Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New Side panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks Char! This question has popped up "elsewhere", and now I know the correct answer!
    Is yours running better with the new plugwires?
    The plug wires definitely make a difference but sometimes it is hard to tell. I notice it the most when I am accelerating hard out of corners or when punching it getting on the Interstates.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    BRP added some additional parts listings for the ST last night so this morning I spent an hour going through these listings and came up with the following information.

To add the 2014 ST panels to a 2013 ST you will need a total of four (4) panels.

Evidently the BRP rep I spoke with was not too familiar with his own product. Or least not as well informed as us SpyderLovers.

I have attached a picture of the part numbers I gleaned from the BRP listings. The different part numbers are highlighted in Circuit Yellow Metallic, since that is the only color in which I am interested.

Carl
    I think that for the full conversion you'll need two additional panels. Looks like they go inside of the scoop. Part numbers: 705007329 left and 705007329 right.
    I may be wrong, but I'm afraid not.
    panels.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cez View Post
    I think that for the full conversion you'll need two additional panels. Looks like they go inside of the scoop. Part numbers: 705007329 left and 705007329 right.
    I may be wrong, but I'm afraid not.
    panels.jpg

Correction: Part numbers: 705007329 left and 705007330 right.

Spyder Garage

Hmm, those could be the trim panels that one can see in this picture posted by golfsferr. Guess I will be adding those to my next parts purchase (this week) since I also need to order some Can Am decals and a few other fasteners. Sigh... Oh well, this is a work in progress and when I finish I will have a complete parts list for the conversion.

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I'd be interested in knowing how close the paint matches being a different batch a year later.

Also think this has got to make a tremendous/ very obvious difference to be worth the cost/trouble.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing how close the paint matches being a different batch a year later.

Also think this has got to make a tremendous/ very obvious difference to be worth the cost/trouble.
    I'm hoping that the quality control arm of BRP is good at keeping the paint a good match. But then one never knows.

I too am hoping there is some improvement in the 2013 cooling/heat problems with the new panels. We shall see. However, with temps in the teens right now the extra heat is well appreciated.

Carl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Time, and temperature;will tell...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm hoping that the quality control arm of BRP is good at keeping the paint a good match. But then one never knows.

I too am hoping there is some improvement in the 2013 cooling/heat problems with the new panels. We shall see. However, with temps in the teens right now the extra heat is well appreciated.

Carl
    I was contemplating about this upgrade for my 2013 RS-S, but in my case I would have to paint the panels alloy orange.
    I'm afraid that with after market paint it will be difficult to get the perfect match. Last time I checked, BRP didn't offer factory paint for sale.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cez View Post
    I was contemplating about this upgrade for my 2013 RS-S, but in my case I would have to paint the panels alloy orange.
    I'm afraid that with after market paint it will be difficult to get the perfect match. Last time I checked, BRP didn't offer factory paint for sale.
    I know that is frustrating when they have sort of unique colors and then you can't buy the paint from them.

Carl

Spyder Garage

I had a small part painted on my '13 ST-S and it was a pain getting it close because such a special blended color.

Spyder Garage

I had a small part painted on my '13 ST-S and it was a pain getting it close because such a special blended color.
    Did you ever get a paint code/blend code/color code for the work you had done? I remember that it came out pretty good.

Carl

Spyder Garage

Did you ever get a paint code/blend code/color code for the work you had done? I remember that it came out pretty good.

Carl

Someone posted the codes after I had it done.

Lol

Spyder Garage

Any reputable shop should be able to match colors they have a paint camera that can match colors. There were 9 different variations from the factory on my Pewter Corvette I found when I had the top re done. My dealer took a measurement from my Vette and matched it perfectly. You might try taking the color code to a Chevy dealer(or a GOOD paint shop) along with your spyder to get a match.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Any reputable shop should be able to match colors they have a paint camera that can match colors. There were 9 different variations from the factory on my Pewter Corvette I found when I had the top re done. My dealer took a measurement from my Vette and matched it perfectly. You might try taking the color code to a Chevy dealer(or a GOOD paint shop) along with your spyder to get a match.

In my work I deal multiple body shops, have for years. I took it to one of my main people and they still had a time matching the tri-coat of the circuit yellow metallic, but did get it close. At the time the BRP dealer told me they had no color codes for the Spyders.

Spyder Garage

In my work I deal multiple body shops, have for years. I took it to one of my main people and they still had a time matching the tri-coat of the circuit yellow metallic, but did get it close. At the time the BRP dealer told me they had no color codes for the Spyders.
    There have been color codes for every year in the factory service manuals and Chevy uses PPG paint. Sorry the dealer misled you. The additional problem with color matching is age and sun exposure it does affect the color.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

I know that is frustrating when they have sort of unique colors and then you can't buy the paint from them.

Carl
    I just found this supplier. Looks promising.
    http://www.uspaint.com/paints/spyder...ket-paints.asp

And another one. They have more generic stuff, but offer smaller amounts for touch-up.
    https://touchupdirect.com/
    Last edited by Cez; 01-06-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    There have been color codes for every year in the factory service manuals and Chevy uses PPG paint. Sorry the dealer misled you. The additional problem with color matching is age and sun exposure it does affect the color.

Magdave,
    You can always remove the fresh painted panels and keep them in full sun while the rest of the spyder is sitting in the garage, until colors even up.
    .....just a Polish idea....
    Last edited by Cez; 01-06-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Spyder Garage

Yeah try that

Actually today quality clear coats along w a quality polish/wax will slow any fading for much longer than days past.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Side Panels

BRP should pay for the Panels is their engineering issue should not be ours.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball79ST2013 View Post
    I hate to say this but you can bet your bottom dollar that ain't gonna happen.

Carl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 Paint Codes

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball79ST2013 View Post

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Side Panels

If they are not going to pay for them at least a 90% discount is in order, where is the rep for BRP on this side to at least address our issues.....ok sorry I forgot on vacation with the engineers making plans on how to tells us there is no heat issues,the problem is that we don't know how to ride a motorcycle, user error....

Spyder Garage

Ohsnap, I think you're on to something....