that's why we're all looking to BRP for a little help.

I know it's easy to be negative when things are not going well. But BRP has stepped up to the plate in the past and it appears that they are doing that again. I know it's slow, but it appears that BRP is working on solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i really don't think it's parts quality i think it is a design problem. you have a engine that is enshrouded in plastic and heat builds up. as far as ball joints and shocks you get what you pay for and i think they have learned that lesson already
    Some of the problems were definitely supplied parts quality issues. Those are the most easily fixed and I believe these have all been addressed or at least acknowledged. But I am not convinced that the severe heat issues are the result of an inherent design flaw. If this were true, these heat issues would be universal.

So, why are some having such severe and persistent heat problems while many are not?

My feeling, for what it is worth, is it may well be and overly lean condition. EPA is always tightening the screws on manufacturers to attain ever more stringent emissions. I assume that BRP is running the Spyder as lean as they dare. Just a little variance to the lean side here can cause a lot of heat in the engine, which can greatly increase exhaust temperatures, which in turn can give you a red hot catalytic converter.

If this is true, adding shields and insulation is like putting a band aid on a tumor. It will help for awhile but it won't solve the problem.

Now BRP is much smarter than I, so I'd have to assume that they know this. And it may be I am completely off base with my speculation.

Bottom line, we'll just have to wait and see. Seeing is the easy part, it's the waiting that hurts.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    If BRP wants to make the 2013 owners happy they should be sending out ceramic coated headers to be installed on them. That ..and only that..will solve the heat issues along with a cat cover to keep the gas from boiling. Will they do it, it ain;'t cheap, but it is what Corvettes and racers have done to keep the headers cooler and in turn the engine bay and all the plastic and rubber inside it. Ain't gonna happen is it?
    Simpler solution, take the cat off and replace it with the cat by pass for $450, it will reduce the heat tremendously, and makes the bike lighter, run better and you can do it , and do not have to wait to see if brp will fix it? But brp should definately give the 2013 RTand ST owners the new side cooling vents that they put on the 2014 models, they know this will reduce the heat, this would be a really cheap fix for brp and they should do it !!!

Spyder Garage

Default Had 2 suggestions

We have had a great experience with our 2012 RT Limited! After relating this to Steve I commented on the short life of the rear tire and observations of others on here about tread plys impact on tire life. Also related personal experience of improved performance after laser alignment and suggested all dealers adopt this style of alignment, parallel track based, not frame based.
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

My story is that although I'm not an official ambassador for BRP, I would bet money that all the times I've stopped and talked to people about this wonderful machine has led to sales of the same.

Chris
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 10-11-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default cat converter

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxman View Post
    Simpler solution, take the cat off and replace it with the cat by pass for $450, it will reduce the heat tremendously, and makes the bike lighter, run better and you can do it , and do not have to wait to see if brp will fix it? But brp should definately give the 2013 RTand ST owners the new side cooling vents that they put on the 2014 models, they know this will reduce the heat, this would be a really cheap fix for brp and they should do it !!!
    if you remove the cat converter won't that void the warranty and as far as the side vents i ordered the upper and lower vents from veritks trikes the day b4 this post came out and between the vents and the paint it cost me 1500 plus to try and help the heat problem
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Done

Sent mine in. My experience has been mostly positive. Have a great dealer in Renegade Sports here in Logan Utah. Cheers and ride safe

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone,

We've gotten some incredible, very useful feedback from you in a just a couple of days. We'll be going through all of these shortly - and they will all be read.

We have all the stories we need (and more!), but if anyone else wants to share we'll continue to accept submissions for a little while longer.

Due to the sheer volume of folks who've replied, I can't promise that everyone who agreed to be contacted by BRP will necessarily get a call-back, but we will definitely try to get back in touch with as many of you as possible. This should occur over the next few weeks.

Y'all are awesome.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Y'all

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi everyone,

We've gotten some incredible, very useful feedback from you in a just a couple of days. We'll be going through all of these shortly - and they will all be read.

We have all the stories we need (and more!), but if anyone else wants to share we'll continue to accept submissions for a little while longer.

Due to the sheer volume of folks who've replied, I can't promise that everyone who agreed to be contacted by BRP will necessarily get a call-back, but we will definitely try to get back in touch with as many of you as possible. This should occur over the next few weeks.

Y'all are awesome.
    Y'all? Steve, you must be from Southern Canada!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone,

Y'all are awesome.

Thank you so much for the opportunity, Steve!

2015 F3-S SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic
    12V Power Outlet
    Battery Tender Pigtail
    Blue Ridge Windshield

Spyder Garage

I shared my story while on the road. I am one happy camper already and be even happier next week.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone,

Y'all are awesome.
    Wow . . . go on a trip and you miss a lot! Sent my story, just now, and wanted to thank BRP for asking the question. I love my Spyder, and plan to put plenty of miles on it! Thanks, BRP.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder Smyles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Story submitted and pictures sent. Look forward to hearing from you.
    CURRENT: 2015 Yellow RT-S SE6 "Smiling All the Way"
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

PAST: 2013 Yellow RT-S SE5 - Loaded with lots of goodies.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Steve,
    Thanks!
    Hoping for a call; but take care of the folks with ongoing troubles first!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    Thanks, Steve.

Just be aware that some of the "horror" stories you'll receive are the fault of unsatisfactory dealers rather than BRP. I think BRP could improve the perception of Spyders if dealers were required to have BRP certified technicians. You might also do as Ford and other auto manufacturers do. That is send a survey out every time a Spyder is serviced by a dealer. That way BRP would find out pretty quickly which dealers should no longer be servicing Spyders.

bad dealers are BAD dealers...

Spyder Garage

Default RIGHT ON

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Picture of Steve just before he posted this thread....

THAT MADE ME LAUGH, good job bajaron

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    What BRP Steve does when he wants to relax...