Spyder Garage

Default Cruse control issues

On our 2013 ST-L during long rides at some point during that ride the cruse control will stop working and the only way I have found to get ottos RK again is to turn if off for a minimum of 15 min and then turn it on again. This has happened on all of our full day rides.

Has any one else have this issue?

Going to take it to the dealership Tuesday about this and the brake light staying on as well as
    the recall issue, but sadly I do not have faith in them to find the fix.
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The brakelights alone are enough to kill the cruise control... (The bike thinks that you're applying the brakes...)
    Get that issue fixed; you should be good to go!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The brakelights alone are enough to kill the cruise control... (The bike thinks that you're applying the brakes...)
    Get that issue fixed; you should be good to go!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    On our 2013 ST-L during long rides at some point during that ride the cruse control will stop working and the only way I have found to get ottos RK again is to turn if off for a minimum of 15 min and then turn it on again. This has happened on all of our full day rides.

Has any one else have this issue?

Going to take it to the dealership Tuesday about this and the brake light staying on as well as
    the recall issue, but sadly I do not have faith in them to find the fix.
    I have a 2012 RT Limited. When I first got it the cruise control would not set unless I was going at least 46 MPH. I mentioned this to my local dealer when I took it in for the first service at 600 miles. He was not helpful, and like so many other Can-Am dealers does not have a clue about customer service. When I went to the Spyder Owners Event in Maggie Valley this past June I stood in line and asked the BRP technical folks about this problem. They said it was a bad cruise control switch and to take it to the dealer to have the switch replaced. I did not really buy this explanation as it did set if I was going over 46 MPH. On the way back from Maggie Valley the odometer rolled over 1000 miles, and now the cruise control suddenly started working like it should, and would set at almost any speed. I don't know if BRP had done this on purpose, but the BRP techs never asked me how many miles were on the odometer. I mention this incase anyone else has a problem setting the cruise control at speeds below 46 or 47 MPH.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

MY '10 RTS se will engage anytime over 3000 RPM's.