Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: New Side panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nhoj View Post
    More than interesting. If that "service bulletin" is factual could this be another part of the "BRP Fix" ??

That would be nice, but i don't see them doing it.

I pulled the trigger anyhow, don't want those guys tearing my bike all apart replacing panels....it would have been nice to save the money though.

Spyder Garage

Default Are the parts the same for the RS?

Hello all, I know they have the exact same frame i know some May view this as a dumb question,but with some things being different on the RS and ST and my very little experience i have to ask.Will the parts list be the exact same for the RS ? Thank you in advance for response

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnaphobia View Post
    Hello all, I know they have the exact same frame i know some May view this as a dumb question,but with some things being different on the RS and ST and my very little experience i have to ask.Will the parts list be the exact same for the RS ? Thank you in advance for response
    I just looked at a 2014 RS, the parts are very similar to do the upgrade, but of course the numbers are different.

Youll just have to look at the parts diagram and pick out the same/upgraded panels and clips.

http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...s?aribrand=BRP

Spyder Garage

Default Mmmhmmm

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Isn't that the same phone person who said the 2014 panels did not fit.......I'm hoping for a BRP fix...but even if they provide an air-fuel ratio mix there still needs to be adequate air in-n-out of the bike....Jacque....I thinking black panels also.....could get a wrap on the panels.
    If the panels you ordered match up with your 2013 I thing I'll go with white. I looked up all the parts on your list at Powersportswarehouse.com and they came to $545 plus shipping. When you get them let me know about the color and I'll order - if they don't match I'll go with the black.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I just looked at a 2014 RS, the parts are very similar to do the upgrade, but of course the numbers are different.

Youll just have to look at the parts diagram and pick out the same/upgraded panels and clips.

http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...s?aribrand=BRP

Thanks for the past and link - I looked up my parts the conversion comes to approximately $545 plus shipping ... edited ...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    Thanks for the past and link - I looked up my parts the conversion comes to approximately $545 plus shipping ... edited ...

Wow, thats cheaper than mine. You must not be getting all the same parts I am?

Do you have a ST or a RS?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

She's got an ST...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    She's got an ST...

Thanks.

Wonder why the price difference, just hope she didn't miss a part number.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe she missed two of the panels?
    We need her to come back in, and pound out the parts list for you guys!

Spyder Garage

Maybe she missed two of the panels?
    We need her to come back in, and pound out the parts list for you guys!

Yeah, hate for her to realize after other parts come in that maybe missing something.

Spyder Garage

Default Here's my list

Wow, thats cheaper than mine. You must not be getting all the same parts I am?

Do you have a ST or a RS?
    I have an ST-L . I hope this is all I need, let me know if it's not so I can add it before I order . And I am ordering them from http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...s?aribrand=BRP and got my list from Flamingo Babe:

Part # Description Qnty
    250000079 Panel Nut M5 X 0.8. Model-ST 1
    250000577 Torx Screw K40 X 12 4
    517302785 Clip 1
    704903140 Can-Am Decal for White Model 1 x2
    705007329 LH Upper Side Panel 1
    705007330 RH Upper Side Panel 1
    705007700 Vegas White Pearl LH Front Panel 1
    705007706 Vegas White Pearl RH Front Panel 1
    705007737 Vegas White Pearl LH Upper Side Panel 1
    705007738 Vegas White Pearl RH Upper Side Panel 1
    518327600 LH Upper Side Panel Foam 1
    518325518 RH Upper Side Panel Foam 1
    Last edited by JacqueTanis; 03-30-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

I have an ST-L . I hope this is all I need, let me know if it's not so I can add it before I order . And I am ordering them from http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...s?aribrand=BRP and got my list from Flamingo Babe:

Part # Description Qnty
    250000079 Panel Nut M5 X 0.8. Model-ST 1
    250000577 Torx Screw K40 X 12 4
    517302785 Clip 1
    704903140 Can-Am Decal for White Model 1 x2
    705007329 LH Upper Side Panel 1
    705007330 RH Upper Side Panel 1
    705007700 Vegas White Pearl LH Front Panel 1
    705007706 Vegas White Pearl RH Front Panel 1
    705007737 Vegas White Pearl LH Upper Side Panel 1
    705007738 Vegas White Pearl RH Upper Side Panel 1
    518327600 LH Upper Side Panel Foam 1
    518325518 RH Upper Side Panel Foam 1
    That looks right, except the first number I have is 69, not 79. Not sure the difference.

My subtotal from Powersportswarehouse was $703, not sure how you came up w $545?

Also, I put in their code for free shipping over $299 and it worked.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

That looks right, except the first number I have is 69, not 79. Not sure the difference.

My subtotal from Powersportswarehouse was $703, not sure how you came up w $545?

Also, I put in their code for free shipping over $299 and it worked.

I probably missed something. It was midnight and I couldn't sleep, was doing it in bed on my tablet, a recipe for disaster ! I'll try it again and repost the right amount for you. Where do I find the code for the free shipping?

Spyder Garage

I probably missed something. It was midnight and I couldn't sleep, was doing it in bed on my tablet, a recipe for disaster ! I'll try it again and repost the right amount for you. Where do I find the code for the free shipping?
    Well this is what I got - not sure about the price difference in the RH and LH Upper Side Panel Foam. By the way, found the free shipping code

Product Information Quantity Unit Price Line Total
    $4.63 $4.63
    $1.49 $1.49
    Can-Am - Clip
    Item: 517302785
    $1.47 $1.47
    Can-Am - Decal, Can-Am
    Item: 704903140
    $9.74 $19.48
    $20.24 $20.24
    $20.24 $20.24
    $163.49 $163.49
    $163.49 $163.49
    $135.74 $135.74
    $135.74 $135.74
    $9.74 $9.74
    $12.74 $12.74
    Apply All | Remove All
    Order Summary

Order sales tax estimates based on in-state purchase. Shipping estimate based on ground shipping. Tax and shipping details will be updated during checkout to reflect actual totals. Click the provided link to update the tax and shipment estimates on this page.

Subtotal: $688.49
    Estimated Tax: $0.00

Estimated Order Total: $688.49
    Estimate Tax & Shipping
    Last edited by JacqueTanis; 03-30-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

That's more like it lol

Your earlier post said $545, the above shows $688.

I ordered some extra bolts so mine was $703.

Free shipping

Spyder Garage

Default Hoping

That's more like it lol

Your earlier post said $545, the above shows $688.

I ordered some extra bolts so mine was $703.

Free shipping
    I'm going to hold off a little while and see if BRP is going to help us with the cost, or fund the conversions. I really feel it's only right for them to do so - are you listening BRP - we paid so much money for these awesome machines and their design flaw is causing us no end of headaches, I'm concerned because the heat in the engine compartment has no where to go and it's eventually going to start wearing down different elements (parts) of the engine and components. So frustrated at their lack of customer care and service in this matter. I call and get a different story each time, depending on who I'm talking to at the moment. I love my bike, can't afford to trade up, and have put too much work into her to get a new one anyway. I sure hope they take care of us ... it's time! Past time ... (I'm venting - LOL I'll get off my soapbox now)

Spyder Garage

Smile

Though I've had no real issue I'm hoping it will help prolong the life of the parts underneath.

My only heat issue I've seen is boiling gas, which I think is from the cat being directly underneath...hopefully curing that soon w a bypass as well....

Spyder Garage

Though I've had no real issue I'm hoping it will help prolong the life of the parts underneath.

My only heat issue I've seen is boiling gas, which I think is from the cat being directly underneath...hopefully curing that soon w a bypass as well....
    I heat shielded my panels, exhaust, oil reservoir and tubing, gas tank (from, sides and as far underneath as I could reach) My husband made me a heat deflector for my leg. A small fortune for all that quality shielding but definitely worth it as I couldn't ride without looking like a chickie with a broken leg as I held it away from the panels. The exhaust is inches from the panels, don't know what they were thinking. I cut the heat on the panels and to the gas tank by over 50%. The Service Bulletin Campaign also helped lower by engine heat by one bar which is really cool (mmmhmmm). Now to get rid of all that heat in the engine compartment ... did you order your conversion parts yet? Can't wait to see a pic ...

Spyder Garage

I just ordered last night.

My parts are listed in post number 299 of this thread.

Weissenbrunn, OberFranken, Bayern, Germany
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Decal

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    Opps, quantity should be two but the price shown is for two pieces. Sorry about that.

Carl
    Carl, you're actions on installing the 2014 air intakes got me motivated to do the same on my 2013 ST LTD. Bought the parts in America, and brought them back to Germany, where today a motorcycle friend and I installed them. Alas, the decal I got from BRP is not the right one for the metallic black panel. Is there a white decal available, or maybe even a 3D decal on the market that would look good on black? You seem to have the BRP parts figured out, which is hard for me to decipher. 'preciate your help, and your info has been a real help in getting the right parts. The black isn't the color of my STL, which is pearl white, but the new panels weren't available in that color. Actually, I like the contrast the metallic black makes to the pearl white. One more question: is there an insert to cover the new air intake available? I've already installed the "stainless steel" like inserts on all the other air intakes and wonder if there will be something similar for the new panel? Have you covered yours yet? Best from Bavaria! Rick

Spyder Garage

Rick, on the 2013 Black Currant color there are white decals I believe that have the following part number 704903435. You will need two of them. As for screens for the opening on the new panels, I do not think they have been on the market long enough to allow anyone to make some screens. And then I am not sure if anyone will ever make screens for this area.

Very glad all the part numbers worked out good for you. When you get finished post a few pictures in this thread of your completed bike.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianami View Post
    Carl, you're actions on installing the 2014 air intakes got me motivated to do the same on my 2013 ST LTD. Bought the parts in America, and brought them back to Germany, where today a motorcycle friend and I installed them. Alas, the decal I got from BRP is not the right one for the metallic black panel. Is there a white decal available, or maybe even a 3D decal on the market that would look good on black? You seem to have the BRP parts figured out, which is hard for me to decipher. 'preciate your help, and your info has been a real help in getting the right parts. The black isn't the color of my STL, which is pearl white, but the new panels weren't available in that color. Actually, I like the contrast the metallic black makes to the pearl white. One more question: is there an insert to cover the new air intake available? I've already installed the "stainless steel" like inserts on all the other air intakes and wonder if there will be something similar for the new panel? Have you covered yours yet? Best from Bavaria! Rick
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 2013 RS bikes didn't get the heat complaints that the STs did...
    Isn't there quite a cutout in their side panels, that the STs lack?
    Do you think that opening that up, would help?

RS Bodywork gap.jpgST bodywork gap.jpg
    Or am I seeing something, that's really not there?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-31-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

On my ST-S I removed the black pieces on both sides that BRP added and it did help. Although the heat appeared to blow up through these openings and onto my thighs. Have not ridden and RS so not sure if it has the same effect or maybe it is more open on the bottom and the heat exits below.

Carl

The 2013 RS bikes didn't get the heat complaints that the STs did...
    Isn't there quite a cutout in their side panels, that the STs lack?
    Do you think that opening that up, would help?

RS Bodywork gap.jpgST bodywork gap.jpg
    Or am I seeing something, that's really not there?
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianami View Post

Don't cover them and you will get more air flow.

If bugs go in there your Spyder will just eat them!

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Jacque....the first listed is 250000079...not 69.....second listed torx bolt ...you need 4 of them.....these prices are really cheap.............
    Well this is what I got - not sure about the price difference in the RH and LH Upper Side Panel Foam. By the way, found the free shipping code

Product Information Quantity Unit Price Line Total
    $4.63 $4.63
    $1.49 $1.49
    Can-Am - Clip
    Item: 517302785
    $1.47 $1.47
    Can-Am - Decal, Can-Am
    Item: 704903140
    $9.74 $19.48
    $20.24 $20.24
    $20.24 $20.24
    $163.49 $163.49
    $163.49 $163.49
    $135.74 $135.74
    $135.74 $135.74
    $9.74 $9.74
    $12.74 $12.74
    Apply All | Remove All
    Order Summary

Order sales tax estimates based on in-state purchase. Shipping estimate based on ground shipping. Tax and shipping details will be updated during checkout to reflect actual totals. Click the provided link to update the tax and shipment estimates on this page.

Subtotal: $688.49
    Estimated Tax: $0.00

Estimated Order Total: $688.49
    Estimate Tax & Shipping

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder