Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RS and RS-S handlebar spacer

So I've really been back and forth on the RS-S to ST-S handlebar swap lately and this got me thinking. I wish I could rise them up about and 1" to 1 1/2" more and in the past they sold a spacer block. So I went back to ProCaliber's exploded view of the steering stem and it looks like it would be very easy to make a spacer for the new bikes. Heck it looks like it would be easier on these new bikes to me because it could be a flat machines piece of aluminum with holes drilled in it. You would also need longer bolts and this might be the problem as I'm no steering engineer. Look at the picture below and tell me what you think.....................explode view1.jpg
    Last edited by Orange monster; 09-09-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So does nobody have or work in a machine shop that would be willing to try and machine a spacer for the new steering stem? It looks like it would be very easy to make with the right tools.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Might not even be that difficult. What about a length of square tube on its side? Bolt to the neck and bolt to the bar section with nuts and bolts.
    We used to do this on our race skis when riding offshore to raise the bars up a few inches.
    Check out McMaster-Carr for your raw materials and give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk