Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Just got back my 2013 rt with 3k miles on it for recall work, told them about the chatter in reverse and 1st gear, they checked belt tension said it was right on, their answer was most of the rt's do that also waiting for ANOTHER Air Bladder second one . Hey BRP if your reading this!!!! How About TAking Care of the 2013s problems your New customers are having!!! Not Bandaids!! Real fixes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimb57 View Post
    their answer was most of the rt's do that also waiting for ANOTHER Air Bladder second one . Hey BRP if your reading this!!!! How About TAking Care of the 2013s problems your New customers are having!!! Not Bandaids!! Real fixes.
    That was not a good answer nor the correct one for a dealership to be giving a customer.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Registered Users EnjoyingTheRyde's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimb57 View Post
    Just got back my 2013 rt with 3k miles on it for recall work, told them about the chatter in reverse and 1st gear, they checked belt tension said it was right on, their answer was most of the rt's do that also waiting for ANOTHER Air Bladder second one . Hey BRP if your reading this!!!! How About TAking Care of the 2013s problems your New customers are having!!! Not Bandaids!! Real fixes.
    When I went in with MY ST-L, the tech told me they "all do that"... So I asked "you've heard this before?" He shook his head and said "no". I shook my head and drove off... No credibility points today for you today...
    His: 2012 HD Tri Glide Ember Red/Merlot
    Hers: 2012 Can Am Spyder
    RT-S Quantum Blue Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default RT Love it Hate it

Yea you guys that are considering buying a 2014 model you may want to Think Twice All that hipe might bite you in the arse

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

wow...I posted that the noise had gone away...think I jumped the gun....took a short, 10 mile trip yesterday....made 4 stops...post office, bank, mom and mom-in-law.....the bike stared making clanking, shuttering and shaking noise again....I really think the parking brake needs to be checked...bike rpms between 1000-2000 and has started beeping at me..who knows
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 10-10-2013 at 08:19 AM.

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Default Mine too

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    wow...I posted that the noise had gone away...think I jumped the gun....took a short, 10 mile trip yesterday....made 4 stops...post office, bank, mom and mom-in-law.....the bike stared making clanking, shuttering and shaking noise again....I really think the barking brake needs to be checked...bike rpms between 1000-2000 and has started beeping at me..who knows
    I've narrowed the beeping noise to the parking brake, being engaged when I start the bike in gear, just to alert me its on. It does beep, when you throttle with it in gear and the brake on as you well know. You may have something here, as it may be the parking brake sticking or something of that nature. Mine usually shutters at first cold start, after that its fine. Could be the parking brake ?? I'll have the dealer check mine at my 4600, coming up quick.

Spyder Garage

Default tomorrow

i will find what is going on with mine tomorrow since it has been at the shop for over a week.
    Rick11Flor practicing for retirement. Everyday is a new day and I try to live it to the max.
    We (DW and I) travel to distant lands three or more months per year now looking for a Outlaw to take the Spyder along.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexAmRider View Post
    I've narrowed the beeping noise to the parking brake, being engaged when I start the bike in gear, just to alert me its on. It does beep, when you throttle with it in gear and the brake on as you well know. You may have something here, as it may be the parking brake sticking or something of that nature. Mine usually shutters at first cold start, after that its fine. Could be the parking brake ?? I'll have the dealer check mine at my 4600, coming up quick.
    The beeping happens when the parking brake is not set....pull up to a light...idle 1000-2000rpms...seem to me it beeps when it hits 1000rpms and then in a nano second the rpms will be 1800-2000rpms...I think it is trying to stall and then surge rpms...I have a SE-5 and have to be very careful cause the bike will try to surge forward...I think the shuttering, shaking, clattering at a cold start is due the brake not fully releasing wanting to check my brake cable that is wrapped to see if any melted areas

Spyder Garage

Default clatter

We have a 2013 RTS with 11,000 miles on it.I read in the manual that you could use 87 octain gas with up to 10% ethanol so over the Labor Day weekend we were on the Skyline Drive and the last two tanks I filled up with 87.This bike has always ran great but before we got home it was dying when we stopped and in general was running crappy and was clattering when we would start off. A couple of days latter we went to the dealer ship to ask the service guy what was going on.He came out so I could show him the problem.I put it in first and moved forward and then reverse.It clattered like hell.He said,look at your rpms.It was running about 900rpm.His next question was ,What gas are you running? I said 87.He said if the rpm is below 1300 they will clatter and this bike does not like 87 or ethanol.So I went to the station and filled up with 93,went to the parts store,bought a can of sea foam.That was about a 1000 miles ago,today the bike is running like new and no clatter,The gas mileage has been 32 or 33 mpg.No more 87 octain or ethanol for me.

Spyder Garage

Default bad gas or not

Quote Originally Posted by willey View Post
    We have a 2013 RTS with 11,000 miles on it.I read in the manual that you could use 87 octain gas with up to 10% ethanol so over the Labor Day weekend we were on the Skyline Drive and the last two tanks I filled up with 87.This bike has always ran great but before we got home it was dying when we stopped and in general was running crappy and was clattering when we would start off. A couple of days latter we went to the dealer ship to ask the service guy what was going on.He came out so I could show him the problem.I put it in first and moved forward and then reverse.It clattered like hell.He said,look at your rpms.It was running about 900rpm.His next question was ,What gas are you running? I said 87.He said if the rpm is below 1300 they will clatter and this bike does not like 87 or ethanol.So I went to the station and filled up with 93,went to the parts store,bought a can of sea foam.That was about a 1000 miles ago,today the bike is running like new and no clatter,The gas mileage has been 32 or 33 mpg.No more 87 octain or ethanol for me.
    i always put premium fuel and the RPM is almost always above 1200, so in conclusion mine is not doing it because of the gas or the RPM's

the dealer is replacing the Clutch pack and i hope that takes care of the problem
    Rick11Flor practicing for retirement. Everyday is a new day and I try to live it to the max.
    We (DW and I) travel to distant lands three or more months per year now looking for a Outlaw to take the Spyder along.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick11Flor View Post
    ..... the RPM is almost always above 1200 .....
    ????? The Spyder idle specification is 1350 +/- 50, so you should never see 1200 (or idle at 2000 either). If you do, there is a problem that needs to be corrected.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

i always put premium fuel and the RPM is almost always above 1200, so in conclusion mine is not doing it because of the gas or the RPM's

the dealer is replacing the Clutch pack and i hope that takes care of the problem
    My dealer did this and it did not resolve the problem. I stopped at a different dealer yesterday and they told me that they had two out of 25 units come back with the same problem. One has been resolved by replacing the "centrifical" clutch, not the clutch pack, the other is waiting on parts. They offered to take mine in as soon as they can get another centrifical clutch. If this resolves the problem, I may have found a new place for service.

Spyder Garage
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

I final got my bike back. Woods fun center did a swell job no noise so far just did about 100 miles. It is running like new like it should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Spyder Garage

See you in a few!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

I final got my bike back. Woods fun center did a swell job no noise so far just did about 100 miles. It is running like new like it should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    So the clutch pack took care of yours? Mine is getting a new centrifical clutch today! Wish us well!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Red face chattering noise

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyingTheRyde View Post
    They replaced the clutch pack and the chattering was still happening but much less prevalent. I stopped by again yesterday and the tech told me that he was 2mm off on the clutch install so he added a shim and is now waiting for o-rings/gaskets. Does this makes sense with an SE5? It should be ready Wednesday.
    I had the same issue, and at the owners event in Maggie Valley, Annie from BRP took it for a ride and determined I needed a new front sprocket and belt. Yesterday I got my bike back after the warranty fix and all is hunky dorry.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Chatter noise

I had the same issue they change the clutch on my 2013 ST-S last week and is working ok, talk to your dealer regarding making the change.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyingTheRyde View Post
    My dealer did this and it did not resolve the problem. I stopped at a different dealer yesterday and they told me that they had two out of 25 units come back with the same problem. One has been resolved by replacing the "centrifical" clutch, not the clutch pack, the other is waiting on parts. They offered to take mine in as soon as they can get another centrifical clutch. If this resolves the problem, I may have found a new place for service.
    Had same problem. Turns out was purge valve not dumping access fuel. Made bike idle at 10 to 1100 rpms. Would not shift into gear correctly causing horrible noise and clatter when trying to take off... Might check purge valve. Also noticed it was smelling like engine was running rich in fuel... This was also part of purge valve...

Just a thought u might check since this was my problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Amazing .................. Same problem .................. Different cures

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Amazing .................. Same problem .................. Different cures

Cruzr Joe
    No cure yet.... FB's bike still shutters Studders and shakes at takeoff... It sounds like the pistons are swapping holes.... ( I know that's not happening ....just a visual)

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by hotglue View Post
    No cure yet.... FB's bike still shutters Studders and shakes at takeoff... It sounds like the pistons are swapping holes.... ( I know that's not happening ....just a visual)
    Can't even emagine how frustrated you guys must be.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry...

...but I'm resurecting this thread. After a long winter nap, my 2013 ST-L went back to the shop to have the chattering worked on. So to recap the previous events, the dealer changed out my clutch pack and the chattering was still there. The next step was replacing the centrifigal clutch, no success. This week they replaced the clutch disc spring and it chattered as much if not more than it ever did after a 150 mile ride yesterday. They claim the spring was also replaced last fall. The chattering is such that you can actually see the rear sprocket shake back and forth when it happens. I've got to go back and read this entire thread again and take some notes for BRP. I do have an open case with them. Also, my dealer has been on the phone with BRP Tech Support throughout this and BRP Customer Service has been keeping in touch with me.

Please don't take this as a session because it isn't, I really enjoy my Spyder and want to get it in decent working order so if anybody has any new info, it will be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

My ST has had several things replaced...not clutch......during a rear tire replacement...noticed the wheel bearings would not turn....shaved .00010 off stabilizer bar inside axle...that helped for awhile....while at spyderfest....it started again....BRP techs looked at it twice....finally answer....there is no fix...yet...this is a priority for the techs to find a fix.....we'll see what happens at Durango

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    My ST has had several things replaced...not clutch......during a rear tire replacement...noticed the wheel bearings would not turn....shaved .00010 off stabilizer bar inside axle...that helped for awhile....while at spyderfest....it started again....BRP techs looked at it twice....finally answer....there is no fix...yet...this is a priority for the techs to find a fix.....we'll see what happens at Durango
    In between my pm to you and now, I saw hotglues fix you mention above and wondered what was up. Thanks for you response.