Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default My Kumho Ecsta AST at 4500 miles on it

Here's a reference photo of my Kumho with 4,500 miles on it. The OEM Kenda was almost bald at this point!

Good luck with your Kumho! Like many others of us...I purchased mine at Discount Tire for around $86 (tax included). I had it mounted at my local Spyder dealer for around $138.

This tire seems to ride just fine and have not noticed any issues with it on wet roads.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 10-29-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Removing the rear tire is not difficult, I took to my local tire dealer to mount ($20), balanced it myself and reinstalled. This is the second Kumo, my last one was still 70% at 10,000 miles when I sold the bike.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to add to this post.

I had a Can-Am dealer in Mineral Falls, WV (near Parkersburg) purchase and mount this tire for my Spyder. I have moved from the area, but they had no issues putting that tire on my Spyder.

Tire is in MUCH better shape then the OEM tire was. I have 3K on the tire and I have much more thread left on it then I did with the OEM at 3K. I'm hoping to have 10K + on this tire before I need to have it replaced.

If anyone is in the area, or they need help - these guys are GREAT!! Here is their website.

allseasonsmineralwells.com

Displaced Canuck
    (Professional Photographer & Engineer)

2008 Yellow GS SM5

Spyder Garage

Default Kumho tire and discount tire direct

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    My kumho has 17k maybe it will go to 20 k .I got mine from discount tire direct $81 225 50 15 but I like more general altimax 215 60 15. I order it for my chevy cobolt 2008 lt 15 in base .Ya sure
    I know this is an old post but I was wondering how you got one, they told me they could not sell me that tire because it was not approved for the Can Am Spyder? In fact they said they could not sell me anything for the Spyder because the only one approved is sold only by Can Am???
    Thanks,
    2018 RT Limited , Champange with black and pink strips

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SpyderPops Rock Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Huddleston View Post
    I have purchased a Kumho 225/50 R15 for my rear tire (2013 RTS SE5). The stock tire is a Kenda 225/50 R15, so it should fit, right? When it arrived, the tire is approximately an inch wider than the stock tire. Why would there be a difference in width when they are both the same size? Will it fit? I know there are guys using this Kumho tire and wondered if you have any thoughts. Thanks.
    I just mounted one on my 2011 RTS, 25 PSI in it, and love it.
    However, if you have the Spyder Pops Rock Guard, you will need to bend the rear guide out some to allow more clearance to the tire. Easy, and not a problem.
    CapNCrunch : =)