Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: New Side panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zenagirl View Post
    My dealership told me that BRP just isn't going to foot the bill or replace the panels under warranty. The service guy said he agreed that they should, but that they weren't going to do it. Hmmmm, maybe my dealership isn't willing to work with BRP? That's why I decided to bite the bullet and paid for it and have it done....

No way our dealerships around here would help the customer get this done under warranty...well maybe if you're best friends w the dealerships owner.

Spyder Garage

Okay, I am having the same problem!! I had the dealership replace the side panels on both the right and left side. I expected it to be much cooler when I got home, but I also used the heat gun and it tested between 161 and low 170s in various places near my leg. The right side was nice and pleasant to the touch. I rode on a warm day about 1 1/2 hour from the dealership. My panels were still too hot in places. The total cost including 2 hours of labor was $948.92. I was told it was a very elaborate kit and a lot to it. I could bite the bullet and be happy the heat issue is solved, had it been solved... but it hasn't. Also I apparently am the first 2013 ST-L that they've done this to. Also, the upper air vent is full of a hard black foam, and I'm thinking this shouldn't be blocking a vent. One of the ladies who is happy with her new panels up above doesn't have this foam showing in her upper vent area.... so..... will be posting photos and complaining to BRP as well. I'd much rather spend a hard earned $1,000 on something better!!

I needed to "vent" as well!!! I Really love my Spyder.... but this is frustrating.

Also, I don't have a friend or someone else to work on the heat issues or problems with my Spyder. I have no choice but to depend on my dealership for my solutions and work.

It is too bad you don't have someone near you to help w some other simple mods that would help make the panels even more efficient.

Spyder Garage

Question Oh what to do.....

My dealer just told me they can order the panel kits with no problem, for $700 plus 60 bucks labor.... I took my credit card out of my wallet, ready to bite the bullet....but then I thought, "Wait", this is just not right.....".

Now I have the dilemma of immediate gratification or starting my battle with BRP in the hopes that I might be "one of the lucky ones". Dang it! I soooo want a cooler ride, no more riding with my legs out like a chicken. No more burn marks on them either! I just can't wait! So my question is will I have buyers remorse if I don't even try to spin the wheel with BRP? Any thoughts?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay, I am having the same problem!! I had the dealership replace the side panels on both the right and left side. I expected it to be much cooler when I got home, but I also used the heat gun and it tested between 161 and low 170s in various places near my leg. The right side was nice and pleasant to the touch. I rode on a warm day about 1 1/2 hour from the dealership. My panels were still too hot in places. The total cost including 2 hours of labor was $948.92. I was told it was a very elaborate kit and a lot to it. I could bite the bullet and be happy the heat issue is solved, had it been solved... but it hasn't. Also I apparently am the first 2013 ST-L that they've done this to. Also, the upper air vent is full of a hard black foam, and I'm thinking this shouldn't be blocking a vent. One of the ladies who is happy with her new panels up above doesn't have this foam showing in her upper vent area.... so..... will be posting photos and complaining to BRP as well. I'd much rather spend a hard earned $1,000 on something better!!

I needed to "vent" as well!!! I Really love my Spyder.... but this is frustrating.

Also, I don't have a friend or someone else to work on the heat issues or problems with my Spyder. I have no choice but to depend on my dealership for my solutions and work.
    Post a picture of the blocked vent. The panels are stupidly easy to install. The toughest part is getting the decals straight. I can stick my hand in the opening of my vents
    Last edited by ARCTIC; 07-11-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

uploadfromtaptalk1405091397464.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Where do I go?

Hi I have written to BRP Customer Service twice using the link on the home page and cannot get even a response from them. Is there another link to connect with BRP Care? I am frustrated and have given up riding my ST-L because I am tired of being burnt on my left leg. This really sucks!
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Zenagirl,

It's very easy to remove the panel. You really can't mess it up. Try removing the panel with the foam, and then remove the foam. Could be packing material not removed. Give it a try, there's no downside for you.

And post a pic so we can see exactly what you are talking about.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NM Wrench View Post
    Hi I have written to BRP Customer Service twice using the link on the home page and cannot get even a response from them. Is there another link to connect with BRP Care? I am frustrated and have given up riding my ST-L because I am tired of being burnt on my left leg. This really sucks!
    CALL them. Email is easy to ignore. CALL.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

brp.care@brp.com
    Quote Originally Posted by NM Wrench View Post

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Made a call...

Quote Originally Posted by Spyglass View Post
    My dealer just told me they can order the panel kits with no problem, for $700 plus 60 bucks labor.... I took my credit card out of my wallet, ready to bite the bullet....but then I thought, "Wait", this is just not right.....".

Now I have the dilemma of immediate gratification or starting my battle with BRP in the hopes that I might be "one of the lucky ones". Dang it! I soooo want a cooler ride, no more riding with my legs out like a chicken. No more burn marks on them either! I just can't wait! So my question is will I have buyers remorse if I don't even try to spin the wheel with BRP? Any thoughts?
    I just called BRP and was told the heat was a "Standard characteristic" of the bike and if I wanted the new panels I would have to pay for them. I asked the woman if there was anything else I could do. She said I could call around to various dealers to see if I could find a more competitive price on the retro kits, as the dealers set their own prices. I spoke politely about the "design flaw', my misery, etc.. She kept saying "Standard characteristic"....no doubt part of a script written to address the hundreds (thousands?) of unhappy people that have called about this. I ended by saying that this whole thing is a shame and that I would not be able to recommend the bike to the many people who ask me about it on a regular basis.

I am amazed that the basic concept of good customer service - which has been the key to success for so many businesses - is still not recognized by some.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just called BRP and was told the heat was a "Standard characteristic" of the bike and if I wanted the new panels I would have to pay for them. I asked the woman if there was anything else I could do. She said I could call around to various dealers to see if I could find a more competitive price on the retro kits, as the dealers set their own prices. I spoke politely about the "design flaw', my misery, etc.. She kept saying "Standard characteristic"....no doubt part of a script written to address the hundreds (thousands?) of unhappy people that have called about this. I ended by saying that this whole thing is a shame and that I would not be able to recommend the bike to the many people who ask me about it on a regular basis.

I am amazed that the basic concept of good customer service - which has been the key to success for so many businesses - is still not recognized by some.
    Ask them if they plan to add that "characteristic" to their advertising campaign

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    Ask them if they plan to add that "characteristic" to their advertising campaign

Spyder Garage

Zenagirl, we are in the same boat as you. Paid for the upgrade and still have very hot panels. I don't have any foam blocking that I could see but still not the improvement I expected. It is my wife's bike and she hasn't ridden it yet with the new panels, so we'll see what she thinks. I attributed the heat to just a very hot day in AZ so not sure how it will be in milder weather.

Spyder Garage

Hearing this stuff to me just sets in stone that I will never buy another BRP product after I get rid of this Spyder I have now.

I'm happy about where I personally got my Spyder, but not again....

Spyder Garage

Default Well I'm Finally Biting the Bullet!

Yep! I have decided to make “Quick Silver” Happy and give her a New and Very Cool Look! And also hopefully give me a little relief.

I See Good Posts and Bad about the 2014 Panels, and I have decided that I have to try and fix it! Just too hot here in Fl. I Love my 2013 Spyder ST-S, But I Need Heat Relief! I just keep thinking of all that heat around the engine all the time, and with nowhere to go, and not much room for fresh air to get in. And how hard that must be on the engine and all the internal parts to be that hot all the time. So I had my Dealer order the kit Lamont posted about Pure Magnesium (Metallic) LH Kit 219 800 341 and RH Kit 219 800 342! (He’s going to put the order in on Monday 7-13-2014) Don't know what it is going to Cost me yet. And I really don't care! I just need the some Relief from the Heat! My dealer gave me a quote a while back for about 800.00 to 850.00 Just for the parts. I'm hoping the Kit is Cheaper! I will install it myself, and hope it helps! I’ve invested a lot of money into her and I think it’s the right thing to do to protect my investment!
    Wish Me Luck!

And Good Ryding Ya’all!
    Kubie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How did you guys install the foil specifically on the right hand side? Mines holding the panel out some so it rubs against the top panel a bit. And didn't know if the foil was maybe installed wrong or if that's just how it is
    uploadfromtaptalk1405293847820.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kubie View Post
    Yep! I have decided to make “Quick Silver” Happy and give her a New and Very Cool Look! And also hopefully give me a little relief.

I See Good Posts and Bad about the 2014 Panels, and I have decided that I have to try and fix it! Just too hot here in Fl. I Love my 2013 Spyder ST-S, But I Need Heat Relief! I just keep thinking of all that heat around the engine all the time, and with nowhere to go, and not much room for fresh air to get in. And how hard that must be on the engine and all the internal parts to be that hot all the time. So I had my Dealer order the kit Lamont posted about Pure Magnesium (Metallic) LH Kit 219 800 341 and RH Kit 219 800 342! (He’s going to put the order in on Monday 7-13-2014) Don't know what it is going to Cost me yet. And I really don't care! I just need the some Relief from the Heat! My dealer gave me a quote a while back for about 800.00 to 850.00 Just for the parts. I'm hoping the Kit is Cheaper! I will install it myself, and hope it helps! I’ve invested a lot of money into her and I think it’s the right thing to do to protect my investment!
    Wish Me Luck!

And Good Ryding Ya’all!
    Kubie
    Parts delivered to my house from Powersportswarehouse.com were $700, not sure why people are ordering from their dealer for so much more after I have posted this multiple times

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    How did you guys install the foil specifically on the right hand side? Mines holding the panel out some so it rubs against the top panel a bit. And didn't know if the foil was maybe installed wrong or if that's just how it is
    uploadfromtaptalk1405293847820.jpg

I just centered mine in the panel and it worked fine.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Hearing this stuff to me just sets in stone that I will never buy another BRP product after I get rid of this Spyder I have now.

I'm happy about where I personally got my Spyder, but not again....

I am with you 100% on this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hulksdaddy View Post
    CALL them. Email is easy to ignore. CALL.
    If you call you'll get standard telephone reps, need to contact BRP Care directly.

Spyder Garage

Parts delivered to my house from Powersportswarehouse.com were $700, not sure why people are ordering from their dealer for so much more after I have posted this multiple times

I ordered the parts from my dealer and had them install the parts, $743 was my total. The parts were just over 6 something, plus sales tax, directly from BRP.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by azjerry View Post
    I ordered the parts from my dealer and had them install the parts, $743 was my total. The parts were just over 6 something, plus sales tax, directly from BRP.

Which parts?

The new "kits"?

Or the original list in this thread?

My price was the original list in this thread.

Spyder Garage

Yes the new kit is what I got. The individual parts as shown in previous posts would probably be higher. Sorry for the confusion.

Spyder Garage

Thanks.

Cool that the new kit is a little less expensive!

I wonder how much it is from somewhere like Powersportswarehouse.com although I haven't seen part numbers for the kit to check.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks.

Cool that the new kit is a little less expensive!

I wonder how much it is from somewhere like Powersportswarehouse.com although I haven't seen part numbers for the kit to check.
    From page 22 on this thread : http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...2013-amp-prior