Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I love my RSS but a faster more sport like ride I think is what were talking about toning down the VSS system so it can be riden like a sport bike, accelerating out of a turn and cracking the throttle and have nanny kick in when the computer think the bike is out of sorts. Maybe the dealer too tweak the system a little.

Spyder Garage

I am not dissatisfied with my RS-S. I just hate to see the model ignored. And I agree with the price problem mentioned earlier. How Many sport bikes do you see on the street that cost $18,000. There may be a lot of RT's around, but I personally do not want one. If BRP wants to sell more of the RS models they need to make them appeal to the younger riders. That is a very large part of the market that the spyder does not currently appeal to. It is also the demographic that is going to be the future of the RT crowd What I am seeing here is an opening for another company to come in and find a niche in the market Can Am created.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Guess RS crowd doesn't rate

Agreed. I certainly am satisfied with my RSS.
    As others (including myself) have noted, focus (as of late) is not towards the RS/RSS lineup and improvement (based on RS/RSS rider feedback). It is based on revenue.

BRP's revenue (roadster) primarily comes from the touring demographic.

Of course those of you who ride or are looking to ride that model/s (Touring) are more than happy.

Why wouldn't you be? You're being looked after.
    Last edited by Derek Paisley; 09-16-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've spent over 3 years adding farkles to make my 09 GS the ride I want...It's never let me down, have everything possibly made regarding add-ons and it runs like a dream....Nothing about the 2014's excites me with the exception of the additional miles between fill ups...Maybe I'll transition to one of the ST's or RT's but it's not calling me at the moment...I love my ride....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I am not dissatisfied with my RS-S. I just hate to see the model ignored. And I agree with the price problem mentioned earlier. How Many sport bikes do you see on the street that cost $18,000. There may be a lot of RT's around, but I personally do not want one. If BRP wants to sell more of the RS models they need to make them appeal to the younger riders. That is a very large part of the market that the spyder does not currently appeal to. It is also the demographic that is going to be the future of the RT crowd What I am seeing here is an opening for another company to come in and find a niche in the market Can Am created.

Just sayin'............

Very well said.

The Can-am Spyder is becoming synonymous with "the Mature demographic".

Here's hoping the faith shown towards BRP R&D will come to fruition as it pertains to the RS/RSS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    For sure it was needed in the RT. The RS is the sport version of the Spyder, most sportbikes are 600cc with some 1000cc and a few 1300cc. The RS already has the upper end size wise. There are no true touring bikes that are 998cc. Even 1300cc is on the small size.
    Indeed.

My last two wheeler was a Yamaha V-Star 1300T...and lot of people considered it a "small" bike.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail View Post
    I too think that the RS-S should have gotten the larger motor, Its the sportbike variant, it's supposed to be the most powerful, quickest bike in the lineup. I Can see why the RT with all its extra bloat needs the larger motor, but they should have just done an upgrade all across the board.
    To me, it's pretty obvious why they went with the RT first. Who knows, an upgrade to the GS's and ST's could be coming up in the near future.
    Phil

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxman View Post
    WOW HOW UGLY CAN YOU GET, IT WOULD MAKE ANYTHING, MOTORCYCLE, CAR , BOAT, SPYDER ANYTHING WITH AN ENGINE LOOK TERRIBLE! IF IT DON'T HAVE THE LOOKS, WHO CARES IF IT COOKS!!! I HAVE A 2013 ST WITH THE K&N FILTER, POWER COMMANDER, SHOT GUNNER EXHAUST AND IT DYNOED AT 110 HP AND IT HAS THE LOOKS, I WILL GLADLY GIVE UP 30+ MORE HP THAN PUT THAT UGLY TURBO SYSTEM ON MY SPYDER. I HAVE A GRAND NATIONAL WITH STAGE 2 MOTOR AND BIG TURBO AND IT HAS CLASS AND LOOKS GOOD, PUTS OUT 747 REAR WHEEL HP. I GUESS IF POWER IS ALL YOU CARE ABOUT THEN BY ALL MEANS MAKE YOUR SPYDER UGLY.
    Why are you yelling?
    Phil

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Paisley View Post
    Agreed. I certainly am satisfied with my RSS.
    . . . Of course those of you who ride or are looking to ride that model/s (Touring) are more than happy. Why wouldn't you be? You're being looked after.
    We are? Are they giving me a new 2014 RT to replace my 2013 RT? No one is being "looked after" more than anyone else who currently owns a Spyder. Folks in the market for a new Spyder RT are looking at close to $30,000 for the pleasure. How do you feel that "those of you who ride . . . that model . . . (Touring) are more than happy"? Your logic escapes me.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    K,
    So you're crossing over to, "The Dark Side"??

Welcome to the PARTEEE!

Been planning on it since I sold Knight. But I decided to wait on the 14's announcement just in case there was a change......and boy am I glad I waited.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

While many sport bikes have 1000cc engines and smaller, they also don't have a 700lb curb weight.
    The RS-S needs a larger engine (option) for people who want real sports performance.

That said, I find this interesting.
    BRP launched a new SeaDoo (The Spark) with the Rotax 990 in it...
    And then launched a updated Spyder RT with an inline 3-cyl Rotax 1330....

The 1330 inline is what is in my current SeaDoo...
    They also reduced the price of the RS,while introducing the cheaper SeaDoo Spark

This leads me to believe:
    1) They are trying to maximize re-use of components across their entire product line and
    2) Get their pricing down a bit on the low end

I love my RS-S even though its been in the shop for transmission issues 3 times in the last month (ARGGG), but even I feel like it costs way too much for what it is...

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Nothing here that would make me spring for a new model. Last year the RS HP was reduced by 8.
    And premium fuel needed,
    I'm happy with my '09 GS SM5,

Bill

Spyder Garage

Premium fuel works better.....but it's not needed.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I wouldn't be to worried about it... It just gives us another year or two to put some miles on the reliable equipment that we already have.
    Let the RT peeps work out all the bugs for us....
    yea I am with that one !

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Spyder Garage

Otter I could not agree more. I can only hope BMW or someone else does a three wheeler that is sleek and powerful. I suspect 2014 is the tombstone before they bury the RS.
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    While many sport bikes have 1000cc engines and smaller, they also don't have a 700lb curb weight.
    The RS-S needs a larger engine (option) for people who want real sports performance.

That said, I find this interesting.
    BRP launched a new SeaDoo (The Spark) with the Rotax 990 in it...
    And then launched a updated Spyder RT with an inline 3-cyl Rotax 1330....

The 1330 inline is what is in my current SeaDoo...
    They also reduced the price of the RS,while introducing the cheaper SeaDoo Spark

This leads me to believe:
    1) They are trying to maximize re-use of components across their entire product line and
    2) Get their pricing down a bit on the low end

I love my RS-S even though its been in the shop for transmission issues 3 times in the last month (ARGGG), but even I feel like it costs way too much for what it is...

Ummmm....no.

The new seadoo spark is NOT the rotax 990. It is an inline 900 ACE motor that has been in the sleds.
    Also, Your seadoo does NOT have a 1330 ACE motor. If it's a 4 stroke it's a 1503 4tec and can be anywhere from 130-260hp depending on what it's in.... That 1503 motor has been around now since late 02' and has been a pretty solid powerplant.

Ironically, this is the first year that seadoo and skidoo have shared a motor configuration since the 2-stroke days, or early 2000's....and the first time ever that's it's been a 4 stroke that's been shared.

The spyder rotax v990 is shared with a handful of Aprilia motorcycles.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Ummmm....no.

The new seadoo spark is NOT the rotax 990. It is an inline 900 ACE motor that has been in the sleds.
    Also, Your seadoo does NOT have a 1330 ACE motor. If it's a 4 stroke it's a 1503 4tec and can be anywhere from 130-260hp depending on what it's in.... That 1503 motor has been around now since late 02' and has been a pretty solid powerplant.

Ironically, this is the first year that seadoo and skidoo have shared a motor configuration since the 2-stroke days, or early 2000's....and the first time ever that's it's been a 4 stroke that's been shared.

The spyder rotax v990 is shared with a handful of Aprilia motorcycles.
    BRP could up the HP on the 990 By numerous HP if they Feel like it?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dochands View Post
    Otter I could not agree more. I can only hope BMW or someone else does a three wheeler that is sleek and powerful. I suspect 2014 is the tombstone before they bury the RS.

seriously?

do auto companies replace/upgrade every model of every car they make every year? no?

the RT was lacking certain things and they addressed that problem first

guess what comes next?

oh, and BMW and other companies do make trikes, but they are not approved for the US (yet), and, they cost around $90,000.00

the other models
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Quote Spyderman60:I don't know how old you are bro, but this old fart here is 62!
    LOL!! That comment was directed at otter28169!
    62 huh? I only got three years on you, mate at 65.....
    but hey, who's counting!! Keeping my knees in the breeze!
    (Well, trying anyhow!!)
    I am not sure where that puts me at 78. I know Dick is older, if he is still riding from Spyderfeast a year ago.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner