Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default tail lights and license plate lights not working

My tail lights and license plate lights all the sudden quit working the brake lights and blinkers are working.
    I checked the fuse and it is fine so i pulled some of the back wheel liner bolts loose and looked inside I pushed the multi plugs tight together and none of them seem to be loose. anybody have any ideas?

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Check the wires they have plugs on them see if they are loose

I doubt it's a fuse check the wires going to the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    My tail lights and license plate lights all the sudden quit working the brake lights and blinkers are working.
    I checked the fuse and it is fine so i pulled some of the back wheel liner bolts loose and looked inside I pushed the multi plugs tight together and none of them seem to be loose. anybody have any ideas?

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

check other fuses. Running lights, headlights, brake lights, turn signals and emergency lights are not all on the same circuit.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Bit of a long shot, but have you checked the wire routing?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Rear-Tire-Fix

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default A COMMON OCCURANCE ? ? ?

If you have an RS / GS the wiring harness that goes down to the tail-lite had a bad habit of getting rubbe by the rear tire.....and would short......How this could effect the tailights I don't get tho......Mike ..................PS you have to remove the rear fender ( 4 visible bolts on top ) to check this .....

MT Kevin

if you have a 3rd brake light, check the diode module that is installed with the extra brake light. this setup is usually on rt.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks for the tips

thanks for the tips my spyder is a 2013 STL I checked the routing to the rear fender and the wires were all in the clips and not hanging down by the tire.
    all the plugs seem to be pushed tight together. i will just have to wait till i take it in for the recall work sept. 19th
    and no night riding in the mean time

Spyder Garage

thanks for the tips my spyder is a 2013 STL I checked the routing to the rear fender and the wires were all in the clips and not hanging down by the tire.
    all the plugs seem to be pushed tight together. i will just have to wait till i take it in for the recall work sept. 19th
    and no night riding in the mean time
    Have you checked the bulb itself? Take the cover off and give it a check over.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default multiple lights out

i cant imagine that both tail light bulbs and the license plate light bulb would all burn out at the same time oh! and i just realized when I was working on it last night that the front fender lights are not working as well this make sense as that is what that fuse in the fuse block is supposed to control. also the brake lights use the same bulb ( not the same type ) but the same exact bulb and they light up when the brakes are applied. if i didn't have to work for a living i might be able to spend more time trouble shooting this issue. I guess that is what the warranty is for?