Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benggolf View Post
    Well, a bit of good news today. After waiting a bit for the dealer to finish PDI of my STS, they told me that the recall kit for my unit just arrived. So I opted for them to do the mod before taking delivery.

Waited for another 2 hours and finally it was all ready!

Got all the options that I previously listed installed except for the adjustable GPS mount
    (similar to ST Limited) because the harness and connector did not come with the mount.
    Parts Department is now following up with BRP to see if we can order the required harness/connector without ordering the entire GPS kit.

It was a pleasant 50+ km. ride back home and the temperature never passed the halfway mark despite the rush hour traffic although the temperature was only 16 degrees Celsius.
    The engine did stumble a couple of times as I was coming to a stop but didn't stall as I was able to blip the throuttle slightly to prevent it from stalling out. Hopefully this issue will eventually correct itself after putting in more mileage.

WIll take some pictures soon and post them.

Good to see you had a good buying experience.

Some car computers learn in their first few hours of operation, I would guess the Spyder computer does the same thing and perhaps the reason for the light stumbling?

A couple of my cars do it when I disconnect the battery to reclear settings and codes, then it has to relearn some of my driving habits.

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 ST-S

I have had my 2013 ST-S for a week now and have put on 300 miles. Have drove to work 40 miles (about 50-55 minutes) and have not had any heat issues. It gets alittle work but nothing as bad as I expected figuring the motor is under the plastic between your legs. The dealer did already have the recall work done before I picked it up. It is a fun and enjoyable ride so far.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pokerpaul View Post
    I have had my 2013 ST-S for a week now and have put on 300 miles. Have drove to work 40 miles (about 50-55 minutes) and have not had any heat issues. It gets alittle work but nothing as bad as I expected figuring the motor is under the plastic between your legs. The dealer did already have the recall work done before I picked it up. It is a fun and enjoyable ride so far.
    Good to know you are enjoying your new STS too and not having serious issues with it.
    So what mods have you done so far or plan to do soon?

Spyder Garage

Default Pictures of our 2013 STS in Circuit Yellow

As promised....pictures taken at Garry Park, Steveston, B.C.

photo.jpgphoto.JPG2.jpgphoto.JPG5.jpgphoto.JPG7.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default enjoy the ride

Nice choice can't go wrong with the ST for a sportier ride with a little more of a comfortable sitting position than the RS.
    I am currently contemplating the Ron sway bar for my STL so far the only things that I have added are the back passenger back rest and a larger Calsi wind shield. Have fun and enjoy that new ride

Spyder Garage

As promised....pictures taken at Garry Park, Steveston, B.C.

photo.jpgphoto.JPG2.jpgphoto.JPG5.jpgphoto.JPG7.jpg

Nice

How do you like the Muffler? Can you compare to the stock piece ?

Id like something w a little lower throatier sound, no raspy noise, and not annoying getting out of the neighborhood. Lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Nice

How do you like the Muffler? Can you compare to the stock piece ?

Id like something w a little lower throatier sound, no raspy noise, and not annoying getting out of the neighborhood. Lol
    I am completely satisfied with the Akrapovic Sports muffler. The sound is much better that OEM...lower and throatier sound (no raspy noise), but not as loud as the Hindle or Yoshimura. The extra bonus is the weight savings on the Akrapovic!

Downside is the high price, but I am happy with the purchase.

Spyder Garage

I am completely satisfied with the Akrapovic Sports muffler. The sound is much better that OEM...lower and throatier sound (no raspy noise), but not as loud as the Hindle or Yoshimura. The extra bonus is the weight savings on the Akrapovic!

Thanks

Why don't you just make me a mod list to follow?

Spyder Garage

Yes, I see they are very expensive for the Spyder !!!!!!

http://www.etektuning.com/akrapovic-...Fa9fQgodzFMAVQ

Spyder Garage

Is yours considered the sport touring? Got a part number?

http://www.amazon.com/Can-Am-2194004...192455&sr=1-16

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Is yours considered the sport touring? Got a part number?

http://www.amazon.com/Can-Am-2194004...192455&sr=1-16

The part number on my Akrapovic Sport Silencer is #219400444 listed at C$999.99

The muffler is shorter than the Sport Touring Silencer (#219400443 and also listed at C$999.99).
    P&A staff told me that the sound is the same on both exhaust, but a side by side comparision, the Sport version emits slightly more noise on high revs IMO.

The information on part numbers is taken from the 2014 Can-Am Spyder Riding Gear/Accessories/Genuine Parts Catalog.

Spyder Garage

The part number on my Akrapovic Sport Silencer is #219400444 listed at C$999.99

The muffler is shorter than the Sport Touring Silencer (#219400443 and also listed at C$999.99).
    P&A staff told me that the sound is the same on both exhaust, but a side by side comparision, the Sport version emits slightly more noise on high revs IMO.

The information on part numbers is taken from the 2014 Can-Am Spyder Riding Gear/Accessories/Genuine Parts Catalog.

http://www.sears.com/can-am-21940044...48014?prdNo=38

Spyder Garage

OMG! There must be something inside the muffler that makes it cost of much!

Spyder Garage

Decided to go with the Akropovic "Sports" (shorter version) and had the dealer install it prior to delivery. Had the chance to test both sports and sports-touring versions and I like the "Sports" better. At low RPMs they both sounded very similar, but at high revs, I found the "Sports" version a tad louder but not by much.
    Aesthetically, the shorter muffler looks better on the STS in IMHO.

Again, the biggest bonus is the Akropovic is sooo much lighter than OEM. Remember, you gain performance by making more horsepower and/or lightening.

Spyder Garage

...... Remember, you gain performance by making more horsepower and/or lightening.

I know, I have a track car. lol

Spyder Garage

Very cool, Snoopy!

Spyder Garage

-Ditto-
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13