Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users TokenTwoWheeler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default The Five Wheel Gang is Planning a Ride

That's right! She_TK and I (your friendly neighborhood token two wheeler) are planning a rider. It will probably be next spring, but we've scouted the route.

We are thinking of calling it:

The Stomach of Washington--A burger run so epic, we had to use the word "epic" in the tag line.

Details as we decide to share them.

Spyder Garage

Default The Birth of "The Stomach of Washington"

Shel_TK grew up in the Vancouver/Portland area. Down in that area, there is a local fast food chain called "Burgerville USA." She preferred it to all other fast food joints. About a decade or so, they switched to local, season ingredients. That made them even better. Don't get me wrong, it's still a fast food joint, but it one of the best fast food joints out there.
    Since Shel_TK got her Spyder earlier this year, we've trekked down I-5 on our bikes several times. It's better than taking the car, but it is still Interstate travel--no fun twisties.

She pulled out our Destination Highways book, and braided together a bunch of the "twisted edges" to get a route from Issaquah to Centralia. We tried out the route, and it was a lot of fun. It is only 126 miles, but because of the back roads, it is a four hour trek.

When we launch the ryde (I should have used that spelling in the title), we will have worked all the kinks--including points where we will need to wait for people to catch up. The plan is to ride there using the route, have lunch in Centralia, and then take I-5 home.
    We are mapping out where we need to wait to bunch the ryders up again, and any "leg stretch stops." Below are the tentative routes.

THE FIRST LEG
    http://goo.gl/maps/Xp7xh

You'll note that the first let starts in the middle of the road. We will either start at I-90 Motorsports, or if they can't open early enough (this is a long ride after all), a Krispy Kreme up the road a little. Or Maybe the Starbucks next door. Or something.

You might also note, that we are going around Enumclaw. This is to avoid the traffic lights in town, to help us stay together better.

The first leg ends after 66 miles at a 76 station. We will fuel up and have a leg stretch here. This also happens to be the 76 that we stopped at during the "Not Afraid of the Dark" ryde.

THE SECOND LEG
    http://goo.gl/maps/mXqpQ

There is one ugly part of this ryde: Yelm. We have no choice in this matter, as Yelm contains the only river crossing anywhere close to the route. When we get out of Yelm, we have already noted a wait spot to gather people after all the traffic lights.

In compensation for the ugliness of Yelp, we pass buy a couple of beautiful lakes, and have some marvelous twisties.

The leg ends after 60 miles at Burgerville USA.

It'll take a bit longer than four hours, due to the programed "wait" points, and any other places we need to stop for a stretch.

GOING HOME
    It takes about 90 minutes to get back to Bothell from Centralia and one tank of gas. We figure that we'll convoy home with the people heading North, and we'll split off as we get to our respective exits.

WHEN
    Again, next spring, unless it appears that we get an "Indian Summer" in early October.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Stamach of washington

Hi LADIES THANK YOU FOR THIS RIDE IT SOUNDS GREAT. I have lived in yelm for over 35 yrs and know lots of routes around the downtown zone and still keep you on track time wise in fact it may shave some time off the total and involve pure country roads to boot. give me a shout and I shall share with you..I think October would be an excellent time for this ride . What say the rest of everyone? My number is 360-481-0446.

Quote Originally Posted by TokenTwoWheeler View Post
    Shel_TK grew up in the Vancouver/Portland area. Down in that area, there is a local fast food chain called "Burgerville USA." She preferred it to all other fast food joints. About a decade or so, they switched to local, season ingredients. That made them even better. Don't get me wrong, it's still a fast food joint, but it one of the best fast food joints out there.
    Since Shel_TK got her Spyder earlier this year, we've trekked down I-5 on our bikes several times. It's better than taking the car, but it is still Interstate travel--no fun twisties.

She pulled out our Destination Highways book, and braided together a bunch of the "twisted edges" to get a route from Issaquah to Centralia. We tried out the route, and it was a lot of fun. It is only 126 miles, but because of the back roads, it is a four hour trek.

When we launch the ryde (I should have used that spelling in the title), we will have worked all the kinks--including points where we will need to wait for people to catch up. The plan is to ride there using the route, have lunch in Centralia, and then take I-5 home.
    We are mapping out where we need to wait to bunch the ryders up again, and any "leg stretch stops." Below are the tentative routes.

THE FIRST LEG

You'll note that the first let starts in the middle of the road. We will either start at I-90 Motorsports, or if they can't open early enough (this is a long ride after all), a Krispy Kreme up the road a little. Or Maybe the Starbucks next door. Or something.

You might also note, that we are going around Enumclaw. This is to avoid the traffic lights in town, to help us stay together better.

The first leg ends after 66 miles at a 76 station. We will fuel up and have a leg stretch here. This also happens to be the 76 that we stopped at during the "Not Afraid of the Dark" ryde.

THE SECOND LEG

There is one ugly part of this ryde: Yelm. We have no choice in this matter, as Yelm contains the only river crossing anywhere close to the route. When we get out of Yelm, we have already noted a wait spot to gather people after all the traffic lights.

In compensation for the ugliness of Yelp, we pass buy a couple of beautiful lakes, and have some marvelous twisties.

It'll take a bit longer than four hours, due to the programed "wait" points, and any other places we need to stop for a stretch.

GOING HOME
    It takes about 90 minutes to get back to Bothell from Centralia and one tank of gas. We figure that we'll convoy home with the people heading North, and we'll split off as we get to our respective exits.

WHEN
    Again, next spring, unless it appears that we get an "Indian Summer" in early October.

Spyder Garage

Spyderman: We'll certainly give you a ring in the next few days.

Spyder Garage

Default October would be great

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman051 View Post
    Hi LADIES THANK YOU FOR THIS RIDE IT SOUNDS GREAT. I have lived in yelm for over 35 yrs and know lots of routes around the downtown zone and still keep you on track time wise in fact it may shave some time off the total and involve pure country roads to boot. give me a shout and I shall share with you..I think October would be an excellent time for this ride . What say the rest of everyone? My number is 360-481-0446.

Lets see Burgers and Hot Cider... A Nworth west October Feast!

Sounds like a great way to Spend the day a good ryde with friends

Don
    Last edited by n7wol; 09-12-2013 at 02:53 AM. Reason: spelling

[

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That looks like fun. (and Burgertime is pretty good too)
    2012 RT-S5, Quantum Blue, "Bitsy". Just starting out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by n7wol View Post
    Lets see Burgers and Hot Cider... A Nworth west October Feast!

Sounds like a great way to Spend the day a good ryde with friends

Don
    yes Cider and hamburgers the October feast of the great NW I think we should try
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

We may be doing another test of this route on October 5th.

We may even be open to having a few people tag along.

If we go, it won't be the official run, so look for the official run in it's own future thread.

Spyder Garage

let us know if we can tag sounds like fun just a long day when you live up north
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

Default October 5th is a Go!

. . . and we're willing to have some people tag along.

However, if the weather report for Issaquah or Centralia shows over 25% chance of rain, we're calling the thing off. No point in making ourselves miserable on a practice run.

It's going to be a long day, so we'll want to be on the route by 8 AM.

Exact meeting time, meeting place, and start time soon.

Spyder Garage

OK . . . We'll be starting at the Starbucks in Issaquah near the Krispy Kreme (6170 East Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE, Issaquah, WA).

Here is the updated first leg:
    http://goo.gl/maps/FJW1C

As for start time, I haven't talked to Shel_TK yet. We've been having too good a time riding.

I'll bet that we want to be on the road by 7:30, but I'll confirm that tonight.
    Last edited by TokenTwoWheeler; 09-23-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added SB address.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looks like fun. Hopefully the rain will allow it. May have to see if my 11 year old daughter is interested in riding two-up for it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The ten day forecast for Saturday, 5 October, is saying partly cloudy with a 0% chance of rain. This being the PNW, that's subject to change......

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Fall weather pattern

Sounds as good as any for this time of year Wha hooo

Quote Originally Posted by PatGund View Post
    The ten day forecast for Saturday, 5 October, is saying partly cloudy with a 0% chance of rain. This being the PNW, that's subject to change......

Spyder Garage

If all goes well I should be able to come over and meet up with you guys on Saturday. Spyder is back on the road....

Spyder Garage

THE FIRST LEG

THE SECOND LEG

GOING HOME

WHEN

is the second leg still as posted?
    are you making any stops in Yelm?
    Last edited by Heliplt; 10-01-2013 at 07:45 AM.
    Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

Spyder Garage

Morning,

Along the route, the chance of rain varies from 10% to 20%. We are right on the margin.

Here are the legs again:
    http://goo.gl/maps/vCyJa

<gas here>

http://goo.gl/maps/KBbBI

The second leg still goes through Yelm, but the current plan is to ride through. We haven't had time to work on that section.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Yelm leg can be skirted around town proper

Yelm leg can be Skirted to the south by turning left as soon as you cross the nisqually river as you start up the hill onto vail loop rd which does a ten mile loop back to hwy 507 just south of the town of Raineer. THIS A LAZY FARM ROAD WITH LOTS OF Sceanery and another river crossing (DESCHUTES RIver) WITH TWISTIES AND UP AND DOWNS ALOT LESS TRAFFIC AND MORE FUN TO RIDE.

Morning,

Along the route, the chance of rain varies from 10% to 20%. We are right on the margin.

Here are the legs again:
    http://goo.gl/maps/vCyJa

<gas here>

http://goo.gl/maps/KBbBI

The second leg still goes through Yelm, but the current plan is to ride through. We haven't had time to work on that section.

Spyder Garage

Yelm leg can be Skirted to the south by turning left as soon as you cross the nisqually river as you start up the hill onto vail loop rd. . .
    I'll plug that into the route, and see what happens.

I'm not promising we'll go that way, but we will certainly look at it.

Spyder Garage

Default The Weather

As of this morning here are the chances of rain along our route:

Issaquah: 20%
    Enumclaw: 20%
    Eatonville: 10%
    Yelm: 10%
    Centralia: 10%

I'll check again this evening with a firm Yes or No.

As 2/5ths of the Five-Wheel Gang, I'm leaning toward "Yes."

Spyder Garage

THIS A LAZY FARM ROAD WITH LOTS OF Sceanery and another river crossing (DESCHUTES RIver) WITH TWISTIES AND UP AND DOWNS ALOT LESS TRAFFIC AND MORE FUN TO RIDE.
    I've just gotten around to looking at this. I think it will be fun, but I'm checking with the other 3/5ths of the gang.

Spyder Garage

Default Special Burger Deal at Our Destination

We were able flex our impressive muscle. When we get to Burgerville will be running a special deal.

The deal is you get two burgers from the list below for $7.00:
    • Tillamook Cheeseburger
    • Deluxe Crispy Chicken Sandwich
    • Spicy Anasazi Bean Burger
    • Wild Alaskan Halibut Filet Sandwich

By "flex our impressive muscle," I really mean "found the ad for this deal in our email."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default muscle deal

such a spyder deal.. what no punkin shake?

We were able flex our impressive muscle. When we get to Burgerville will be running a special deal.

The deal is you get two burgers from the list below for $7.00:

• Tillamook Cheeseburger
    • Deluxe Crispy Chicken Sandwich
    • Spicy Anasazi Bean Burger
    • Wild Alaskan Halibut Filet Sandwich

By "flex our impressive muscle," I really mean "found the ad for this deal in our email."

Spyder Garage

Default Here is the updated Leg 2

With Steve's Suggestion:

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=Ea...4,5,6&t=m&z=11

I'm working on putting together a rally-style route book. I'm not promising that the route book will be completed in time.

Thunderbirds are go. Well, 90% certain. As long as the weather report holds, we're good. If we see the weather report going sour on Friday morning, we'll back out.

So . . . who is coming?
    Last edited by TokenTwoWheeler; 10-02-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

The weather is still holding. Keep your fingers crossed.