Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gmoney71 View Post
    I bought a used kit, it appears to have everything that is pictured in the first photo BUT two plastic housings in the photo

I just wanted to be sure that these two items are supposed to be in the kit before I go back to the guy I purchased the kit from.

I did not have the install instuctions either but I was going to follow this thread to install them

Here is a crop of the missing housing items from my kit:

You need those to install the rest of the kit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gmoney71 View Post
    I bought a used kit, it appears to have everything that is pictured in the first photo BUT two plastic housings in the photo

I just wanted to be sure that these two items are supposed to be in the kit before I go back to the guy I purchased the kit from.

I did not have the install instuctions either but I was going to follow this thread to install them

Here is a crop of the missing housing items from my kit:

Yes, you need the new plastic housings. They fit around the fog lights. The stock ones don't
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the quick responses.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Followed the Lamonster directions and now I have foglights...WOOHOO

Great directions made the job quick and painless.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Followed the Lamonster directions and now I have foglights...WOOHOO

Great directions made the job quick and painless.

And 2 left-over bolts.......now to find where they came from. This could take a while

DUUUHHH, I feel stupid. One bolt on each side at the aft end of the panel that holds the fog light bezel.
    Last edited by dave01; 06-22-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default HELP With Fog Lights

Just installed HID foglights and getting some really weird things happening. Engine shuts off when I turn on fog lites ! I think I have narrowed it down to the BRP switch that came with the kit. Has anyone else had this problem? My service manual doesnt have the wiring diagram for the new harness - I am thinking I either have a bad switch or the harness is wired wrong? Anyway I can get the light in the switch to come on when I ground blue wire w/red wire being hot but any other combo I get nothing. Any ides from the electrical gurus out there?

Spyder Garage

Anything else happening when the engine shuts off like the display going dead or scrolling an error message? Not owning or even helping to hook up a set of fog lights, I'm only guessing at what might be wrong. All I can figure is that something in that fog light harness got tied into something it wasn't supposed to as the headlights and fog lights are fused (and wired) separately from things that would control the engine.
    Last edited by bjt; 08-22-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

This Caveman would get it all back together, only to find out I didn't plug in one of the cables. Than I'd have to break it all down again after pulling my hair out and finding the tools, that got tossed out into the yard.
    Last edited by PCBeachBum; 12-02-2009 at 05:07 AM.

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought a used 2009 SE5 Spyder with fog lights already on it. They worked when I purchased it,but now it blows the 10 amp fuse the second I press the fog light switch. I took off the panel under the switch,wiggled wires,and traced them to a square box in series with the switch and fog light.Anyone know what this is? I read here earlier to put in a 20 amp fuse?..

Spyder Garage

I know that this starts off talking about install on a RS.
    I still have a question about aiming fog lights on a 2010 RT - last weekend while installing the hand brake I looked at the foglight and pulled the cover that is over the connector to the bulb, and I could not see any way to adjust the aim on the fog lights on the RT.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    My right fog light is aimed too high.
    BTW - I had the dealer install my fog lights - was charged an hour and a half labor.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default HELP!!! BRP Foglights on Miss Daisy...but

Well, had the day off and went thru the exercise. HOWEVER, have all back together and NO HEADLIGHTS OR FOG LIGHTS.

Suggestions? I already pulled the 30A Maxi Fuse and replaced it on suspicion.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

makes me want to run out buy the fog light kit and get down and dirty !!!! But looking at the suggestion sorta you would get the HID kid you have to make install easier correct ? I am like you winter time means playtime and tearing stuff apart to make it better or different !

Spyder Garage

Well, took the plunge and got a set of BRP fog lights. With the help of Lamonts how-to instructions the install went pretty good. Only took about 3 1/2 hours. Had a few trial and errors and words with getting both lights to come on but all went pretty good. Saved 249.00 by installing ourselves.. Next mod..HID's

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Minor correction to Lamont's excellent procedure. "Drill a 17/32" hole real close to 7/16" ". 17/32" is actually just a 32nd over 1/2". Not a common bit size so I used a 1/2" and 'reamed' just a tad.

Now off to study schematics and see where I lost power for the headlamps etc.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    Minor correction to Lamont's excellent procedure. "Drill a 17/32" hole real close to 7/16" ". 17/32" is actually just a 32nd over 1/2". Not a common bit size so I used a 1/2" and 'reamed' just a tad.

Now off to study schematics and see where I lost power for the headlamps etc.
    it only took 3 years for someone to catch that.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Fog Lights Install Lamonster Style

Here it is June 21, 2013 and I just finished my install of the fog lights on my 2008 Syder RS. I found your pictures and instructions extremely helpfull. I also used the BRP instructions. It took some time, but you save some money. While I had everything apart I put in HID lighting in the fog lights with an aftermarket kit. Thank you so much for having these do it yourself threads

Spyder Garage

Bought a set but have no switch. Any idea how to wire to headlights or another switch to use ??? Wife is already on my ass to get it done.
    Keep your wheels down and your head up
    Be safe and ride hard
    2021 F3L , Black (for now)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodrich13 View Post
    Bought a set but have no switch. Any idea how to wire to headlights or another switch to use ??? Wife is already on my ass to get it done.
    Hi and welcome to spyderlovers, this thread was started a long time ago so it might serve you better to post a new thread. Be sure to include the year and model of your Spyder so people will know how to help you. Maybe include information on what lights you bought-who is the manufacturer.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622