Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KAPike View Post
    I couldn't agree more, an ST sitting in the garage and the driver fuming over BRP response doesn't get anyone riding. Someone needs to get their hands on a set of 2014 side panels and do some real world testing with a 2013. There has to be a progressive dealer out there that can do some in-house testing and broadcast the results and then offer a HEAT RELIEF PANEL PACKAGE. I think this is a aftermarket opportunity for someone to develop custom side panels that give the 2013 a "new" unique look and relieve some of the heat issues.

After all, what SpyderLover doesn't love a new frickle and one that really improves the ride and the value of our ride.
    This is why I made my previous statement.

"Personally, I am waiting for them to become available so I can buy a set and actually test them out on my 2013 ST-S and see if they fix the heat build up problem."

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxman View Post
    I THINK YOU MISSED THE BOAT HERE. I AM TALKING ABOUT IF BRP DOES NOT FIX THIS POTENTIAL SERIOUS BODILY INJURY OR WORSE SITUATION WHICH THEY ADMIT IS A HAZARD AND DESIGN FLAW AND IT IS THE CAUSE OF AN ACCIDENT, DISABILITY OR DEATH, THE INJURED PARTIES WILL SUE, WOULD NOT YOU? JUST AS YOU WOULD OR ANY SANE PERSON WOULD TAKE LEGAL ACTION. YOUR ENTIRE REPLY GOES ON ABOUT WHO IS COMPLAINING AND ABOUT WHAT. MINE ARE THE FACTS CONCERNING LIABILITY, BRP ADMITS IT IS A FIRE HAZARD!!!! NEED ANYTHING MORE BE SAID? I WILL NOT READ ANY FURTHER REPLIES ON THIS SUBJECT, NOR REPLY TO THEM. THE FACTS ARE CLEAR, NO ONE IS THREATING LEGAL ACTION ONLY IF IT IS CALLED FOR BY PRODUCT DESIGN FAULTS THAT CAUSE ACCIDENTS, INJURY OR WORSE. LIKE I SAID EITHER YOU GET IT OR YOU DON'T. LIKE I ALSO SAID, I WILL NOT READ OR REPLY TO ANYTHING FURTHER SAID ON THIS SUBJECT.
    Hmm....looks like a problem solved.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxman View Post
    I THINK YOU MISSED THE BOAT HERE. I AM TALKING ABOUT IF BRP DOES NOT FIX THIS POTENTIAL SERIOUS BODILY INJURY OR WORSE SITUATION WHICH THEY ADMIT IS A HAZARD AND DESIGN FLAW AND IT IS THE CAUSE OF AN ACCIDENT, DISABILITY OR DEATH, THE INJURED PARTIES WILL SUE, WOULD NOT YOU? JUST AS YOU WOULD OR ANY SANE PERSON WOULD TAKE LEGAL ACTION. YOUR ENTIRE REPLY GOES ON ABOUT WHO IS COMPLAINING AND ABOUT WHAT. MINE ARE THE FACTS CONCERNING LIABILITY, BRP ADMITS IT IS A FIRE HAZARD!!!! NEED ANYTHING MORE BE SAID? I WILL NOT READ ANY FURTHER REPLIES ON THIS SUBJECT, NOR REPLY TO THEM. THE FACTS ARE CLEAR, NO ONE IS THREATING LEGAL ACTION ONLY IF IT IS CALLED FOR BY PRODUCT DESIGN FAULTS THAT CAUSE ACCIDENTS, INJURY OR WORSE. LIKE I SAID EITHER YOU GET IT OR YOU DON'T. LIKE I ALSO SAID, I WILL NOT READ OR REPLY TO ANYTHING FURTHER SAID ON THIS SUBJECT.
    Well that's good news!! We won't have to listen to any more SHOUTING
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2013 ST-L

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    When cooler weather prevails this may no longer be an issue?????? that is not a fix...cause then it will show it's ugly face when the temps heat up and we will have many more miles and more damage to everything under the tupperware
    Charlyne you read my mind! The longer we wait the less change of getting things resolved.

Cathy

Spyder Garage

With the weather cooling all we can do is hope BRP has the info they need to come up with something for the 2013's...

And hope they're the kind of company we all expect them to be.

I keep hearing (from BRP) that there's something coming for us... fingers crossed.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pokerpaul View Post
    One more question. I was going to have the dealer install fog lights (I'm to lazy to do it and they are only charging me $30 labor, and from what I have seen about the install, its worth it) Do you think that this will effect the air flow since the stock bezel which has a hole there, maybe for air flow, now has a fog light there? Was thinking this might make the heat problem worse and maybe I should not get the fog lights installed.
    I have an ST-L with the fog lights installed. I installed them the day I pick up the Spyder so I can not tell you if it increased the heat or not since it was only 40 out that day. Do I have heat - yes- but not the kind that is melting anything and it doesn't feel any hotter then the 2011 RT-S that I demo'ed the summer before.
    The one thing none of us can tell you is if the one you are looking at will be like Flamingobabe's (excessive heat issues) or like mine (very little).

Good luck with your choice and like Red Grean says "We're pulling for you!
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I installed my own fog lights but did ryde it for about 200 miles before doing the install. And personally could tell no difference before and after.

And from looking at all the pieces parts, the air that would have traveled through the openings would never have made it back to where the heat build up is occurring.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Default Heat problems

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    It needs to be on BRP's nickel not mine....I paid 25k BRP needs to make this right

I am with you all the way!! The solutions need to be on BRP's nickel. We paid way to much for these rides to be dealing with these problems.