Spyder Garage

Default Extremes for fun..!!

Last Wed. the wife and I packed a bag and headed up to Big Bear Lake late afternoon. Ryding the twisties at 6000 or so feet at night full moon is awesome. Woke up in the 30's drove around the lake and toured the Village then headed for warmer weather. Got to Palm Springs for lunch. It was 107* in the shade so we headed for the coast and stayed the night in Marina del Rey. Next day down the coast to home. This Wed. we headed up to Idyllwild also 6000 or so feet up but made it before dark. Woke up in the low 40's. Toured the town had breakfast the skipped the high heat and headed to the coast around Oceanside then down the coast (PCH, pacific coast highway, Hwy 1, us101) all the same home to San Diego. Great trips roadster ran like a top 34 mpg all the way and logged 1,200 miles. Now the bad news...my insurance guy just informed me we are 4,000 miles over our estimated yearly mileage...all I can say it was worth every mile..!!
    20121221_081334.jpg what was your last trip where the weather change was extreme..??
    Last edited by Chupaca; 09-27-2013 at 01:51 AM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Great to hear you guys are having so much fun logging all those miles.
    Must be nice down in California this time of the year for riding as the weather turns cooler.
    Must plan a trip south of the border soon before winter sets in!

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question what does the ins co. Have to do with your milage? And how do they know your milage? R u on some kind of plan that u can only drive so many miles? Its a bike its made for many miles to be traveled.im baffled.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Last week we went over Independence pass (in a rental car) and it was 60 degrees when we started climbing. At the peak it was 34degrees and spitting snow, lol by the time we were down pass Aspen, it was back in the 60's. All within 30 to 45 minutes.
    2013 ST S
    Stock for now

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    Question what does the ins co. Have to do with your milage? And how do they know your milage? R u on some kind of plan that u can only drive so many miles? Its a bike its made for many miles to be traveled.im baffled.
    I've heard of this; but never experienced it! Can you provide us with some insight?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Discounts..!!

we have a series of discounts. Multiple vehicles (4) house included and one part we report our mileage to maintain all the discounts. I will have to revise it now because my wife used to drive 4 miles to work and now drives 20 miles to work. I used to drive all day and now hardly use the car. The spyder being the one we thought would be just little rydes here and there I thought stating 8,000 miles a year was a lot. We are close to 13,000. So I have to shift the vehicles around a bit as to which one is the main one. Just goes to show how much one gets out when you have one...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Last Wed. the wife and I packed a bag and headed up to Big Bear Lake late afternoon. Ryding the twisties at 6000 or so feet at night full moon is awesome. Woke up in the 30's drove around the lake and toured the Village then headed for warmer weather. Got to Palm Springs for lunch. It was 107* in the shade so we headed for the coast and stayed the night in Marina del Rey. Next day down the coast to home. This Wed. we headed up to Idyllwild also 6000 or so feet up but made it before dark. Woke up in the low 40's. Toured the town had breakfast the skipped the high heat and headed to the coast around Oceanside then down the coast (PCH, pacific coast highway, Hwy 1, us101) all the same home to San Diego. Great trips roadster ran like a top 34 mpg all the way and logged 1,200 miles. Now the bad news...my insurance guy just informed me we are 4,000 miles over our estimated yearly mileage...all I can say it was worth every mile..!!
    20121221_081334.jpg what was your last trip where the weather change was extreme..??

Sounds like a great trip. Also run into the temperature changes here when "going up the mountains". Bigger differences it seems in your area--where it is so warm in the lowlands. My problem this time of the year--if its 30's at the top of the pass, I am going to find 40's or colder at the bottom. I got to ryde in the 30's two days ago.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red