Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FEEL RIPPED OFF

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    I have watched BRP since their newest offering was a the 335 Olympique ski-doo.
    In other words, a long time.

This is what I can say about them.
    They have shortcomings.
    But, they always pull through in the end.
    They are slow, and sometimes ponderous.
    But they will address all the issues and fix them.

I have no connection with them.
    you don't by any chance still have that 335 do you? i'm looking for one in good shape to use for the vintage rides up on tug hill. like to find one in good shape. found a lot of them, but all clunkers!!

Spyder Garage

I learned a long time ago to never buy the first year for anything with a motor in it. The factory will always come out with "new and better" things, that what keeps us coming back to buy another one. If BRP didn't make any changes why other than high miles would you buy another new one? Just enjoy what you have and upgrade as often as you wallet will allow. My wife and I plan to enjoy our new 2013 RT Limited for at least 3 year, after that we will either up our warrantee or buy new again. As much as these things cost to fix and maintain I'd like to keep one under warrantee if possible. Ride on, be happy with what you have and be safe.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Satisfied!

I've wanted an Rt for a couple years, then a few weeks ago an opportunity with a terrific price on the metallic yellow '13 popped up, and we did the deed. No regrets here. We are at that time in our lives when each day is more precious than the day before and that '13 spyder has already added much enjoyment to the quality of our daily living.
    Sure, we thought about waiting for the new '14, but I know what's wrong with this one and tomorrow it gets corrected. Bet there will be a few snafus to work out in the 2014 in its first production year, but, in the meantime, we are tooling around the countryside enjoying what we have, and spending what we saved on nice motels, and good food and wine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vrooom View Post
    I've wanted an Rt for a couple years, then a few weeks ago an opportunity with a terrific price on the metallic yellow '13 popped up, and we did the deed. No regrets here. We are at that time in our lives when each day is more precious than the day before and that '13 spyder has already added much enjoyment to the quality of our daily living.
    Sure, we thought about waiting for the new '14, but I know what's wrong with this one and tomorrow it gets corrected. Bet there will be a few snafus to work out in the 2014 in its first production year, but, in the meantime, we are tooling around the countryside enjoying what we have, and spending what we saved on nice motels, and good food and wine.
    Well said!!

What's happening here is probably the same thing that all those Gold Wing 1000 riders experienced when they purchased one year only to find out the following year came the 6 cylinder Gold Wing!!!

I had to take a little than longer lunch hour today to just ride, and realize what a great machine my 2013 RT-S is! And, we rode 350 miles yesterday. My Wife loves it as much as I do.

By the way; I have no intention of test riding a 2014 RT-S. I really don't think I need more power or another gear. Would I like those things, and what other niceties the new model offers? Most likely, yes. But, I'm quite happy right now.
    Last edited by Greg H.; 09-16-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    - Greg

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Previously owned...

2008 Spyder GS (Full Moon) 32,800 miles
    2011 Spyder RS-S (Magnesium/Black) 31,230 miles

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Greg H. View Post
    Well said!!

What's happening here is probably the same thing that all those Gold Wing 1000 riders experienced when they purchased one year only to find out the following year came the 6 cylinder Gold Wing!!!

I had to take a little than longer lunch hour today to just ride, and realize what a great machine my 2013 RT-S is! And, we rode 350 miles yesterday. My Wife loves it as much as I do.

By the way; I have no intention of test riding a 2014 RT-S. I really don't think I need more power or another gear. Would I like those things, and what other niceties the new model offers? Most likely, yes. But, I'm quite happy right now.
    cryi
    I said the same thing when the 2013s came out. I probably still wouldn't have ridden one if my 2010 hadn't let me down. But if I still had the 2010 I am pretty sure that I would be trading it in on the 2014. If I still had the 2013 I might be crying today.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    cryi
    I said the same thing when the 2013s came out. I probably still wouldn't have ridden one if my 2010 hadn't let me down. But if I still had the 2010 I am pretty sure that I would be trading it in on the 2014. If I still had the 2013 I might be crying today.
    Ann:
    As I mentioned to Erick a few minutes ago; if I had stuck to my original plan of trading in November, then my next Spyder would have been the 2014. But; things worked out to allow me to buy sooner. And, I asked about possible changes. But, all the dealer knew was that since the changes were made on the 2013s, only the colors might change for 2014. Surprise!!!!! ALL NEW !!
    Yeah! I'm a bit bummed reading about the 2014s, and realizing that if I had waited... I would be getting a 2014 RT-S. But, I had no idea, as nobody did. Dwelling on it can make me crazy!

I am really not interested in taking one for a test ride when they come out. And, it will be, most likely, at least 3 years before I buy another. So; it's best to just be damned happy! And,... forget about the 2014 RT-S. Yay!

Make no mistake. I love my 2013 RT-S.
    - Greg

Previously owned...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Pioneers we are...

Honestly, I am not aware of any vehicle made that doesn't have issues. This is new technology, we put 600 miles on our 2013 SPYDER this weekend and couldn't be happier. The only "drawback" is making time to speak to the crowd this thing causes...gas stations, hotel, "thumbs-up" from people passing on the roadway all because it's something different.

Like any new technology there will be a few bugs to work out...embrace being a pioneer!

Bogeyjoe

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Nice avatar Ann.
    It seems to have gone from yellow, flames, to white.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyjoe View Post
    Honestly, I am not aware of any vehicle made that doesn't have issues. This is new technology, we put 600 miles on our 2013 SPYDER this weekend and couldn't be happier. The only "drawback" is making time to speak to the crowd this thing causes...gas stations, hotel, "thumbs-up" from people passing on the roadway all because it's something different.

Like any new technology there will be a few bugs to work out...embrace being a pioneer!

Bogeyjoe
    Get used to people approaching you, Joe! I have worked in the same small town (outside Memphis) for 12 years. I have been riding Spyders nearly 5 years. At least 3 times (or more) a week, I still get stopped, and asked about the Spyder.
    - Greg

Previously owned...

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Vrooom;689754]I've wanted an Rt for a couple years, then a few weeks ago an opportunity with a terrific price on the metallic yellow '13 popped up, and we did the deed. No regrets here. We are at that time in our lives when each day is more precious than the day before and that '13 spyder has already added much enjoyment to the quality of our daily living.
    Sure, we thought about waiting for the new '14, but I know what's wrong with this one and tomorrow it gets corrected. Bet there will be a few snafus to work out in the 2014 in its first production year, but, in the meantime, we are tooling around the countryside enjoying what we have, and spending what we saved on nice motels, and good food and

My wife says she likes the way that you think.

Spyder Garage

Default Take it Back

Quote Originally Posted by RBS66 View Post
    Hello I purchased my 2013 RT 23 days ago. i was not a member of this forum when I purchased mybike. I was looking at Honda trikes and Harley-Davidson trikes. I started to research the spyder On Can am website and YouTube videos. Then I went to my local dealer and test drove one and I was hooked. Since I purchased my bike and became a member of this forum I learned of a lot of issues the 2013 are having. Also my highbeam does not work my air ride suspension has a slow leak plus the master cylinder recall and the bike can burst into flames. I am starting to second-guess my purchase. Where I feel ripped off is I asked my local dealer if there was going to be any major changes for 2014 and he said not that he knew. I did save some money on my bike because it was an end of year sale. But when you're spending that kind of money a couple thousand dollars more is not really an object to me when I'm going to get a better product after seeing the 2014 line up.
    Sorry for your predicament. Ask the dealer what he would charge you to upgrade to a 14. Yes, it will cost you some $, but it might be worth it. The dealer had no way of knowing the details of the major changes coming. The bike won't burst into flames after the recall parts are installed. (unless NHTSA AND BRP both screwed up big time).

Any time we buy a new vehicle, we take a risk of the next model being better.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I feel so lost and alone with my 2010 as it sits at the dealer with a clutch problem as I pray I get it back in time for Spyderquest on Thursday. (sniff!) I need a hug.

Spyder Garage

Everyone... Please don't get me wrong I love my spyder. It's an awesome ride and my wife and I both enjoy it. With the 2014s it is not the new technical specs or that it is better. I am just worried about the heat safety issues. It is going in this week for the recall. I look forward to riding his bike for many more years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mindman View Post
    I feel so lost and alone with my 2010 as it sits at the dealer with a clutch problem as I pray I get it back in time for Spyderquest on Thursday. (sniff!) I need a hug.
    I slept in the garage with mine the first night I had it:-)

Spyder Garage

Default I'm lost

I have a 2013 RTS spyder and I'm not having any heat problems. The spyder runs great is fun to ride and we enjoy the heck out of it. so I guess either I'm one of the luck ones or I'm missing something. As far as up grades; I hope they always make upgrades to the spyder each year. That is part of the development process.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mindman View Post
    I hope you get it back too, but if you don't maybe Bob Denman can give you a ride in his wife's Mini Cooper

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Even with the few issues I've had, I love my RT and will ride it until one of us wears out . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

We have a 2012 RT Limited with 14,000 miles on it and a 2013 ST-S with 2,000 miles on it and neither of them have had any problems. I think it tends to be the ol' bell curve syndrome where 75% of them are good or better than good, 5% are way above average and then there are the ones that are 3 sigma and 6 sigma out that are laden with problems. And those 3 and 6 sigma folks tend to visit the forums and post there hearts out about had bad these things are.

Just my observations from SpyderLovers and several other forums.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Default Just Chill and Enjoy!!

Everyone... Please don't get me wrong I love my spyder. It's an awesome ride and my wife and I both enjoy it. With the 2014s it is not the new technical specs or that it is better. I am just worried about the heat safety issues. It is going in this week for the recall. I look forward to riding his bike for many more years.
    As many here have already advised, quit worrying about the heat issues and go enjoy your ryde!! You want to be smart in life and avoid unnecessary risks (like not wearing a helmet when ryding), but most of the things we worry about in life never happen, and when they do, you find a way to overcome!! If your spyder develops a problem, get it fixed and get back on the road. Until then, quit obsessing and have fun!!

You never know, a sinkhole could open under your house, that salad you ate tonight could contain cyclospora, an electrical short could start a house fire, someone dear to you could get sick, an airplane could crash in your yard....on and on and on.

Fretting and worrying won't keep any of these from happening. You bought a great bike. It's crammed full of safety features, but it's not perfect. Nothing is. If you want to be absolutely safe, stay in bed all day...but wait, what's that lurking in the closet????

Seriously, just ryde and chances are, you'll be fine!!!

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm kinda in the same boat, I just got my 13 RT-S last Tuesday and it's not got 250 miles yet. The fire recall delayed my delivery by 3 days and I was not happy cause I wanted my new toy! I wouldn't worry too much about the 14 model with a completely new engine design i'd give it a few years to make sure they got it squared away. Besides if you just got your 13 the dealer should have gave you a killer deal to move out old inventory. I got $3000 off (yellow tag sale) and the 5 year warranty. That will take me well up into "upgrade" time for the new 3 cylinder model, by then they will have a V4 in them

Spyder Garage

Thanks to everybody for all the positive feedback. I feel much better about my ride Now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I hope you get it back too, but if you don't maybe Bob Denman can give you a ride in his wife's Mini Cooper
    It'll be the red one, with a white roof, and all of the racing stripe...
    And Mighty Mouse on the rear hatch!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Damn! I'm going to have to change my pictures around a bit...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default heat

For you guys who have been ridding big twin two wheelers,have you forgotton how hot they get.As I have said befor,My 1300 cc yamahaw gets a lot hotter than the 13RTS spyder.

Spyder Garage

Hello I purchased my 2013 RT 23 days ago. i was not a member of this forum when I purchased mybike. I was looking at Honda trikes and Harley-Davidson trikes. I started to research the spyder On Can am website and YouTube videos. Then I went to my local dealer and test drove one and I was hooked. Since I purchased my bike and became a member of this forum I learned of a lot of issues the 2013 are having. Also my highbeam does not work my air ride suspension has a slow leak plus the master cylinder recall and the bike can burst into flames. I am starting to second-guess my purchase. Where I feel ripped off is I asked my local dealer if there was going to be any major changes for 2014 and he said not that he knew. I did save some money on my bike because it was an end of year sale. But when you're spending that kind of money a couple thousand dollars more is not really an object to me when I'm going to get a better product after seeing the 2014 line up.
    As long as you're not having any problems, just keep riding. It's not like all the '13's suddenly burst into flame. If things are going well, enjoy the bike!
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Very happy with my 2013.

Chris