Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Resurrecting this thread...have been having the same problem until it gets warmed up. I was watching this thread for a solution and never really saw something conclusive. Any update? Should i start with BRP so that a ticket is opened or the dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 F3 T , Liquid Titanium

Spyder Garage

I haven't read the entire post and thread to see if this was mentioned but here is what I experienced.
    I have a 2013 RT Ltd and had quite a chatter when I backed out of garage on a cold engine and disappeared when warmed up. Checked oil and found to be quite low. Added almost a pint and chatter significantly reduced to non existent. Hope this helps.
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I never came back and responded to BRP's fix......the clutch system was replaced ....not because of any problem shifting...but BRP has found some clutch plates that were warped....after replacement and 12,000 miles...all is working great

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HuckFin View Post
    My 13 RS-S makes a shuddering sound if I take off when the engine is still cold but after that its fine. Hope its not a sign of bad things to come.
    My 2013 RT Limited does the same thing when cold, I do hope it's not a bad sign too!

Spyder Garage

Mine has chattered a bit when cold each time I back out of the garage since new. By the end of the block, it does not repeat until next time its cold. Did it since new. Did it with BRP oil, and does it now with the Valvoline synthetic.

Like every other problem I have ever presented to Mancuso, the standard 'they all do that' response was given. When something breaks, BRP can deal with it then. Likely not a real problem though. I just baby it when cold.

By way of comparison, Louise RT which is a couple months newer than mine does not exhibit this behavior so they dont ALL do it. Hers is also on Valvoline and it has nothing to do with oil level as ours are maintained correctly.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyingTheRyde View Post
    I'm hearing a chattering/ratcheting noise a when taking off. It's happening in both 1st and reverse gears and sounds like it's on the right side around the area of the floor boards. I brought it to the shop and they said they couldn't duplicate it so I duplicated it for them. They've had some difficulty with diagnosing and brought BRP in. They ended up saying they were going to replace the clutch pack. It was supposed to be ready late yesterday but I still have not heard from them as of closing time today. I'm thinking the clutch pack didn't fix it.

2013 ST Limited with the SE5 and 4000 miles... Any thoughts?
    We have 6,000 miles on ours and still chatters when it is cold, below 55 degrees or so. When the oil warms up, no more chatter. When it is cold the shifts are delayed as well. Same deal, when it warms up, no more delay. The dealer told me the oil needs to warm up then the clutch likes it better. We just put up with it. I may wait until my warranty gets closer to running out to make a fuss.

Best,
    Andy
    2013 ST Limited, SE5. Pearl White. BRP Backrest. No Mods!
    North East Illinois.

"Always in question, never in doubt".
    Blessings,
    Andrew

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Mine has chattered a bit when cold each time I back out of the garage since new. By the end of the block, it does not repeat until next time its cold. Did it since new. Did it with BRP oil.
    Same here. Just about 10000 miles on my ST Limited and it has been doing it from new. I ride 1/4 to 1/2 mile up the road and pull out at the stop sign and it is gone. Forward or reverse.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

old thread here but did a software update ever fix this problem ? 2012 RT SE chatter in 1st and reverse
    2012 RT , Bajaron plugs n wires Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chromehorse View Post
    old thread here but did a software update ever fix this problem ? 2012 RT SE chatter in 1st and reverse
    No software update COULD ever fix this problem!!

It's in the very nature of every 'wet clutch constant mesh gearbox' to a greater or lesser degree (only possibly more noticable on our highly strung machines than on some lesser machines! ) and the only 'fix' ever offered was to make the clutch plates & spring washers even heavier & stronger, producing a more aggressive 'clunk' & chatter but resulting in even less likelihood than the already quite tiny chance of it ever causing any damage.... oh, and telling riders to warm their engines & therefore the shared gearbox oil up juust a bit longer before starting off to reduce the severity!

It's just one of the undocumented features of Spyder ryding. Make sure you change your oil & filters regularly as scheduled & that you use the right oil, and get used to the clunk and the chatter, it's not going to go away, nor is it likely to ever harm anything!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!