Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Lamonster Garage Laser Alignment

New info and link -->Click Here

I just did my first laser alignments and much to my surprise my alinement was off quite a bit when lined up with the rear wheel. I had done the alinement when I first got the ST to BRP specs off the frame but off the frame only means it's square with the frame not the rear wheel so the contact patch is not the same. Now I have 1.25" of toe in at 148". Before the laser alignments my right side was toed out 1.25" in 74" and the left was toed out .250" in 74".

I'm happy with the end results and I'm now able to offer this service to any other Spyder owner in the area. You can drop me a note at SpyderSupport@gmail.com if you would like more details or shoot me a PM or call 423-552-0278

The cost is $120.00 and that includes zeroing out the steering angle sensor and torque sensor.

Left side needed .250 adjustment

Right side needed 1.25" adjustment.

Spyder Garage

Lamont, does that include rear belt adjustment if needed?
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

The first thing to check is that your belt is running true and tracking right. The alignments is based off of the rear wheel. The price I posted is assuming I don't have to spend time on the rear and if you have Gloryders they need to be pulled off or I have to charge a little more for that.

Spyder Garage

Default hOw Long?

How long did the procedure take?

2012 rts blue
    BajaRons sway bar
    Utopia seat rest
    Sealboards
    baker air wings
    Custom dynamic brake flasher
    tricled underground halo kit
    Sheepskin seat covers
    led mirror turn signals
    tricled brake ring
    custom dyno high brake bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doublenaughtspy View Post
    How long did the procedure take?
    Took me about an hour but it was my first one.

Spyder Garage

Just did quickster47 2013 ST. The left side was out 2" and the right side was out 5/8". He took it for a ride and noticed that the fight he had in left turns was gone and that it tracks better now. I can tell you his tires will last longer for sure.

Spyder Garage

I was up a 5:00 am CDT and pumped about getting my new ST-S Laser Aligned. Out of the driveway at 5:45 am. The 145 mile drive went by quickly. Traffic was not that bad and a quick stop for gas before arriving put me at Lamonster's Garage about 9:45 am EDT.

It is always good to visit Lamont's place. He is a real gentleman and a great host. No biscuit and sausage gravy this morning or no left over BBQ but I really didn't need it anyway. LoL

What an amazing difference getting my RoLo Lamonster Laser Alignment. I actually didn't think it was that bad, sort of. I mean, it did got pretty straight down the road but there has been since day 1 a slight struggle with left turns. But after Lamonster worked his magic, the difference is night and day. Smoother in the turns - no fighting, tracks better on the highway, and just feels better when you are driving it anywhere. My hats off to Lamont for a superb service he now offers.

And this man actually cares about making your Spyder drive straight and true.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

This is my old RT that I've done alignments on and with the laser to the rear wheel instead of the frame it was 1.5" toed out on one side and 3/4" toed in on the other. She's going down the road like an arrow now.

Spyder Garage

Mike drove 250 miles from Kentucky to have his Spyder laser alined. This was a strange one. The steering angle sensor was 3.6 degrees out before we did anything. He had wear on the outside of both front tires. He has new tires now so I checked toe and he had too much toe but it was perfect on both sides. I took out 1/2" of toe and adjusted his shocks to take out some of the preload. His numbers are dead on perfect now so his tires should wear even.

Spyder Garage

Just did my buddy StanProff 2010 RT and it was pretty far off. The right side was 1.750" toed out and the left side was 1.25" toed in. After a test drive he noticed it no longer pulled to the left when he let go of the bars.

Spyder Garage

Lamont, I'm absolutely convnced that every spyder should have this laser alignment done. Although it won't be a "cure all" for everyone's problem, it certainly will eliminate that, the alignment, as being at least one of the issues.

What are your thoughts please?

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Lamont, I'm absolutely convnced that every spyder should have this laser alignment done. Although it won't be a "cure all" for everyone's problem, it certainly will eliminate that, the alignment, as being at least one of the issues.

What are your thoughts please?

Chris
    Of course I'm trying to make a buck on this but I think pretty much every Spyder should be checked for sure. Like you said it may not be the cure all but at least you'll know your alignments is right and you can go from there. You should get better tire life and better fuel economy too but I can say that for sure yet.

I'm just happy that when I show the customer what we did he can see for himself how far out it was and so far everyone says they can tell a difference when they take it out for the first time with all the wheels alined with each other.

Spyder Garage

This 2013 was toed out 1" in 74". It's good to go now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Just did my buddy StanProff 2010 RT and it was pretty far off. The right side was 1.750" toed out and the left side was 1.25" toed in. After a test drive he noticed it no longer pulled to the left when he let go of the bars.

Lamont, as you said, no more pull to the left. I posted a thread on the outcome after the ride home with more results of the alignment. 75 mph, no hands on grips, streight as an arrow with no drifting, no twitching on center line or anything. This 2010 in now rock solid and handles better than ever. Thank you for a job well done!
    Stan
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Vickie Trumbetic stopped by on her way to FL to get her alignment done. Both wheels were toed out about 3/4"

Spyder Garage

Just did Rod's 2012 RT. It was about 1.5" toed out along with some other issues. I had BajaRon install a swaybar on Rod's RT while I aligned Ron's 2008 GS. It was way off too. Both should be happy now. — with Rod Myers.

RodMyers

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Just did Rod's 2012 RT. It was about 1.5" toed out along with some other issues. I had BajaRon install a swaybar on Rod's RT while I aligned Ron's 2008 GS. It was way off too. Both should be happy now. — with Rod Myers.

Between Lamonster adjusting the front end, also had the Baja Ron sway bar installed. Went for a short test drive around their neighborhood. A world of difference.

Now, I just got it back from the dealer last week, so I "assumed" my tire pressures were good. Bzzzt. Lamonster and Baja Rons tire gauges noted 'zero' pressure in the front tires. My bad.

Tires inflated, newly aligned, and new sway bar installed. I took the same back roads that felt comfortable @ 20mph, and was doing the speed limit (or so).. Felt a lot smoother than going inbound.

Freeway driving was a dream as compared to before.

2 things I learned. Always check your own tire pressure, and park the rt in neutral

Thanks to Ron and Lamonster

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RodMyers View Post
    Between Lamonster adjusting the front end, also had the Baja Ron sway bar installed. Went for a short test drive around their neighborhood. A world of difference.

Now, I just got it back from the dealer last week, so I "assumed" my tire pressures were good. Bzzzt. Lamonster and Baja Rons tire gauges noted 'zero' pressure in the front tires. My bad.

Tires inflated, newly aligned, and new sway bar installed. I took the same back roads that felt comfortable @ 20mph, and was doing the speed limit (or so).. Felt a lot smoother than going inbound.

Freeway driving was a dream as compared to before.

2 things I learned. Always check your own tire pressure, and park the rt in neutral

Thanks to Ron and Lamonster

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    It was great working on your Spyder Rod. You were a good sport about all of Lamont's banter (which I NEVER get involved in!)

Tire pressure was not actually ZERO. It think you had around 10 psi in one front tire and the gauge Lamont was using didn't register that low.

But suffice to say, low tire pressures can contribute to steering/handling issues.

Did Lamont charge you by the CF or by the PSI for that air?
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-24-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Laser Alignments?

Does BRP now have their own laser alignment system? In other words, what type of alignments are BRP techs doing?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Does BRP now have their own laser alignment system? In other words, what type of alignments are BRP techs doing?
    Yes

Spyder Garage

Really??

Spyder Garage

Just installed a swaybar and did an alignment on Phil's (pwm) 2012 RT and his alignment was pretty far off and I love that because I knew he was going to be happy with the results and he was.

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome

Thanks Lamonster. I did not realize how much I was fighting it before.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Phil was so happy with his alignment yesterday that be brought his friend Joe over today. Like Phil he didn't think he had a problem but his was worst than Phil's. He's now very happy with the way his Spyder handles.

Spyder Garage

Joe was very happy. He took me on some back roads I had never seen on the way home. Beautiful day for riding.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard