Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Barkley

Spyder Garage

Default Lake Barkley

Who is going to Lake Barkley? Are we going to ride together? Paul and I will be leaving Friday morning(10/04/13) for Kentucky.I am ready for a long weekend.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm going

Quote Originally Posted by patty View Post
    Who is going to Lake Barkley? Are we going to ride together? Paul and I will be leaving Friday morning(10/04/13) for Kentucky.I am ready for a long weekend.
    Havent really laid out a plan yet but I'm also planning on Friday morning, let's see who else chimes in!
    ​KMORT44

Spyder Garage

Default I'm going, too.

Jackie and I are leaving Friday morning from Indianapolis. I talked with Dick (TrickieDick) the other day and he said he's going, too. Just waiting to see if we're riding down together.

Jerry
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Janet & I are going.

I know Tina(8 Legs) and Pat are planning on going and I'm sure will chime in. Also Dick574 said he is going. So we should have a good group.
    I suggest those of you from north of Indy plan on meeting and coming down to my house Friday morning. Kevin, I will tell the gatekeeper to let you in(if you are accompanied by your wife).
    Lets tentatively plan on leaving here around 10-10:30 or so(open for suggestions). I figure it's about 6 hours from my place.

Lookin forward to it.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I know myself and Indiana Pearl are going, as well as a fellow GOS member. Kevin and Dick have to go the furthest so I'll let them chime in on the time. Personally, I would like to leave earlier. Also, Dick (Dick574) and I were talking the other day and he suggested we take 29 to Indy. I'm up for that, also it will be convient to pick up Teri, GOS member, in Burlington.

If going by way of 29.........
    I imagine some of you will be meeting at the truck stop in Peru on US31 (Gallahans), from there you can take 24 to Logansport. To keep from back tracking, I can meet up with the others at Speedway in Logansport where we can top off on fuel. Teri will be waiting at a station in Burlington to hook up with us. From there we can go to Dick's house in Carmel to meet up with the others then head to Kentucky. Let me know. Ideas???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Route Suggestion

I'm fine with leaving earlier as well. If everyone can make it here earlier then we'll take off then.
    I'm thinking we can avoid the freeway as much as possible by taking 37 to Bloomington and picking up 45/445/54 over to the new I69 south of Bloomfield. From there, through Evansville and then hit 41 south before picking up 60 a few miles south of Evansville. Take that west and south to Kuttawa. It looks like about 274 miles from my house. Open to suggestions.
    http://mapq.st/15Ozpu1
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Default I"m OK with leaving early.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I'm fine with leaving earlier as well. If everyone can make it here earlier then we'll take off then.
    I'm thinking we can avoid the freeway as much as possible by taking 37 to Bloomington and picking up 45/445/54 over to the new I69 south of Bloomfield. From there, through Evansville and then hit 41 south before picking up 60 a few miles south of Evansville. Take that west and south to Kuttawa. It looks like about 274 miles from my house. Open to suggestions.
    http://mapq.st/15Ozpu1

I guess you Northern Indiana folks will determine what time we hit the road. See you soon!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I guess you Northern Indiana folks will determine what time we hit the road. See you soon!
    Hey Copperman........YOU TALKING TO ME!!!!
    ​KMORT44

Spyder Garage

By taking 29 down to Indy, we miss all the construction crap around Kokomo. Kev & Tina, should we meet at the truck stop around 8 - 8:30?
    Patty & Paul may want to meet there also. Is Jim from Peru going?

Spyder Garage

I haven't heard from Jim yet. I thought he said he was going, but I don't remember. Trickie Dick, can you call him to find out? I can meet up at Gallahans, need to contact Patty and Paul and see where to meet up with them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    I haven't heard from Jim yet. I thought he said he was going, but I don't remember. Trickie Dick, can you call him to find out? I can meet up at Gallahans, need to contact Patty and Paul and see where to meet up with them.
    I'll call Jim but the last time I talked to him he wasn't going. I'll check again though.
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Paul and i will meet you at speeway in logansport. going to galahans then to speedway we will drive right by our house again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dick574 View Post
    By taking 29 down to Indy, we miss all the construction crap around Kokomo. Kev & Tina, should we meet at the truck stop around 8 - 8:30?
    Patty & Paul may want to meet there also. Is Jim from Peru going?
    8 sounds good if that is ok for Kevin. I'll meet you at the truck stop, then Head to Logansport to pickup Patty and Paul. I still need to get with Teri and get the location in Burlington to meet up with her.

Spyder Garage

Kevin, is 8 ok with you? Will there be 1 or 2 in your party?

Spyder Garage

Kevin, is 8 ok with you? Will there be 1 or 2 in your party?
    There better be two, otherwise the guards at Trickie Dicks gated community won't allow him in. He'll just have to wait on the "outside" until we leave.

Spyder Garage

Default we are coming

Wife and I are leaving louisville area mid morning, heading through corydon, Brandenburg, hardinsburg, hartford, central city, on over to the hotel. Any southern In/louisville/cincy or lexington folks coming our way? We would love to have company.
    Troy and Alisa McDowell

Spyder Garage

Troy, I'm not sure if Cathy Hale from Madison is going or not. PM her at halesangel13 & ask her.

Spyder Garage

Default Dang

Looks like Ill have to wait outside the gated community for you guys since my wife has decided not to go but as far as meeting at Callahan's I can be there by 8:00.
    Looking forward to ryding down again this year!
    ​KMORT44

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kmort44 View Post
    Looks like Ill have to wait outside the gated community for you guys since my wife has decided not to go but as far as meeting at Callahan's I can be there by 8:00.

Kevin, your wife must be like vaporware. You talk about her but we never see her.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kevin, your wife must be like vaporware. You talk about her but we never see her.
    I agree. She must be ashamed to be seen with him.

• KatLen0405 has signed up to go as well. Does anyone know if they are riding down with us? Also 8Legs, Jim is not going. He is going ATV riding in Wisconsin that weekend.
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Talking

You guys have a safe ride and a great time!

As for me....I will be on the beach soaking up the sun in beautiful San Diego, CA!
    Yes its a rough job....but I will begrudgingly do it and take one for the team!

I may even raise my glass and toast you all!

Spyder Garage

Isn't that the best wife of all

[QUOTE=Trickie Dick;695413]I agree. She must be ashamed to be seen with him.

With my good looks and charm, how could you say such a thing

I think it has more to do with the stories I come back with, trying to explain to her that you guys really are "kinda cool".
    Maybe my sarcasm doesn't work to your advantage.

Any whoooo.....lets get this party started

Ryde on.....

Kevin
    ​KMORT44

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kmort44 View Post
    Don't worry Kevin . . . . . Tell your wife we'll take good care of you. We'll make sure NOTHING you do gets posted online for all to see. I know nothing.........

Spyder Garage

ok, to everyone in Northern Indiana, looks like we are meeting at Gallahan truck stop on US31 in Peru at 0800 and leaving soon after. We take US24 to Logansport Road and meet Petty & Paul at speedway in Logansport. From there we take 29 to Burlington to pick up Teri then off to Dicks house, where we leave Kevin at the gate. Kevin, we'll pick you up when we leave

Dick, you can lead us from there, it sounds like you have a decent route planed out. Also, if you could, will you mail me the route so I can plug it into te GPS?

See y'all soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ok, to everyone in Northern Indiana, looks like we are meeting at Gallahan truck stop on US31 in Peru at 0800 and leaving soon after. We take US24 to Logansport Road and meet Petty & Paul at speedway in Logansport. From there we take 29 to Burlington to pick up Teri then off to Dicks house, where we leave Kevin at the gate. Kevin, we'll pick you up when we leave

Dick, you can lead us from there, it sounds like you have a decent route planed out. Also, if you could, will you mail me the route so I can plug it into te GPS?

See y'all soon.
    The route is in post 6. I'm visiting the triplets but will get you the route next week if you still need it.
    I love it when a plan come together.
    Love my