Thread: New Side panels

Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    Should that first part number 250000069 be 250000079 instead or am I missing something?
    Yes the correct part number is 250000079 and the price is only $2.97.

Carl
    Last edited by quickster47; 03-13-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Missing "Can-Am" Decal

The dealer ordered the parts exactly as listed, but we received only 1 decal under
    $33.98
    Can-Am Decal for Yello Model 1

Am not sure if this part number consists of 2 decals which means BRP short shipped us or
    you will have to order 2 decals of this part number instead.

What is your experience on this Carl?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benggolf View Post
    The dealer ordered the parts exactly as listed, but we received only 1 decal under
    $33.98

Am not sure if this part number consists of 2 decals which means BRP short shipped us or

Opps, quantity should be two but the price shown is for two pieces. Sorry about that.

Carl

Spyder Garage

Anyone get any kind of price break for making such a large order?

Wife told me I should do this, but just seems awfully expensive.

Weissenbrunn, OberFranken, Bayern, Germany
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Decal

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    Opps, quantity should be two but the price shown is for two pieces. Sorry about that.

Carl
    Carl, you're actions on installing the 2014 air intakes got me motivated to do the same on my 2013 ST LTD. Bought the parts in America, and brought them back to Germany, where today a motorcycle friend and I installed them. Alas, the decal I got from BRP is not the right one for the metallic black panel. Is there a white decal available, or maybe even a 3D decal on the market that would look good on black? You seem to have the BRP parts figured out, which is hard for me to decipher. 'preciate your help, and your info has been a real help in getting the right parts. The black isn't the color of my STL, which is pearl white, but the new panels weren't available in that color. Actually, I like the contrast the metallic black makes to the pearl white. One more question: is there an insert to cover the new air intake available? I've already installed the "stainless steel" like inserts on all the other air intakes and wonder if there will be something similar for the new panel? Have you covered yours yet? Best from Bavaria! Rick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Rick, on the 2013 Black Currant color there are white decals I believe that have the following part number 704903435. You will need two of them. As for screens for the opening on the new panels, I do not think they have been on the market long enough to allow anyone to make some screens. And then I am not sure if anyone will ever make screens for this area.

Very glad all the part numbers worked out good for you. When you get finished post a few pictures in this thread of your completed bike.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianami View Post
    Carl, you're actions on installing the 2014 air intakes got me motivated to do the same on my 2013 ST LTD. Bought the parts in America, and brought them back to Germany, where today a motorcycle friend and I installed them. Alas, the decal I got from BRP is not the right one for the metallic black panel. Is there a white decal available, or maybe even a 3D decal on the market that would look good on black? You seem to have the BRP parts figured out, which is hard for me to decipher. 'preciate your help, and your info has been a real help in getting the right parts. The black isn't the color of my STL, which is pearl white, but the new panels weren't available in that color. Actually, I like the contrast the metallic black makes to the pearl white. One more question: is there an insert to cover the new air intake available? I've already installed the "stainless steel" like inserts on all the other air intakes and wonder if there will be something similar for the new panel? Have you covered yours yet? Best from Bavaria! Rick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 2013 RS bikes didn't get the heat complaints that the STs did...
    Isn't there quite a cutout in their side panels, that the STs lack?
    Do you think that opening that up, would help?

RS Bodywork gap.jpgST bodywork gap.jpg
    Or am I seeing something, that's really not there?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 03-31-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

On my ST-S I removed the black pieces on both sides that BRP added and it did help. Although the heat appeared to blow up through these openings and onto my thighs. Have not ridden and RS so not sure if it has the same effect or maybe it is more open on the bottom and the heat exits below.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Isn't there quite a cutout in their side panels, that the STs lack?
    Do you think that opening that up, would help?

RS Bodywork gap.jpgST bodywork gap.jpg
    Or am I seeing something, that's really not there?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Your correct Bob with the exception of some of the heat from the catalytic converter heat coming up through the vents mine really isn't too bad. Not bad enough to justify spending $700 on new panels plus the cost of having them painted , the new cat bypass that's coming may be a win win as far as heat and performance so think I'd try that first at least for my case.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianami View Post

Don't cover them and you will get more air flow.

If bugs go in there your Spyder will just eat them!

Weissenbrunn, OberFranken, Bayern, Germany
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Air flow and bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Don't cover them and you will get more air flow.

If bugs go in there your Spyder will just eat them!
    You're right, Snoopy, the air flow is more important than the bugs! Will keep them open without any covers. Just thought it would look neater with the other air intakes all covered with the steel mesh inserts that I installed. But I'm really happy with the results and hope that any heat problems will be now resolved. Best from Bavaria! Rick

Spyder Garage

$33.98

When I got pricing my dealer said this number wasn't correct?

Can someone confirm this number?

I think they said it was 704903141...close, but different?

Also wondering if there is a dealer online I can get these parts from near the cost those here are getting them for since my local dealer wanted $200 more for them? I still need to try my other dealer...

Spyder Garage

Also wondering if there is a dealer online I can get these parts from near the cost those here are getting them for since my local dealer wanted $200 more for them? I still need to try my other dealer...
    I checked it against my invoice. Part Number #704903141 is the correct one! Your dealer is right on this.

Spyder Garage

I checked it against my invoice. Part Number #704903141 is the correct one! Your dealer is right on this.

Cool, thanks. How about the quantities on the list?

I'll post what I have found in a moment w/ prices before I order...

Spyder Garage

Snoopy, don't be too upset over the price that the dealer quoted you for the new side panels.
    Remember, the price he quoted you is the delivered price and you pay only tax on top of it. If you order on line, they may charge you handling/shipping costs which will drive the price even higher.

Maybe if you ask nicely for a discount, he will do it. I will email you a copy of my invoice and you will see he isn't far off.
    Look it over carefully and remember, I had to pay for another decal.

Spyder Garage

Snoopy, don't be too upset over the price that the dealer quoted you for the new side panels.
    Remember, the price he quoted you is the delivered price and you pay only tax on top of it. If you order on line, they may charge you handling/shipping costs which will drive the price even higher.

Maybe if you ask nicely for a discount, he will do it. I will email you a copy of my invoice and you will see he isn't far off.
    Look it over carefully and remember, I had to pay for another decal.

Cool, thanks!

Do you have my email? I don't remember. lol

Spyder Garage

I checked it against my invoice. Part Number #704903141 panels per sides the i thought we onlycorrect one! Your dealer is right on this.
    He'll ... I'm trying to order parts and my parts manager says your list shows 3 panels per side, I thought we only needed 2 per side. ?

Spyder Garage

Just ordered online...

$200 cheaper than posted here, $400 cheaper than my dealer quoted me.

Free shipping for large order...

Ordered from here....

http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...s?aribrand=BRP

We'll see...

Spyder Garage

The dealer was correct. The 2013 yellow CAN AM decal is 704903141.

There are several online parts suppliers that are SL sponsors on the home page.

You can lookup the part numbers for yourself if you want it's not hard. It can be done on BRP's web site http://epc.brp.com/SiteMods/BRP_Publ...822.1377877711

2018 F3 LIMITED

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    Yes the correct part number is 250000069 and the price is only $2.97.

Carl
    I could not find 250000069...only 250000079...I'll look again...waiting to look...in person the Steel black color ...vs the white temps ...outside

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I could not find 250000069...only 250000079...I'll look again...waiting to look...in person the Steel black color ...vs the white temps ...outside

Okay, made the same mistake twice. Correct part number is 250000079Duh!!!

Hard to believe that I looked it up twice, checked it three times and still made the same dumb typing mistake. Sorry!!!

Carl

Spyder Garage

I never make mistakes.

Spyder Garage

I never make mistakes.
    And I'm right all the time............when my wife lets me be!

Spyder Garage

I think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering. I found a good reasonable priced painter and a BRP rep is going to get back with me Monday. I know Carl hasn't had a hot day to test it yet but it's got to be an improvement!