Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: New Side panels

Spyder Garage

For Black Currant: It came as a left and right "kit". The left side was 219800347. The Right side is 219800348 (just found the part number)
    Last edited by ARCTIC; 07-05-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Smile side panel kit

Quote Originally Posted by azjerry View Post
    I know, I can't find them either but that is what is on my invoice from the dealer.

Part number Description Price
    219800343 ___1 KIT PANEL - YELLOW LH 333.99
    219800344 ___1 KIT PANEL - YELLOW RH 333.99

This was from RideNow Powersports in Surprise AZ.
    whats the chance of getting a pic or two???????

Spyder Garage

Default me too

On another note, I do notice that, sometimes, I get a little shudder on take off in 1st (SE5), and sometimes in reverse. Seems to go away when it's warmed up, but, again, only had it for 5 days.

Thought?[/QUOTE]

But it seems after a 1/4 to 1/2 mile after it starts to warm up a little it is good.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Default JT's filter

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Personally, I think it is a combination of things.

You did one main thing, the other it changing out the air intake system to the JT air filter.

Adds much needed room for air to flow!

Rides nice in 90 deg weather...you would need to tell me about 105 deg.... Ohsnap!

Works great, it solved most of the issues. I may decide to do the side panels over the winter for added cooling. I have to wait a while, already spent way more $'s on this Spyder than I intended. My Elka's just shipped yesterday, front & rear. So I think I am finished for the season with upgrades.
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by progt View Post
    whats the chance of getting a pic or two???????
    Do you want a pic of the bike with the panels or the invoice?

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

That might be hard to read. I'll post photos of the bike in a little while.

Spyder Garage

Default New panels

IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg

The new panels are the ones with the CAN AM decal and the one with the black foglight housing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Works great, it solved most of the issues. I may decide to do the side panels over the winter for added cooling. I have to wait a while, already spent way more $'s on this Spyder than I intended. My Elka's just shipped yesterday, front & rear. So I think I am finished for the season with upgrades.

Your second sentence is funny, extra cooling in the winter...

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

In post #483 I noted that when I rode home from the dealer with the new panels, the temp on the left side was 162 degrees (F) so I thought there was no improvement. It is quite hot in AZ this time of year, over 100 plus the relentless sun beating on everything. So just for fun, I parked my Nissan Xterra in the driveway in the sun this morning. It is about the same color yellow as the Spyder. In less than an hour the side of the X was 158 degrees. So I can't say the new Spyder panels won't be an improvement. I just won't be able to really find out for a few months.

Spyder Garage

I'd move

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Your second sentence is funny, extra cooling in the winter...

That did not come out right, but I think you know what I mean.
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I was wondering what the wait time from order to delivery. I paid
    In full w/2day UPS. Powersportswarehouse stated that my order is in process. It's almost 2wks no
    Last edited by ranps1; 07-05-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ranps1 View Post
    I was wondering what the wait time from order to delivery. I paid
    In full w/2day UPS. Powersportswarehouse stated that my order is in process. It's almost 2wks no

Mine took a couple weeks from Powersports warehouse also for some reason.

I think they had told me everything came in quick except for one part...and they wait to ship it all together.

Spyder Garage

What does it cost for the complete kit?

Spyder Garage

Maybe you all should try writing a nice email to BRP about the heat issues you're experiencing and that people have reported that the panels resolve their issue. It worked for Jaque Tanis.... I wouldn't count on the dealers going to bat for you. The sad truth is that it takes time for them and if they don't think that BRP will warranty it they aren't going to spend a single second doing it. As much time as everyone spends on this site talking about the issue and how to get the part numbers and where to get the best deal and etc, etc.... you could just take an afternoon off from Spyderlovers and focus that time on drafting a nice letter to send to BRP Maybe if enough emails get sent they'll open up and recall the old panels. The thing that would be the toughest is those of us who have already purchased the panels... That gets sticky
    Last edited by ARCTIC; 07-05-2014 at 12:11 PM.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

I did that. BRP just referred me to the dealer to order the panel kit. Of course, I just wrote one time, I think Jaque had extended correspondence and records of her attempts at resolving the issue. My dealer service guy told me that it seems the people who take the time and effort that Jaque did are more likely to get BRP attention and get resolution. Those like me who ask once, get ignored, just take care of it ourselves and be done with it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Spyder View Post
    What does it cost for the complete kit?
    See post #506.

Cost me 743, installed by dealer. Took just under a week for them to get the kit direct from BRP.

Spyder Garage

Default I DID

I sat here one evening a few weeks ago and typed an e-mail to BRP care. They did not care enough to respond.
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    I sat here one evening a few weeks ago and typed an e-mail to BRP care. They did not care enough to respond.
    Copy and paste it and resend another one

Spyder Garage

Default Panels

I have been following a lot of the conversations and modifications that people have made to resolve the heat issues on the 2014 STs...and was thankful that there was some relief people were getting but my bike didn't seem to get hot so I just read the posts and moved on.

Well... I didn't find mine to be hot to start with but it seems as soon as it reached about 3000 miles, it was getting hotter and hotter. I suffered through the heat without making any mods as I am not mechanical whatsoever and thought I would talk to the dealer when I took it for my 4600 mile service.

Told the dealer about the "hotness" and boiling gas issues I was having. Basically the dealer said that it was my problem, BRP knows about it and there is nothing that can be done...even though I discussed some options others were doing like wrapping pipes, removing lower panels, increasing heat shielding, etc. Still said there is ABSOUTELY NOTHING anyone can do and said "we searched the internet for you and there is nothing." Pretty cocky for a dealer who has received about $24,000 from our two Spyder family in less than a year.

Well, the day after I picked it up for the service, I went on a ride in 71 degree weather. Within 35 minutes of riding, I got a burn on my upper thigh from the intense heat coming out of the left upper panel near the gas tank. The burn turned into a third degree burn which was rather painful.

Ticked off, I called BRP Cares. Discussed it with them, they ran the vin and said there is no record whatsoever of being contacted by my dealer about the issue. They opened up a ticket and referred me back to my dealer. Dealer was ticked off that I called BRP.... made me wait three and a half weeks before getting the bike in..(I know you are thinking why take it back to the same dealer? they have a great reputation just don't want to deal with this I guess).

After it sat at the dealer for eight days, they said they took it on a short test drive, let it idle for two minutes and did a heat gun rating in the right foot well as instructed by BRP....said it was 168 degrees so that is not too hot....

I reminded them that it is not the right foot heat that I have a problem with as I ride with boots and long pants, it is the hot crotch and upper thigh heat on the left. Said we did what BRP said and that is it.

Well, my anger flew at the service manager and he ended up hanging up on me. I called BRP Cares and then while on hold waiting for the "next operator" I got buzzed in from the dealer. Said he told BRP Cares how angry I was and suddenly they are willing to try some options now. Dealer said they talked about some panels of some sort as he had never heard of them and said they won't match my bike but if they work that I can always get them painted at my expense.

I agreed to have them try anything they could as it is unrideable in temperatures above 65 degrees. I assume that these may be the panels they are referring to but who knows?

That was Thursday and today is Saturday...we will see what Monday brings as the dealer is expecting the shipment from BRP then. I will keep you updated.

Spyder Garage

What color is your bike?

Spyder Garage

Default Color

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    What color is your bike?
    Oh yeah...the color is Circuit Yellow Metallic which I know a few people on here do have the new panels and the color does match which is what leads to my biggest confusion...go figure...who knows if the dealer or BRP know what they are talking about. Maybe it is some "other panels"...we will see.
    Last edited by shoes8; 07-05-2014 at 08:51 PM.