Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Wiring a 12v recepticle from the exhisting gas gauge wiring please help

I've always hated my stock dial gas gauge on my 2010 rts with it bouncing around all over the place so I've disconnected it and my digital fuel indicator comes up on my screen fine. I now want to mount a 12V receptacle where the gas gauge was using the exhisting wiring from the gas gauge. Can this be done? The 12V outlet receptacle I want to put in only has two wires but the wires from the gas gauge has four. Is it 12V coming through there or has it been stepped down? Any help would be appreciated I can't find an electrical schematic anywhere.Oh and for anyone who doesn't already know under the seat by the battery is cable designed to plug in a heated vest. SWEET!

Spyder Garage

You can hook up thu their. But not much power. Just run a new line and put fuss in line and use the ground side. Works great for me.

Spyder Garage

That strikes me as being a really bad idea. Why not just do it correctly and you may avoid a whole host of intermittent problems that will be difficult to track down. There is no way to prove or disprove this but my guess is that a large majority of Spyder associated problems are caused by someone fiddling with the wiring.