Spyder Garage

Default Tonight I install my first Farkle!

I am going to install the Corbin Armrests that finally came in. I am really nervous to put a wrench to my new bike...but i am a mechanical engineer so I am confident in my ability...just nervous.. Wish me luck
    Jonny

Spyder Garage

Good luck and let us know how it goes, I think that is going to be one of my winter projects.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Am watching intently and am hoping all goes well. I to have a set of these that have not yet been installed. I have read and reread the instructions and looks pretty intense to me. Probably would help a ton if the instructions were in color and not black and white and the second problem is they do not match the saddle colored seat. There not even close these are a much light tan. Appear to be very well made just have not decited as to weather to install them or go with the diamond R armrest. So good luck to ya on the installation and hope you can post pictures along the way.

Spyder Garage

I too have read the instructions about 6 times. I think it is going to be a case of just taking my time and not forcing anything. I will take pictures along the way
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Light
    • Spyderpops Bumpskid with TricLED LED kit
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

Default Relax a bit..!!

Take your time organize your parts work neat and all will work out fine....good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's to The best of luck to you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Raise your old seat and lay some white cloth and cover all the holes under the seat to prevent anything you might loose in the process. good luck.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Good luck.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

good luck............just keep track of all the parts!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Waiting to hear how it went...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin arm rests

They are a pain to install! Instruction seem to skip a few things along the way. I remember %^*&^%$# alot during the install. Their color did not match my seat either, it irritated me so much (no help from Corbin) that I had covers made to cover the covers of Corbin. I chose Corbin however because my wife used to bend the arm rests on our other bikes, although she is a small women, leaning on the arm rests while getting on seem to put too much stress on the support arms. My buddy that chose not to go with Corbin, has already experienced bent arm rest.

Quote Originally Posted by maww12 View Post
    Am watching intently and am hoping all goes well. I to have a set of these that have not yet been installed. I have read and reread the instructions and looks pretty intense to me. Probably would help a ton if the instructions were in color and not black and white and the second problem is they do not match the saddle colored seat. There not even close these are a much light tan. Appear to be very well made just have not decited as to weather to install them or go with the diamond R armrest. So good luck to ya on the installation and hope you can post pictures along the way.

Spyder Garage

Ok all installed! The right side took me 1.5 hours... The left side took me 15 minutes. The instructions were NOT very good as it skipped a screw you have to remove and it also skipped a screw on the armrest that you have to install.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378952143.811377.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378952165.422657.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378952178.322519.jpg
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

Default Arm rests

You did a nice job. The are rests look good. I also see a seat belt for the rear passenger. Mixed thoughts on that. Wife might like these arm rests if they do not interfere with mount and dismount activity.

Spyder Garage

The egress and regress is really not impacted by the armrests at all. I was worried about that. I did install a seatbelt for my girlfriend. It gave her a real sense of security. It is nothing more than a canvas strap but it works
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are now a "Certified Farkler"!!