Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

How can they tie the poster's user name to their real name (in most cases) and to a specific Spyder?

Spyder Garage

Default Can you spell...

Paranoia?
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    I work at an auto dealership,and the manager had the manufacturer deny a warranty claim on a car that was under warranty...He was on a forum and had videos of him racing at the track..He was wanting us to warranty his transmission that went out...The thing is,if he would have come in and been reasonable from the start,nobody would have said anything..But,he came in demanding and got into it with the manager...The manager went to the forum,found him and printed it out...The difference here is,everybody here maintains their machine and doesn't abuse it..If you do abuse,don't brag about it here!

Very good point, I think people here are doing things to make their ride a little better w/ aftermarket parts to make the ride more comfortable, or a little quicker without pushing limits.

At least that is how it seems.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    How can they tie the poster's user name to their real name (in most cases) and to a specific Spyder?

I don't have a Spyder, I fly a doghouse.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    John,
    Have you noticed any yellow & black helicopters circling your neighborhood?
    I think he should watch for black SUV's pulling a trailer of Seadoo's going by his house all the time!
    Helicopters? That I doubt!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I had a physiatrist once tell me I was paranoid, well in didn't exactly say it, but I knew that's what he was thinking....

I know this post was some what tongue and cheek but I don't think BRP as the time to work out who's who on these boards. If they can work out who I really I'm they're welcome to blacklist me.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Default fire

i am not worried about the bike burning up on me when i am on it, i have enough asbestos in my from working in construction for so many years i am fireproof
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I work at an auto dealership,and the manager had the manufacturer deny a warranty claim on a car that was under warranty...He was on a forum and had videos of him racing at the track..He was wanting us to warranty his transmission that went out...The thing is,if he would have come in and been reasonable from the start,nobody would have said anything..But,he came in demanding and got into it with the manager...The manager went to the forum,found him and printed it out...The difference here is,everybody here maintains their machine and doesn't abuse it..If you do abuse,don't brag about it here!
    Without a doubt;
    NEVER post anything that's going to give them the proof that your warranty SHOULDN'T be honored...
    But this should be obvious!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i am not worried about the bike burning up on me when i am on it, i have enough asbestos in my from working in construction for so many years i am fireproof

Spyder Garage

Yep and don't list any wild warranty altering add on's in your signiture.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

The only black list that i know of is, ''If'' the dealer gos and%%^$#@&*(((((((#@@!@
    but that is the only one i know of...

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taxmyzer View Post
    Does anyone know if BRP is using this site to black ball anyone that mentions anything negative? I usually wouldn't think this way but you never know. Could they use it to deny repairs? Why would dealer need to call in order to get pre-clearance on what should be a warranty repair. Why even give a warranty if you might not cover a particular repair. How is this supposed to instill confidence?
    First off...let me say...when your Spyder is brand new and has problems and every time you ride it another problem surfaces...you begin to go crazy.....I'm certifiable....

1.The dealer cannot repair a warranty item without permission from BRP
    2. The dealers have a network that they use to ask other dealers and BRP how to repair something...if others are seeing the same problems etc...
    3. Do you have a case #? If not you need to get one.
    4. Please try to find a happy place until BRP sorts out all these problems....trust me I know this one will be difficult ...I have been to a very dark place...at the moment I'm OK....I do believe BRP really wants to make the 2013's right...but not sure how

hope this helps....cause all you want is your new 2013 Spyder to work right....everytime
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 10-04-2013 at 08:05 AM.

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

i am some what of a devious person and i think you might be right, but if they were really doing it than my bike would blow up with me on it for the e mails i have sent them and what i have said on here, HEY!!!! come to think of it this might be the reason i didn't get the parts for my heat fix yet lol
    You know that occasional screen flickering you get on your computer..........................................

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default bike problems

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    First off...let me say...when your Spyder is brand new and has problems and every time you ride it another problem surfaces...you begin to go crazy.....I'm certifiable....

1.The dealer cannot repair a warranty item without permission from BRP
    2. The dealers have a network that they use to ask other dealers and BRP how to repair something...if others are seeing the same problems etc...
    3. Do you have a case #? If not you need to get one.
    4. Please try to find a happy place until BRP sorts out all these problems....trust me I know this one will be difficult ...I have been to a very dark place...at the moment I'm OK....I do believe BRP really wants to make the 2013's right...but not sure how

hope this helps....cause all you want is your new 2013 Spyder to work right....everytime
    do you really feel BRP will find a fix where they won't have to put a lot of money into our bikes, i don't to me honest with you. i feel the only fix is to re work the whole cooling system that will not be cost effective to them. we now see on the 14's all of the changes they did to fix this problem. i am sure with a couple of fans located in the right places would work but do we have the power to do this. now in my last post http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...d-of-expencive the floorboards would block some of the heat, i think, but the expence is there and how many people can afford to do it.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default roger

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Here are my mods and enhancements to my 2010 RT.
    I can't imagine any of this impacting my warranty

Replaced the original XPS synthetic with Mazola. Spyder runs hotter but exhaust smells like fries and that's a good thing

I never changed the filters, I did wipe out the cover on the transmission cover once.

Removed the radiator and oil cooler.
    Both weigh roughly what I've gained since I bought the Spyder so it's a zero sum thing

Changed the leaky stock shocks to two that I found in a dumpster behind the Sunoco station, they sorta fit

Was going to change the plugs to those iridium ones but I found a deal at Lowes on a couple of plugs I found in their leaf vac department.

Was going to have the laser alignment done but the service guy said I would have to replace the bent wheel first Picky Picky Picky

I did have SpyderPops put on the bottom shield, now when I jump the ditch iin the pastuer while rounding up the alpacas t doesn't make that cracking noise as much
    YOU THE MAN
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

we are from ny so we think alike i feel bad for you if you think like me
    I'm from NY, Well actually Brooklyn, And nobody thinks like me... And my friends say thats a good thing...
    Besides too much thinking isn't a good thing, You tend to get headaches and hear voices...

Spyder Garage

Default voices

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    I'm from NY, Well actually Brooklyn, And nobody thinks like me... And my friends say thats a good thing...
    Besides too much thinking isn't a good thing, You tend to get headaches and hear voices...
    the only voices i hear are my ex's but i don't pay attention to them. and i love role n roast in brooklyn
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's probably better to hear your ex-wife's voice; than your ex-wife's LAWYER'S voice...

Spyder Garage

Ohsnap!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Here are my mods and enhancements to my 2010 RT.
    I can't imagine any of this impacting my warranty

Replaced the original XPS synthetic with Mazola. Spyder runs hotter but exhaust smells like fries and that's a good thing

I never changed the filters, I did wipe out the cover on the transmission cover once.

Removed the radiator and oil cooler.
    Both weigh roughly what I've gained since I bought the Spyder so it's a zero sum thing

Changed the leaky stock shocks to two that I found in a dumpster behind the Sunoco station, they sorta fit

Was going to change the plugs to those iridium ones but I found a deal at Lowes on a couple of plugs I found in their leaf vac department.

Was going to have the laser alignment done but the service guy said I would have to replace the bent wheel first :Picky Picky Picky

I did have SpyderPops put on the bottom shield, now when I jump the ditch in the pasture while rounding up the alpacas it doesn't make that annoying cracking noise as much.
    Those are some really good mods. I promise I wont tell anyone.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

the only voices i hear are my ex's but i don't pay attention to them. and i love role n roast in brooklyn
    3 things i miss about Brooklyn...
    1] When it was a family Bough...
    2] Rheingold.......
    3]Ebbets Field....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks, I lived 3 blocks from the brewery, And one of the schools that went to, Had the Rheingold brewery on one side, And on other side was the Schuitz brewery....[The beer that made Milwaukee famous]

Spyder Garage

Ballantine Beer.....with Mel allen and the yanks....

Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons