Spyder Garage

Default Installer for GT stripes kit from PowerSportsWraps?

I bought a GT Racing stripes kit from PowerSportsWraps and rather than being a precut kit for the various areas, its a length of stripe material that needs to be fit and cut when installed. This is way beyond my ability to handle. Anyone have ideas for where I could get these installed in the Houston area? I have spoken to my favorite window tint shop that has done a number of cars and clear bra installs for me but they will not do striping. Contacted two auto wrap companies and they both said they will make stripes but will not install them, only full vehicle wraps. Called 2 body shops that had no idea.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I bought a GT Racing stripes kit from PowerSportsWraps and rather than being a precut kit for the various areas, its a length of stripe material that needs to be fit and cut when installed. This is way beyond my ability to handle. Anyone have ideas for where I could get these installed in the Houston area? I have spoken to my favorite window tint shop that has done a number of cars and clear bra installs for me but they will not do striping. Contacted two auto wrap companies and they both said they will make stripes but will not install them, only full vehicle wraps. Called 2 body shops that had no idea.
    You have to be pacient, but the installation is not that hard. Plus PowerSportsWraps has videos on YouTube explaining how to install them.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    You have to be pacient, but the installation is not that hard. Plus PowerSportsWraps has videos on YouTube explaining how to install them.
    Yes, Pete sent me links just now to the videos. I will watch them in detail this evening and think again about DIY. Perhaps I am making this out worse than it really is. Will report back.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Jcthorne, I installed the GT stripes and they weren't that hard except the front lower fairing. If need help let me know maybe could look at it this weekend. I live south of Houston in Rosharon off 288.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

Well, I watched the videos. Several times and decided to give it a try. Did not go well at all. The vinyl screeches when being pulled to go around body contour and once screeched and that section is put down the surface is mottled and crinkled. No doubt someone that knows what they are doing would have done this in an hour or so. I did finally get the rear trunk done of sorts except in the void where many install a high mount stop light. Decided to order the light and cover that problem. It looked pretty good otherwise. Then moved on to the front trunk. Tried the left side as shown in the video 3 times using up all the strip material sent. Each one I was able to get the top done and over the body contour but then proceeding lower each time managed to pull just a bit too hard and screeched the film and then once that area is down is looks awful not to mention the curvy edge. Never got to the point of turning the corner and going down the front which I never would have gotten pulled straight because of the angle of the nose.

I did contact each of the suggested vendors sent me. One would not call me back or reply to email. The others all told me the same thing. They do only full vehicle wraps, will not install films purchased elsewhere, do not do racing stripes nor work on motorcycles.

Guess I go out and pull the stripes from the rear trunk as that is all I got done. I am not happy to be out over $100 for no use but worse have no way to get this done. Perhaps someday I will come to a rally or other event and a vendor will do them. If you are ever near Houston, please let me know.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    Jcthorne, I installed the GT stripes and they weren't that hard except the front lower fairing. If need help let me know maybe could look at it this weekend. I live south of Houston in Rosharon off 288.
    Sorry I did not see your reply until after it was too late. Not going to order more material now. Will wait until some vendor can do them and supply their own materials as none will install stripes ordered elsewhere. Very disappointed.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Well, I watched the videos. Several times and decided to give it a try. Did not go well at all. The vinyl screeches when being pulled to go around body contour and once screeched and that section is put down the surface is mottled and crinkled. No doubt someone that knows what they are doing would have done this in an hour or so. I did finally get the rear trunk done of sorts except in the void where many install a high mount stop light. Decided to order the light and cover that problem. It looked pretty good otherwise. Then moved on to the front trunk. Tried the left side as shown in the video 3 times using up all the strip material sent. Each one I was able to get the top done and over the body contour but then proceeding lower each time managed to pull just a bit too hard and screeched the film and then once that area is down is looks awful not to mention the curvy edge. Never got to the point of turning the corner and going down the front which I never would have gotten pulled straight because of the angle of the nose.

I did contact each of the suggested vendors sent me. One would not call me back or reply to email. The others all told me the same thing. They do only full vehicle wraps, will not install films purchased elsewhere, do not do racing stripes nor work on motorcycles.

Guess I go out and pull the stripes from the rear trunk as that is all I got done. I am not happy to be out over $100 for no use but worse have no way to get this done. Perhaps someday I will come to a rally or other event and a vendor will do them. If you are ever near Houston, please let me know.
    Don't be too hard on yourself, Bro. happens on projects.......................and it sure as heck isn't just to you. I just spent about $60.00 needlessly on stuff I didn't use to hook up my ZX14 homemade sport fender last week. I thought those things were necessary.......................but they just didn't work out. It's not really a princely sum, but like you, I really hate tossing good cash out the window. In your case, you took the right steps to see about getting a Pro to hook your project up; it didn't work out, so you fell back on your own resources, and gave it your best effort. Like many things, I'll bet if you had the chance to do a couple with a Pro ...............................you'd have knocked the job out like one when you did yours; pretty hard to get competent tutoring on a lot of things though. If you go to do anymore bodywork projects like this; you'll know to have a shop lined up, who's willing to execute the project with another vendors material.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags