Spyder Garage

Default Intro and request for information and advice

Hello to all the MOgang. I'm a new motorcycle rider who is seriously contemplating the purchase of a Spyder as a first motorcycle. I have no previous experience on bikes, around my 50's and just completed my MSF course and license requirements. I'm looking to meet up with some local Spyder riders to ask questions on your experience and advice with the Spyders, modifications, dealers, rider groups and gear. I'm happy to come to your location as I'm asking for your help. Conversely, feel free to respond to my questions here. I'm probably most interested in the RT line of Spyders for the touring benefit. I'm leaning towards the new 2014 model due to the improvements (engine, cooling, ride, etc) as posted on this forum but would consider a great used bike or new 2013 which might be discounted heavily due to the demand for the 2014 and folks upgrading or trading. I'll have lots of questions on the bikes, riding in general and of course the farkling.. Let me know the best way to reach you or if you folks get together where I can meet all of you and see your rides. Best to all. Mark

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MKrone View Post
    Hello to all the MOgang. I'm a new motorcycle rider who is seriously contemplating the purchase of a Spyder as a first motorcycle. I have no previous experience on bikes, around my 50's and just completed my MSF course and license requirements. I'm looking to meet up with some local Spyder riders to ask questions on your experience and advice with the Spyders, modifications, dealers, rider groups and gear. I'm happy to come to your location as I'm asking for your help. Conversely, feel free to respond to my questions here. I'm probably most interested in the RT line of Spyders for the touring benefit. I'm leaning towards the new 2014 model due to the improvements (engine, cooling, ride, etc) as posted on this forum but would consider a great used bike or new 2013 which might be discounted heavily due to the demand for the 2014 and folks upgrading or trading. I'll have lots of questions on the bikes, riding in general and of course the farkling.. Let me know the best way to reach you or if you folks get together where I can meet all of you and see your rides. Best to all. Mark

You are SOOO in luck. You are in one of the Spyder hotbeds of the USA!

Open up a PM and send a message to any of these folks who are really close to you geographically speaking, and they are all great folks and will be happy to help you.

Pitbull
    GloryRyders
    SpyderLady
    Kevorama
    Joanie
    CliffordMD
    Cuban Spyder

and probably others I have missed.... Good luck!

And and you should REALLY check out this post. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post691377

Most of MoGang will be doing a ride in Springfield in a couple of weeks. RickyLen, owner of Pitbull Powersports and "Pitbull" here on Spyderlovers, will be more than happy to show you everything you ever wanted to know about the Spyder. This would be one of the most beneficial road trips you could make prior to your purchase.
    Last edited by SteveMac; 09-29-2013 at 12:31 PM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PM SENT

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by MKrone View Post

Spyder Garage

......send me a PM (Private Message) with your phone number and we can set something up for a meet and greet when you are available.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say Welcome to the SpyderHood~ Dave

As stated by others, your very fortunate to be close to TWO of the BEST SPYDER DEALERSHIPS in the COUNTRY, Being Cowtown in Cuba, MO & PitBull PowerSports in SpringField, MO. Both dealerships know what their doing & treat their customers like family. People (& dogs too) just like us, will travel cross country for their Legendary Service

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    ......send me a PM (Private Message) with your phone number and we can set something up for a meet and greet when you are available.
    PM being sent. Thanks