Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Other people have bought http://www.thejacketstore.com/servle...ote-Key/Detail and say it works.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    I can't speak for how any dealers might treat any of us on the road but I might offer a couple of hints that might help you to avoid being caught in this situation again. 1) I carry a spare key on the bike in a location which I won't disclose but it's simple to locate. For example, you might put one in your toolbag which is under the seat and is locked. 2) I had 2 chipless spare keys made at a local locksmith. They won't start the bike but they will unlock everything including the seat. I carry one in my pocket and my wife carries one her pocket. So, in order to be stranded, we would have to simultaneously lose three keys and that's not likely to happen. In fact, it's possible to open the seat without a key so, if my key was actually in my toolbag, I could get to it without a key at all. One other thing, should you break a key, a chipless key will turn the ignition and the bike can be started by holding the broken key including the chip against the switch. Sorry, this doesn't help you in your current situation but it may help prevent it in the future. Cotton
    Does anyone know where I can get a blank (do you know the blank number?) to get a chipless key made. Went to the local Ace hardware and they didn't have a matching blank.

2012 Spyder RT Limited
    Guardian Bell (gift from son)
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    ISCI hand brake
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ilco's X270 Blank is the one that you'll need...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Ilco's X270 Blank is the one that you'll need...
    I'll be getting one of these puppies. That way I can lock my IPS in the trunk when I stop for an extended period.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are several Speedloader pouches (designed for .500 S&W loaders), that'll also hold the IPS.
    I think that I have one that I don't need anymore...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Key Covers

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    There are several Speedloader pouches (designed for .500 S&W loaders), that'll also hold the IPS.
    I think that I have one that I don't need anymore...
    Try this link.....http://buschandbusch.bigcartel.com/p...yder-key-cover This is a leather cover for your key... I will order one to keep ahead of the next problem Gary
    2012 RTS 2065 miles
    Web Boards, Champion Tour Full Cover
    USAF 67-71 Weapons Mechanic -Love my B-52
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Spyder Garage

Default spare key replacement

I've got used Spyder RT with only one key last week. I went to dealer here in Bay Area to make another spare key. I've got "blank" Can-Am key from them, got it cut in local locksmith store, brought it back and they re-programmed now two keys to work with my Spyder. You have to bring all of your keys with you as re-programming makes all previous working keys obsolete (you will be able open trunk and etc. but won't start your Spyder. I like it as even if previous owner still has old key somewhere, he won't be able to start the bike now). Total investment for the key + cut and tax: 45$
    In case someone wondering, here is the package from the new "blank" key:

photo-1.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I guess no one is going to "spill the beans" and disclose how to unlock the seat without the key?

PM me the answer if it's not good to share the "secret" in public.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Turn the handle bar hard left and there is a cable that runs behind ignition pull on it and it releases seat do the same on opposite side and it releases the frunk. Found this out in almost same situation. This MAY only work with the RS don't know if the RT is the same.

Also they DO NOT have to replace whole ignition just the DESS which is only $400. Just had mine done. They made a mold of the ignition ordered a new DESS cut the two keys that come with the DESS from the mold and voila a matching set programmed to the bike. I also cut a hole in the keys so the key is on the ring and not just the ring holder
    Last edited by Jimsta; 10-07-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default PM me too, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I guess no one is going to "spill the beans" and disclose how to unlock the seat without the key?

PM me the answer if it's not good to share the "secret" in public.

Thanks,
    Bob

PM me too, thanks

Ride Master