Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Flagholders for the 2012 Can-Am RT

I've been looking high and low for flagholders for my US and Air Fforce flag (Mini size) and can't find the place to order them. The ones I did find cost over $150 which is highway robbery. Everytime I'm on a ride a few riders have them and they're not "drilled" into the body! I'm looking for the ones that either attach to the bottom license plate bolts or affixed to the inside of the rear luggage compartment. No drilling required. Can anyone help me out???? This shouldn't be that hard; yet I'm having a difficult time finding the right place to get them!

I'd appreciate any help you could provide. I' was a member in earlier years with my 2008 RS-SE5; now I'm back with the 2012 RT-S....

Spyder Garage

I bought my flag holder from Rivco and the flags from Amazon.

Spyder Garage

One of the vendors for the site has a double staff flag holder that bolts where the license plate is. I want to say it is ISIC. you can look to see if I'm right..

CARA @ RIVCO

Default Flag-holder for the RT model

Not to hijack the thread, but our stainless steel RIVCO Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holders might work for you. They mount easily, don't interfere with opening the trunk or your brake lights, and will work with flags up to 10.5". $79.95 - Ride safe! http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=435&page=1FH400_Flag Holder_rtsidedblsteel026bw.jpgFH400_rtclseclsd 045_bw.jpgFH400_ttrnkopen 037_bw.jpgFH400_Flag holder clselft034_bw.jpg

Spyder Garage

I got mine from rumbling pride.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default RIVCO

Love my RIVCO trunk mount flag holders'
    2012 CanAm Spyder RT-S SE5
    SENA SMH5 Bluetooth Headsets
    Diamond R Armrest, Passenger Tour Mug, Driver Tour Mug
    Opitma Driver-Backrest
    Seal Deluxe Floorboards
    RIVCO-Trunk Mounted Flag Holders
    Ram Ball GPS Mount
    AST3 Ultimate Towing Trailer

8th Air Force
    96th BG, 413th BSq

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CARA @ RIVCO View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but our stainless steel RIVCO Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holders might work for you. They mount easily, don't interfere with opening the trunk or your brake lights, and will work with flags up to 10.5". $79.95 - Ride safe! http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=435&page=1FH400_Flag Holder_rtsidedblsteel026bw.jpgFH400_rtclseclsd 045_bw.jpgFH400_ttrnkopen 037_bw.jpgFH400_Flag holder clselft034_bw.jpg
    I have a set of these . . . they fit my 2013 RT Limited perfectly

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    I got mine from rumbling pride.
    x2
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CARA @ RIVCO View Post
    EXCELLENT product - easy to install. Took me about 5 minutes.

Spyder Garage

It kind of depends on flag size. I mount a bigger flag on the ISCI license mounts. Rivco had not come out when I bought mine. I have a riveco mount for my big flag, uncased only when on a mision.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The RIVCO flag holders are the product of choice for the RT. Very easy to install. However, safety first, watch your eyes around these. They are topped with a pointed spindle nut. RIVCO advises using blue loctite which is not supplied. I lost one of the nuts on a PGR mission and lost my flag on the freeway. RIVCO sent me a replacement nut and even offered to replace the flag but it was a Christian flag and not in their inventory. They suggested using 1/4" rubber gaskets above and below the flag to keep it on the shaft. I use a 1/4" wing nut locked against the spindle nut in addition to the rubber gaskets and I use an oversized 1/4in flat washer between the flag and the gasket. I'm not taking a chance of losing a flag again. I use multiple flags on the left side which is the reason I use a wingnut against the spindle nut.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    The RIVCO flag holders are the product of choice for the RT. Very easy to install. However, safety first, watch your eyes around these. They are topped with a pointed spindle nut. RIVCO advises using blue loctite which is not supplied. I lost one of the nuts on a PGR mission and lost my flag on the freeway. RIVCO sent me a replacement nut and even offered to replace the flag but it was a Christian flag and not in their inventory. They suggested using 1/4" rubber gaskets above and below the flag to keep it on the shaft. I use a 1/4" wing nut locked against the spindle nut in addition to the rubber gaskets and I use an oversized 1/4in flat washer between the flag and the gasket. I'm not taking a chance of losing a flag again. I use multiple flags on the left side which is the reason I use a wingnut against the spindle nut.
    Can you post pics of what you did... thanx...
    2014 Black RT

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carajony View Post
    Can you post pics of what you did... thanx...
    Here ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.