Thread: Mounting GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Mounting GPS

I purchased a GPS from BRP and I am trying to mount it on my 2013 Spyder RT. I can't seem to get the cables threaded though the handlebar slot. Any help we be greatly appreciated. Also I want to try and find a repair manual. Thanks in advance. Live to Ride - Ride to Live in Tennessee...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SOME HELP

GPS ? ? ?, as for the Manual you can get them on-line from Green Manuals......THere may be others that are better ....wait and see who chimes in Mike

Spyder Garage

Default iPad Mini for GPS....

[QUOTE=mjvogt49;693492]I purchased a GPS from BRP and I am trying to mount it on my 2013 Spyder RT. I can't seem to get the cables threaded though the handlebar slot. Any help we be greatly appreciated. Also I want to try and find a repair manual. Thanks in advance. Live to Ride - Ride to Live in Tennessee...[/QUOTEH

Hi, I use my iPad Mini for my GPS, got a RAM Mount and placed it on my dashboard, plug it into the 12v outlet in my frank, works like a charm. Paco
    Chase the wind every chance you get.....! 2013 Circuit Yellow RT-SE5
    Mods: Bump Skid, foam grips; Tric-LED 3rd & 4th tail lights, Mirror turn signals, & front fender lights; CB, Shortee CB & Radio Antennas, NBV Highway Pegs, USA & CA flags on Rivco flag mounts, Black widow frunk logo, Utopia Driver backrest, Sheepskin Driver Seat pad, running & brake light license frame, Chrome Luggage Rack, Ram mount on dashboard for iPad Mini for GPS, Race Tech shocks all around.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the info.

I eventually had to loosen the handler bars, but I finally got the wires run and the GPS is hooked up and running.

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[/QUOTE]Hi, I use my iPad Mini for my GPS, got a RAM Mount and placed it on my dashboard, plug it into the 12v outlet in my frank, works like a charm. Paco[/QUOTE]

The only problem with this is when you get up in the mountains or out in the desert where there is no cell service you are SOL if you don't know where your going because the GPS is not going to work out there...lol
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod