Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: New Side panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shoes8 View Post
    Oh yeah...the color is Circuit Yellow Metallic which I know a few people on here do have the new panels and the color does match which is what leads to my biggest confusion...go figure...who knows if the dealer or BRP know what they are talking about. Maybe it is some "other panels"...we will see.
    U can supply them with the part numbers: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...2013-amp-prior
    Last edited by ARCTIC; 07-06-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Default panels

I was one of the fortunate ones. I wrote two letters to BRP. I just explained that I was very frustrated and that I didn't want to do all the improvements that every one else I had tried. I also explained that I felt I shouldn't have to. After the second letter a BRP rep called me and agreed I shouldn't have to do the improvements. My dealership was helpful as far as getting the new panels put on for me but I had to do all the leg work as far as getting panel numbers, following up, etc. Please don't give up. Be persistent but nice. BRP also helped me with my defective tires. It took a little bit of my time but was well worth it. My 2014 panels are fantastic. No heat at all.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'll go along with Barbie...I feel fortunate.......BRP has worked with me for the last year or so.....I've had to fight for all BRP has done to repair my 2013 ST-L.....but this thread is about 2014 air flow panels......my panels have been perfect....reduced the heat to nothing....except normal heat when riding a motorcycle.....I have put hundreds of miles in a day...tank after tank in 100 degrees temp and no heat issue.......you guys don't give up.....send emails...call...the info is on BRP's website...the dealers are tied to BRP......go to BRP and have them work with you dealer

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Smile

Flamingobabe, Jacque, and Barbie all got BRP to pay for the new panels. Maybe we should let the ladies negotiate for us.

Spyder Garage

Just started the process of fixing the heat issue with the new panels. Contacted BRP and got a case number, and contacted the service dept of my dealership with the case number. The customer rep at BRP new instantly what I was referring to, so I would expect quicker solutions than some of you went through. I'll keep you all informed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hulksdaddy View Post
    Just started the process of fixing the heat issue with the new panels. Contacted BRP and got a case number, and contacted the service dept of my dealership with the case number. The customer rep at BRP new instantly what I was referring to, so I would expect quicker solutions than some of you went through. I'll keep you all informed.
    which ct. dealer are you working with? and keep us posted with results please.

Spyder Garage

Stamford Motorsports.

Spyder Garage

Default New Panels

Got a call from my dealer today. Said they got in the new panel replacements from BRP and they are color matched to my bike unlike what BRP had told them originally. Dealer said they are impressed with the change and hope I feel the same. Picking the bike up tomorrow then heading to Tennessee for the weekend...I will update after I ride a while. Thanks for everyone's insight on this. Hope to be a "cool" rider soon!

Spyder Garage

does anyone know if there is a number for the new panels in pure magnesium metallic? the 2014 don't come in that color.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    does anyone know if there is a number for the new panels in pure magnesium metallic? the 2014 don't come in that color.
    That's the ****s of the deal. If BRP didn't make a bike in your color for 2014, you're sol (for now). You'd have to repaint one of the other colors
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    That's the ****s of the deal. If BRP didn't make a bike in your color for 2014, you're sol (for now). You'd have to repaint one of the other colors
    Read this.... http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...751#post836751
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nhoj View Post
    Looks like magnesium is one of the options

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

since I don't believe the 2014's are available in pure magnesium metallic , but they are making the panels in that color i guess they are admitting there's a problem.

Spyder Garage

since I don't believe the 2014's are available in pure magnesium metallic , but they are making the panels in that color i guess they are admitting there's a problem.

Ther's ya sign

Spyder Garage

Default "100 COOL MILES"

Well, I know that it has only been about 100 miles, but I picked up my bike from the dealer today and all I can say is "WOW"! I have a COOL RYDE!!! YIPPEE!!

The new panels are my "bike saver"....they rock...I could actually touch the upper left side panel and not get burnt!

Thanks BRP...now send them to everyone...on your dime because it is a design flaw!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shoes8 View Post
    Well, I know that it has only been about 100 miles, but I picked up my bike from the dealer today and all I can say is "WOW"! I have a COOL RYDE!!! YIPPEE!!

The new panels are my "bike saver"....they rock...I could actually touch the upper left side panel and not get burnt!

Thanks BRP...now send them to everyone...on your dime because it is a design flaw!
    They work for sure. Can't believe how big of a deal it is

Spyder Garage

Just got a call from my dealership. Panels are on their way, replacing them under warranty.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Zenagirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by azjerry View Post

I just got the new side panels installed on our 2013 ST-S. I had the dealer do the work. The ride home was about 20 minutes. When I got home, the left side was still too hot to touch with my bare hand. I put my infrared heat gun on it and it showed as high as 162 degrees on part of the body work. Unfortunately, I never took a reading with the old panels so I can't compare.

It was 103 air temp yesterday when I rode home so a typical July day in AZ. I didn't feel the hot panel while riding because my leg sticks out a little while riding, but my wife is the primary rider so I don't know if this is going to be any improvement at all for her, since her knees rest against the bodywork. She doesn't ride in the hot weather anyway so we'll see later on in the year. If it doesn't work for her, I guess we sell and find something else.

BRP did not pay for this, I paid. The panels were 667 plus tax, install was 66 at the dealer. The panels were just two part numbers, it is listed as AIR SCOOP RETROFIT KIT. The part numbers are 219800343 and ...344 for the circuit yellow panels, 4 body parts and some other items.

I'm going to complain to BRP, knowing I'll just get the usual corporate run around, but I'll get it off my chest and move on. If the wife doesn't like it when she starts riding again, we'll just move on. Life is short, we probably don't have many riding years left so I won't be losing sleep over this.

Glad it is working out for others.
    Okay, I am having the same problem!! I had the dealership replace the side panels on both the right and left side. I expected it to be much cooler when I got home, but I also used the heat gun and it tested between 161 and low 170s in various places near my leg. The right side was nice and pleasant to the touch. I rode on a warm day about 1 1/2 hour from the dealership. My panels were still too hot in places. The total cost including 2 hours of labor was $948.92. I was told it was a very elaborate kit and a lot to it. I could bite the bullet and be happy the heat issue is solved, had it been solved... but it hasn't. Also I apparently am the first 2013 ST-L that they've done this to. Also, the upper air vent is full of a hard black foam, and I'm thinking this shouldn't be blocking a vent. One of the ladies who is happy with her new panels up above doesn't have this foam showing in her upper vent area.... so..... will be posting photos and complaining to BRP as well. I'd much rather spend a hard earned $1,000 on something better!!

I needed to "vent" as well!!! I Really love my Spyder.... but this is frustrating.

Also, I don't have a friend or someone else to work on the heat issues or problems with my Spyder. I have no choice but to depend on my dealership for my solutions and work.
    Last edited by Zenagirl; 07-10-2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: to add more info

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
    I was one of the fortunate ones. I wrote two letters to BRP. I just explained that I was very frustrated and that I didn't want to do all the improvements that every one else I had tried. I also explained that I felt I shouldn't have to. After the second letter a BRP rep called me and agreed I shouldn't have to do the improvements. My dealership was helpful as far as getting the new panels put on for me but I had to do all the leg work as far as getting panel numbers, following up, etc. Please don't give up. Be persistent but nice. BRP also helped me with my defective tires. It took a little bit of my time but was well worth it. My 2014 panels are fantastic. No heat at all.
    I am so happy for you. I hope maybe by my contacting BRP that they will arrange to have more done, maybe have the guys redo the work if that is needed and possibly at least refund some of the money if not all. As you say, we shouldn't have to pay for the improvements.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I'll go along with Barbie...I feel fortunate.......BRP has worked with me for the last year or so.....I've had to fight for all BRP has done to repair my 2013 ST-L.....but this thread is about 2014 air flow panels......my panels have been perfect....reduced the heat to nothing....except normal heat when riding a motorcycle.....I have put hundreds of miles in a day...tank after tank in 100 degrees temp and no heat issue.......you guys don't give up.....send emails...call...the info is on BRP's website...the dealers are tied to BRP......go to BRP and have them work with you dealer
    My dealership told me that BRP just isn't going to foot the bill or replace the panels under warranty. The service guy said he agreed that they should, but that they weren't going to do it. Hmmmm, maybe my dealership isn't willing to work with BRP? That's why I decided to bite the bullet and paid for it and have it done....

Spyder Garage

Just got a call from my dealership. Panels are on their way, replacing them under warranty.
    Hot damn!!! Good for you! Now just HOW did you do that? Mine were just replaced this Tuesday, July 8th. and NOT under warranty.

Spyder Garage

Just saw your earlier post, will do the same. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zenagirl View Post
    Hot damn!!! Good for you! Now just HOW did you do that? Mine were just replaced this Tuesday, July 8th. and NOT under warranty.
    Honestly, I was expecting a fight with BRP. I give the credit to my dealer. They took care of it, LMK in no uncertain terms that it was the right thing to do.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Contact

I have sent 2 emails now, the first one, which was about a month ago was replied to the next day, they basically said they weren't aware of the issue and what happens in the USA doesn't nessasary happen here in New Zealand. The second email went 2 days ago, in which I stated that several spyder owners had now had this work carried out under warrant and could I have at least have a case number for me to refer back too. I'm awaiting their reply.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Spyder Garage

So cool, I expect pics. I still have a little heat on left side between bottom panel (the one you remove to add oil) and the one right above, the screw area closest to my leg.. It's just where the hot air is escaping, I bought some half chaps and now no problem at all. Panels are not hot any more!