Spyder Garage

Default Contacted BRP in the shop again

Yesterday my RT-S was picked-up by dealer for repair. Dealer charges $100.00 pick-up charge, I informed told them the bike is still under warranty so I shouldn't have to pay the pick-up charge. I reminded them about the 2 year roadside assistance program which covers a max of $200.00 per occurrence. Dealer was completely clueless about this. I call the 800 number for the roadside assistance spoke to them they informed me that I would have to call BRP if I wanted BRP to pay the dealer directly. So, I called BRP spoke with a young lady about my issue and after some back and forth she agreed to contact the dealer in order to have the bill for the pick-up charge sent to them for payment. I also request she have someone from BRP support contact the technician at the dealer to assist in properly diagnosing the problems with the bike. I told her my level of frustration was extremely high after only having had the bike three months. I continued by telling her all who are having problems with their product spent a lot of money so we have every right to a bike that functions properly. We shouldn't be apprehensive about taking long trips after all its a touring bike. If we wanted to tour the local neighborhood we would have bought bicycles.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taxmyzer View Post
    Yesterday my RT-S was picked-up by dealer for repair. Dealer charges $100.00 pick-up charge, I informed told them the bike is still under warranty so I shouldn't have to pay the pick-up charge. I reminded them about the 2 year roadside assistance program which covers a max of $200.00 per occurrence. Dealer was completely clueless about this. I call the 800 number for the roadside assistance spoke to them they informed me that I would have to call BRP if I wanted BRP to pay the dealer directly. So, I called BRP spoke with a young lady about my issue and after some back and forth she agreed to contact the dealer in order to have the bill for the pick-up charge sent to them for payment. I also request she have someone from BRP support contact the technician at the dealer to assist in properly diagnosing the problems with the bike. I told her my level of frustration was extremely high after only having had the bike three months. I continued by telling her all who are having problems with their product spent a lot of money so we have every right to a bike that functions properly. We shouldn't be apprehensive about taking long trips after all its a touring bike. If we wanted to tour the local neighborhood we would have bought bicycles.
    Thanks for the info.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

If you wanted to use your emergency roadside assistance coverage you need to follow the steps and terms in the brochure located in the pouch with your owners manual. If you had read it you would have known this service is provided by Road America and has nothing to do with your dealer.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Sorry about your issues. A lot of us understand your frustrations...

Dealer charges $100.00 pick-up charge, I informed told them the bike is still under warranty so I shouldn't have to pay the pick-up charge. I reminded them about the 2 year roadside assistance program which covers a max of $200.00 per occurrence. Dealer was completely clueless about this. I call the 800 number for the roadside assistance spoke to them they informed me that I would have to call BRP if I wanted BRP to pay the dealer directly. So, I called BRP spoke with a young lady about my issue and after some back and forth she agreed to contact the dealer in order to have the bill for the pick-up charge sent to them for payment.
    I had a similar issue when I came back from Spyderfest 2011. My Spyder broke down and I could not find my BEST paperwork (dumb me I left it on my desk), so I had the Spyder towed home at my expense. When I saw the BEST papers, it clearly states to call them for towing. However, when I called the dealer Tuesday (incident happened on Sunday and the dealer was closed Monday), they had BRP cover the towing from my house to the dealer.

I told her my level of frustration was extremely high after only having had the bike three months. I continued by telling her all who are having problems with their product spent a lot of money so we have every right to a bike that functions properly.
    Thanks for adding the list of all who are having problems, which I am sure it is an average between GM, Chrysler and Ford car owners.

We shouldn't be apprehensive about taking long trips after all its a touring bike. If we wanted to tour the local neighborhood we would have bought bicycles.
    There are MANY owners here that have taken their Spyders cross country with little or no issues.

Good luck!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If you wanted to use your emergency roadside assistance coverage you need to follow the steps and terms in the brochure located in the pouch with your owners manual. If you had read it you would have known this service is provided by Road America and has nothing to do with your dealer.
    Exactly. I always carry the wallet-card, on which I have written the information required when you call: the VIN and License plate number. Be prepared!
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Yes I know! The bike was being picked-up from my home the brochure also says they will take it to the nearest dealer. This would be fine if it were the dealer I wanted the bike taken to. I guess this would be acceptable to you, it wasn't for me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We shouldn't be apprehensive about taking long trips after all its a touring bike. If we wanted to tour the local neighborhood we would have bought bicycles.
    I like that!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Yes I know! The bike was being picked-up from my home the brochure also says they will take it to the nearest dealer. This would be fine if it were the dealer I wanted the bike taken to. I guess this would be acceptable to you, it wasn't for me.
    I have the BEST warranty and I called for a tow. They (the tow truck operator) will take it to whatever dealer you choose. However, BRP only reimburses for $200/incident, like you said. I had it towed to my dealer, which cost me extra.

Spyder Garage

​Now that we know about your frustrations with the towing, would you please tell us what your issue was in the first place to have the tow?

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    ​Now that we know about your frustrations with the towing, would you please tell us what your issue was in the first place to have the tow?

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing..!!

good you hear you hung in there and got BRP to cover the cost. Have AAA so it is never a problem. Then again I hate paying them never had to use them. But they cover all our vehicles and get great discounts everywhere... Now we will see if the shop can deal with the issue it went in for....good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Silvervette05 View Post
    Codes and the infamous limp mode need I say more. The only code BRP forgot was P-issed off.

Spyder Garage

Codes and the infamous limp mode need I say more. The only code BRP forgot was P-issed off.
    I ask this question with all due respect, but could you "possibly" have been "riding the brake" when the limp mode exhibited itself? Just a thought.

​Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[snip] I reminded them about the 2 year roadside assistance program which covers a max of $200.00 per occurrence. Dealer was completely clueless about this. [snip]
    So, help us to understand why this is your preferred dealer? What other aspects of is he completely clueless about?
    Last edited by OldCowboy; 10-02-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    So, help us to understand why this is your preferred dealer? What other aspects of is he completely clueless about?

If he's anywhere like me, we have very few dealers in the area and they are very small and uninformed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    If he's anywhere like me, we have very few dealers in the area and they are very small and uninformed.
    Well said!

Spyder Garage

Well said!
    Very well said, been to 3 dealerships so far, all the same.
    Got this as an emergency vehicle to fill in for Spyder downtime.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Well all I can say is welcome to the breakdown club. Mine has been in the shop on the average of every other month Purchased in June of 2011. A lot of the issues could have been prevented if BRP was proactive but they wait until you break down before repairing the known problems. My dealer's mechanic is good but the bikes do not have enough history for him to know it all which adds to the frustration.

Right now I have to bring it in for ABS break issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLine View Post
    Very well said, been to 3 dealerships so far, all the same.
    Got this as an emergency vehicle to fill in for Spyder downtime.
    I may have to start using this when bike is in shop.
    trike.jpg

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I hear and feel your pain! I purchased mine not even a month ago and i'm getting a laundry list of issues. Kinda worried about the dealer cause a lot of my concerns they just tell me "that's how they are" i'm not really buying that cause it that's how they are then why are people buying them?? I have horrible heat issues with the gas cap and fuel tank. I think the thing steers funny (ron bar coming) my electric shift switch sticks and now I have a strange rattle and can sometimes smell plastic that is either melting or burning? And mine had the fire recall done before pickup. I'm currently looking for a trailer to haul it to the dealer cause it's areal pain to get it there and then get it back! Looks like it's going to spend a lot of time on a trailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Addict View Post
    I hear and feel your pain! I purchased mine not even a month ago and i'm getting a laundry list of issues. Kinda worried about the dealer cause a lot of my concerns they just tell me "that's how they are" i'm not really buying that cause it that's how they are then why are people buying them?? I have horrible heat issues with the gas cap and fuel tank. I think the thing steers funny (ron bar coming) my electric shift switch sticks and now I have a strange rattle and can sometimes smell plastic that is either melting or burning? And mine had the fire recall done before pickup. I'm currently looking for a trailer to haul it to the dealer cause it's areal pain to get it there and then get it back! Looks like it's going to spend a lot of time on a trailer.
    I've had mine 3 months on October 9th. I was not expecting to be having these kinds of issues so early. Once these companies have your money they don't seem to care. I wish people would start boycotting their products maybe then they'll start caring about the end user. If they really want to expand their market share they need to pay attention to the market they currently have. Dollar for dollar we're their best advertisement.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Well said!
    I don't know much about where Snoopy is, but taxmyzer has 8 dealers within 55 miles of him and 4 of them are Gold Certified. Yet he persists in taking his to apparently incompetent dealers. Where I come from that's called shooting yourself in the foot.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”