Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I love what I am seeing but I usually will not buy the first model year of anything. However, kudos to anyone who does. That motor sounds exactly like what I want. Lamont, my wife asked about how it sounds. A smoother purr getting closer to the sound of a Wing?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lamonster: any idea on pricing on the sport fender, and can the new RS-S panels be retrofitted to an older RSS?

Spyder Garage

Have to admit that I do like the changes, more torque, better range and better air flow. It's nice that BRP "tested the engine for 3 yrs". I hope those that buy have good luck. I was under the impression that they may have "tested the airflow" on the 2013s before they were sent to new homes, but I must have been WRONG!

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy riding my RT, but I am a bit concerned that my $30M investment will probably tank, now that BRP ADMITS there WAS a bit of an air flow/heat problem. I understand that improvements are made each year, but why do I feel as tho I have purchased a 2013 CHEVETTE????

Spyder Garage

Most everything we asked for.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    It has to be remembered that this is a fluid cooled motor and if the cooling system is adequate then no such problems should exist.
    I'm old enough to remember both the Triumph Trident and the BSA Rocket Three which both suffered center cylinder overheating problems,
    but it has to be remembered that these were air-cooled motors and even the later Triumphs in the guise of the T160V overcame the problem
    as did Laverda in Italy.
    With modern engine technology there should be absolutely no such difficulties any more than with say a modern four cylinder car engine.
    I really hope so. I would like to see this engine in the STS so that my wife wouldn't have to stop for gas so much when we go riding. She loves the STS and wants to buy one in a couple of years. An engine like this would be the cats meow if it lives up to the hype.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail View Post
    Lamonster: any idea on pricing on the sport fender, and can the new RS-S panels be retrofitted to an older RSS?
    I have not seen the pricing on the fender yet, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmbanker View Post
    I love what I am seeing but I usually will not buy the first model year of anything. However, kudos to anyone who does. That motor sounds exactly like what I want. Lamont, my wife asked about how it sounds. A smoother purr getting closer to the sound of a Wing?
    It has a very unique sound. Pretty tame compared to a v-twin.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    Have to admit that I do like the changes, more torque, better range and better air flow. It's nice that BRP "tested the engine for 3 yrs". I hope those that buy have good luck. I was under the impression that they may have "tested the airflow" on the 2013s before they were sent to new homes, but I must have been WRONG!

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy riding my RT, but I am a bit concerned that my $30M investment will probably tank, now that BRP ADMITS there WAS a bit of an air flow/heat problem. I understand that improvements are made each year, but why do I feel as tho I have purchased a 2013 CHEVETTE????
    You thought it was an investment? I thought it was a toy when I bought mine . . . still do and I still plan to have fun with it.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When will they hit the showrooms?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Color

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I can't decide between a White RTS-SM6 or a Yellow RTS-SM6. What do you think?
    Ann .... go with the white! Blank canvas to work with ... add whatever you like (wrap, paint, etc).

Best Regards .... Ann (yeah, it's me again ... with no "e")
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

maybe now is the time for BumbleBee to upgrade,,,we will see
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Now the dilemma

Was all ready to buy a 2013 Limited tomorrow but man the 2014 looks like a sure winner. Sure it's always a bit of a risk to dive into the first model year but is it really more of a risk than the 2013?

Huge price difference of course and I'm sure that the 2.9% financing won't be there. Wonder if the right mix is to buy the 2013 then trade up a year from now to the 2014 when the September sales hit?

Regardless, nice nice job by BRP.

Spyder Garage

The new RT has a 6.9 gal gas tank.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ann,
    Go for the White one; yellow didn't work out so well...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New promotion

They just bumped the promotion for older models to include a 4yr warranty while holding the financing at 2.9% and 3k in rebates.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dannyg View Post
    Was all ready to buy a 2013 Limited tomorrow but man the 2014 looks like a sure winner. Wonder if the right mix is to buy the 2013 then trade up a year from now to the 2014 when the September sales hit?

Regardless, nice nice job by BRP.
    I wouldn't touch a 2013 if they were giving them away. Way too many heat issues for 2103. Way too many improvements for 2014.

Kraig
    2012 RT SE5
    2010 RT-622 trailer
    2013 Triump Bonneville T100
    1971 Honda CT70
    1972 Honda CT70H

Spyder Garage

I'm so glad they came out with the inline 3 cylinder 1330 cc, but wish they had gone the full distance and put the inline 2300cc Triumph Rocket engine in there. My last bike was the Triumph Rocket and damn it was fast and powerful. But in all the 2014's look impressive. Lets hope the new design, engine, trans, etc meet to expectations. Time will tell but I'm impressed. Now I wish I had waited until the 2014's to buy one.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rotax builds the engines: Bombardier (now BRP), builds the toys...
    That's the way that it's worked for about fifty years.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 available ST side panels

I'm exited to see the new models! It looks like heat is being addressed, most notably with the new RT's.

Lamont, it says that the new 2014 ST side panels will improve airflow and will fit all ST models. The question that comes up in my mind is "will the owner of a 2013 ST be required to purchase new side panels to solve his/her heat problem or will this be an addition to the recall? I think that is a legitimate question.

I may be going out on a limb , but I may have a Black 2014 ST-SE5 next summer. My wife and I have been talkng about it some more.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    I'm exited to see the new models! It looks like heat is being addressed, most notably with the new RT's.

Lamont, it says that the new 2014 ST side panels will improve airflow and will fit all ST models. The question that comes up in my mind is "will the owner of a 2013 ST be required to purchase new side panels to solve his/her heat problem or will this be an addition to the recall? I think that is a legitimate question.

I may be going out on a limb , but I may have a Black 2014 ST-SE5 next summer. My wife and I have been talkng about it some more.
    I have no idea.

Spyder Garage

Default E.T.A. to local dealers? When can we expect to see them at dealers?

Is it true that the new models will be available much sooner than prior new model year Spyders?

Hey old dog, where did you read that the new side panels will fit on the 13 models?

Thanx!
    Last edited by ViperWolf; 09-15-2013 at 09:03 PM.

ViperWolf (work ryde & play ryde)
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac

Spyder Garage

may be time for traddein / trade up

Cognac here I come.....
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ViperWolf View Post
    Is it true that the new models will be available much sooner than prior new model year Spyders?
    I've heard rumors just like you but I'm not sure.

Spyder Garage

One of the reasons I purchased a 2012 was the lava bronze, I love the lava color. It would be very hard to give that up, but 6 speed, 1330 engine may be too much to not upgrade. Can you confirm with the SE6, we no longer have to worry about engine damage shifting too early. If that's the case I'm sold. Can see me in one of these next spring.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

22,999 for the base RT is what I,m thinking!! By next Nov it will be 20,000 ???

BRP has had 1500cc Triples inside JetSki Hulls for 11 Years from 155-260 HP with NO 3 Cylinder problems!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the pics

Big hats off to Lamonster and BRP

Lamonster for posting up the pics and info

And to BRP for up-grades on the RT, they needed little more power and the extra gear for the longer drives and the improved cooling.

And BIG thanks for not doing anything power plant wise and no green on the RSS this year because I would end up in divorce court when I was to tell the wife gotta trade my new bike in on a new one. Like the wheels and the improved body looks nice but colors are OK.